OT: Snake experts

tbaydog

Feb 25, 2008
Just was able to get back in house after Milt. Found this bad boy in patio chair. Any clue what type.

Attachments

• thumbnail_View rece.jpg
    thumbnail_View rece.jpg
    507.5 KB · Views: 14

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Corn snake. Not a copperhead. Repeat. NOT a copperhead.

Morons call all snakes copperheads. Coppers have a DISTINCT Hershey kiss pattern. Morons are responsible for many deaths of beneficial rat snakes and corn snakes.

Also remember, snakes are moving after big storms, so expect that. No reason to kill them just because they are close to the house.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008

Morons call all snakes copperheads. Coppers have a DISTINCT Hershey kiss pattern. Morons are responsible for many deaths of beneficial rat snakes and corn snakes.

Also remember, snakes are moving after big storms, so expect that. No reason to kill them just because they are close to

Also remember, snakes are moving after big storms, so expect that. No reason to kill them just because they are close to the house.
If a snake is anywhere near my house, that I do not like, It will be eliminated.
KMA.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
If a snake is anywhere near my house, that I do not like, It will be eliminated.
KMA.
If a snake is near your house, and you keep your grass mowed and/or a big storm hasnt just passed, you might want to check yo nasty asss because you probably got other rodent problems.

Only morons kill non venomous snakes. Let them help your rat issue, at minimum.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
If a snake is near your house, and you keep your grass mowed and/or a big storm hasnt just passed, you might want to check yo nasty asss because you probably got other rodent problems.

Only morons kill non venomous snakes. Let them help your rat issue, at minimum.
I live next to woods. Last year, a neighbor a had a sizeable Timber Ratter to visit.
We always have to watch out.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
I will put enmity between you and the woman and between your seed and her seed; He will bruise your head; and you will bruise His heel.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004

Not only that, but there are not copperheads in Tampa St Pete. They are extremely rare if any, even in the Pensacola area. Every Nextdoor post frames any orangish snake as a Copperhead and everyone is reminded that we don’t have them and some guy will ultimately say they have seen them. I’m sure they are hanging around all the black panthers that they claim to see as well.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Definitely a Corn Snake. I had one as a pet when I was young and I hated that snake. It would strike at you every time you went to get it out. I had a Boa Constrictor before it and that snake was great and always calm. It got too big for my parents liking and we replaced it with a Corn Snake.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I live next to woods. Last year, a neighbor a had a sizeable Timber Ratter to visit.
We always have to watch out.
Understand. Me too. I’m not judging you per se, I just hate when folks just blanket label snakes as copperheads.

I’ve seen many people label kingmakers as copperheads. And they eat them!

FormerBully

Sep 2, 2022
I am the only one that thought someone was asking about personal snake issues? Never thought I see a snake thread actually about snakes on here.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login