Brûlé in the Portal

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
He has not had a very productive year. I expected him to be great after last year but not so much. Did not think he was leaving but he may feel like his playing time is gonna reduce even more. I appreciate what he did and wish him the best.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
The Ole Miss contingent has been working behind the scenes on Tulu, but he came out on Twitter saying he was staying no matter what the rumors.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Didn’t Brule have a family issue at home, sick relative or something that he missed some practice/school time a year or two ago?

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I really like Brule and hate to hear it. Aren't many good reasons to leave MSU defense. We've been putting solid performers in the league for a while now. Can I hope this means that he sees his role will diminish because we have better players than him moving up/coming in?

DAWG61

Feb 26, 2008
Boomer interprets twitter

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I’m not. It’s probably nothing but it definitely falls in the same pattern of 19-20 year old athletes on Twitter these days when **** like this happens.
There was nothing cryptic about his tweet. He's shown no reason to think he may transfer.

Brule on the other hand, has been whining for as long as I can remember.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
That wasn’t expected, was it?

It was somewhat, but I wouldn't say it was for sure. There were some things earlier in the year that pointed to this. There's one other that might surprise some or maybe not. They're teetering on jumping.

Last edited:

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
Yes. It was somewhat diminished this year tho he played a lot. A bunch of games he did not start. Plus they are bragging on the new guys so.....

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
Sucks for our depth. But he really underwhelmed this year. I can only remember a handful of plays all year that his name was called…

Last edited:

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020
Sucks for our depth. But he really underwhelmed this year. I can only remember a handful of plays all year that his name was called…

Agreed. When he made that stop on 4th down early on against Mississippi I was like I can’t remember the last time I heard his name called.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
We had 4 "starting" LBs returning in Watson, Brule, Johnson, and Wheat (assuming he does come back for another year).

Johnson's emergence really cut into his playing time.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
Probly heard his name some before Johnson came in to play. That first game he started when Watson was out he was in on every tackle it seemed like. Made me wonder who the hell decided to not play him the first 4 or 5 games.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
We had 4 "starting" LBs returning in Watson, Brule, Johnson, and Wheat (assuming he does come back for another year).

Johnson's emergence really cut into his playing time.

I thought this was common knowledge. Guess not. He had a good 2020 season. Good luck to him.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login