Braedyn Locke

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
All 4 of our Texas high school recruits have come and gone. They all came to MSU on the heals of the very successful Dak Prescott era. They all thought the QB Whisperer (Mullen) would make them the next Dak. Unfortunately, things change, and the future just doesn't pan out like most of us figured it would. All 4 were highly recruited and I would have hoped we might have kept either Sawyer or Locke, but oh well. The Moose got loose, the Greek got freaked, and then we lost the final 2. That leaves us with a Sr. QB who'll now have to learn a new system under a new head coach and OC. And a talented incoming freshman with no experience whatsoever. The next couple years could be interesting.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
All 4 of our Texas high school recruits have come and gone. They all came to MSU on the heals of the very successful Dak Prescott era. They all thought the QB Whisperer (Mullen) would make them the next Dak. Unfortunately, things change, and the future just doesn't pan out like most of us figured it would. All 4 were highly recruited and I would have hoped we might have kept either Sawyer or Locke, but oh well. The Moose got loose, the Greek got freaked, and then we lost the final 2. That leaves us with a Sr. QB who'll now have to learn a new system under a new head coach and OC. And a talented incoming freshman with no experience whatsoever. The next couple years could be interesting.
Sounds like if we don't get a good OC and s transfer qb that can move the next two years will suck and the new AD will be doing a search. A lot hinges on this OC hire for arnett

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
This hire and the spring portal
Thing I keep seeing that is missing from most of these names other than Briles when he was mentioned is a top qb developer a qb whisper. Without that the offense is going to struggle. No Mullen or leach. If we don't find "that" guy I'm not too convinced these oc's will get the production we want. Hopefully it's a guy that hasn't been getting floated on 247 and I'm hoping they are getting bad information

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Thing I keep seeing that is missing from most of these names other than Briles when he was mentioned is a top qb developer a qb whisper. Without that the offense is going to struggle. No Mullen or leach. If we don't find "that" guy I'm not too convinced these oc's will get the production we want. Hopefully it's a guy that hasn't been getting floated on 247 and I'm hoping they are getting bad information
True enough. We aren't going to be able to get a guy that runs a productive offense, that has been a play caller for years, that is a QB whisperer, and all that rolled into one I don't think. Maybe I'm wrong tho.

Reactions: drumrcraig

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
He's going from a school that attempted 634 passes in 2022 to a school that attempted 326. We rushed it 295x, WI rushed it 501. Going to be culture shock for awhile for him

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Switching to the a "spread" type offense (if Zach wanted to go that route) wouldn't be near as big a deal as many believe, would only need to grab a couple TEs, RBs and a QB out of the portal, unfortunately the portal closes in a week and i doubt we will be able to get an OC and work the portal in that short of a time period. Therefore, with an immobile QB who can't or won't throw deep (more than a few times per game), it limits our options at OC.

Reactions: drumrcraig

HD6

Apr 8, 2003
He's going from a school that attempted 634 passes in 2022 to a school that attempted 326. We rushed it 295x, WI rushed it 501. Going to be culture shock for awhile for him
It would be if Paul Chryst was still the head coach there. But he isn't, it's Luke Fickell. Wisconsin's offense will be more balanced under him.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
It would be if Paul Chryst was still the head coach there. But he isn't, it's Luke Fickell. Wisconsin's offense will be more balanced under him.
I guess I don't follow Big 10 football closely enough to know that. Not sure Big 10 fans actuallly do either, they are too concerned with trying to discredit the SEC rather than follow their own teams.

I am however honored that The General replied to me, even more so than the time Alyssa Milano replied to me on Twitter. I "confronted" her about some stupid Tweet she sent out and asked her why her kind called it "global warming" when it was hot outside but "climate change" when we had record lows and winter storms? She actually replied about how "socially irresponsible and climatalogically ignorant" that I was and then I got sent to the Twitter principals office for a month or so for MY "abusive language".

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login