Branden Jennings

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Well we beat out Bethune Cookman for this linebacker. And hey, he might be a good one but do we not have a dozen linebackers already ?

kired

Aug 22, 2008
What’s the story on this guy? He was one time committed to Michigan and FSU, ranked as 4-star out of high school. Ended up signing with Maryland and played as freshman. Transferred to Kansas St for a spring, then at UCF for 2022, now at Hinds juco.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I just don't know. Maybe he is the next Wheat but I sure hope our coaches know what they are doing. Things will get nasty real quick if they sign a bunch of zero star juco guys and the D doesn't improve

patdog

May 28, 2007
What’s the story on this guy? He was one time committed to Michigan and FSU, ranked as 4-star out of high school. Ended up signing with Maryland and played as freshman. Transferred to Kansas St for a spring, then at UCF for 2022, now at Hinds juco.
Committed to 2 different schools, then signed with a 3rd, and then 3 transfers in 3 years. That's a lot of huge red flags to me.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Talk about going out on a limb. And for a linebacker. Not a dominant 6'6 edge, nose tackle or DT, a linebacker. I know we are losing our linebackers this year but we have been recruiting 3 good ones the last 2 or 3 years. They should be pushing to hit the field by now. Oh well. Maybe this dude is really good.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Back to the Jackie days of taking bad actors again, I see.

If you can control them, they end up playing with a chip on their shoulder. If they don't.......yeah, AZ Western

patdog

May 28, 2007
Back to the Jackie days of taking bad actors again, I see.

If you can control them, they end up playing with a chip on their shoulder.
Yep. Also, just notice look at the trajectory of the schools he's committing to, signing with and transferring to: Michigan, FSU, Maryland, K-State, UCF, Hinds CC. He's working his way down the ladder.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
The scoop as far as production is he has 17 tackles combined at this stops (excluding Hinds). They say he has the ability, but.. he wasn't getting on the field much.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
The scoop as far as production is he has 17 tackles combined at this stops (excluding Hinds). They say he has the ability, but.. he wasn't getting on the field much.
In other words, the kinda guy that you maybe take a chance on after a class is already filled out, and an unexpected change opens up an extra scholarship. Not when you’ve only got 15 commitments

To say that this is alarming at this stage in the game is quite the understatement

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
How many from the 2020 recruiting class are still on roster? All of them get to come back. I know Woody, Walley and Will are part of that class. That should be the last class with the extra Covid year. If I am correct. I could be wrong.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Waylon Jennings - Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
In other words, the kinda guy that you maybe take a chance on after a class is already filled out, and an unexpected change opens up an extra scholarship. Not when you’ve only got 15 commitments

To say that this is alarming at this stage in the game is quite the understatement
I agree.

7Dust

Sep 1, 2023
How many from the 2020 recruiting class are still on roster? All of them get to come back. I know Woody, Walley and Will are part of that class. That should be the last class with the extra Covid year. If I am correct. I could be wrong.
21 of the 28 signees in the 2020 class are no longer on roster...

16 of the 29 signees in the 2021 class are no longer on roster...

11 of the 29 signees in the 2022 class are no longer on roster(this number is going to go up after the season)...

We were not very good at recruiting under Leach(scouting games in person was very bad)....not adding in you had office people making offers to players and having lots of control over that.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
21 of the 28 signees in the 2020 class are no longer on roster...

16 of the 29 signees in the 2021 class are no longer on roster...

11 of the 29 signees in the 2022 class are no longer on roster(this number is going to go up after the season)...

We were not very good at recruiting under Leach(scouting games in person was very bad)....not adding in you had office people making offers to players and having lots of control over that.
That was the way Leach did things, he was more analytical. And he would have continued to win with those players. Is that the right or wrong way to do things at MSU? Probably the wrong way honestly, but it would have still worked for him. By "worked", I mean we'd win 7 or 8 games per year.

It's not as bad of a situation as Mullen and Moorhead left Leach. People don't want to talk about it, but Mullen's last couple classes were not good - he knew a dropoff was coming after 2018.

Problem for Arnett is that he's not going to be judged on his long term development. He has to be decent NEXT year.

Reactions: blitz2Win

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
That was the way Leach did things, he was more analytical. And he would have continued to win with those players. Is that the right or wrong way to do things at MSU? Probably the wrong way honestly, but it would have still worked for him. By "worked", I mean we'd win 7 or 8 games per year.

It's not as bad of a situation as Mullen and Moorhead left Leach. People don't want to talk about it, but Mullen's last couple classes were not good - he knew a dropoff was coming after 2018.

Problem for Arnett is that he's not going to be judged on his long term development. He has to be decent NEXT year.
You have to compare it to the other football programs because that's the time that the portal, NL, and COVID year affected the numbers, so other schools may have ended up with the same kind of numbers that we have.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023

Yep, Leach was winning more games every year. Upward trajectory.

this staff will probably win 5 this year and 3 next year. Going in the crapper

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login