Brandon Miller getting looped into the murder in Tuscaloosa

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
Testimony today revealed that Brandon Miller brought the loaded weapon to the two men (one of who was his teammate at the time) who shot and killed a young woman in Tuscaloosa last month. He apparently also used his totally legally obtained Dodge Charger to block the road where the victim was parked. Nate Oats' response??? He doesn't think Miller did anything wrong. Unbelievable.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
If we take that article at face value, Miles told Miller to bring his gun, Miller brought the gun, Davis got the gun (presumably handed to him by Miles), and Davis pulled the trigger.

Miles is charged with capital murder, but according to Oats, Miller isn’t in trouble at all?

ETA: Of course this has nothing to do with Oats’ assessment, but Miller leads Alabama basketball in minutes, field goals made, free throws made, three-pointers made, points, defensive rebounds, and rebounds.

Last edited:

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
If we take that article at face value, Miles told Miller to bring his gun, Miller brought the gun, Davis got the gun (presumably handed to him by Miles), and Davis pulled the trigger.

Miles is charged with capital murder, but according to Oats, Miller isn’t in trouble at all?

ETA: Of course this has nothing to do with Oats’ assessment, but Miller leads Alabama basketball in minutes, field goals made, free throws made, three-pointers made, points, defensive rebounds, and rebounds.
If Miller and Jaden Bradley blocked the road to intentionally prevent the eventual victim from leaving, that seems troubling as well.

Lawdawg.sixpack

Jul 22, 2012
Miles to Miller: "Come meet us and bring your gun."

Nate Oats: "Nobody knew what was going to happen... [Brandon was at] the wrong spot at the wrong time."

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
How in the HELL have we not heard about Brandon Miller's involvement before today? The Bammer fan-boy "journalists" evidently cover crap up just like the "Not A Fan" crew in Oxford.
I have a funny feeling that only Bama graduates are in charge of the news outlets in Birmingham a.k.a. Alabama. Course they may have corporate offices in Nashville too.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
So you’re sure they weren’t headed out on a hunting trip the next morning? **

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
How in the HELL have we not heard about Brandon Miller's involvement before today? The Bammer fan-boy "journalists" evidently cover crap up just like the "Not A Fan" crew in Oxford.
I’ll admit that I only skimmed through the article, so maybe this has already been clarified, but the only thing I can guess is that Miles only recently revealed to police where he actually got the gun. Otherwise, how in the world does the head investigator say that they had nothing to charge Miller with?

I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess that the gun Miller provided was unregistered which would already be a felony charge, but if he seriously provided the fire arm that was used to murder someone, he’s in deep, deep **** right now

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Miller is the #1 leading scorer in the SEC, just throwing that little factoid in there for evaluation. Quite the story that was hidden... until now.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Testimony today revealed that Brandon Miller brought the loaded weapon to the two men (one of who was his teammate at the time) who shot and killed a young woman in Tuscaloosa last month. He apparently also used his totally legally obtained Dodge Charger to block the road where the victim was parked. Nate Oats' response??? He doesn't think Miller did anything wrong. Unbelievable.

Sounds like all of this comes from Miles, his 4th version of events if I read correctly. Would be really hard to convict on just that. DA probably feels he needs sound evidence to charge, and probably wants Miller's testimony against Miles and Davis.

Tall Dawg

Apr 11, 2016
So he brought a gun, knowing it’ll most likely be used, someone dies, but he’s not “in trouble”? Bama logic…
Nate Quaker Oats is going to be Miller’s lawyer as soon as they get through playing in Final 4….

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Court can subpeona the cell phone record location for Miller, its really simple and easy to do to place him at the scene of the murder

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Regardless of his legal status, can’t the university kick Miller off the team if they determine that he was in any way involved in a murder? At some point you’re neglecting the safety of students if you’re willing to ignore someone’s involvement in a murder because of how good they are at roundball.

Reactions: TXDawg.sixpack

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Court can subpeona the cell phone record location for Miller, its really simple and easy to do to place him at the scene of the murder
Just placing him at the scene doesn't prove much. Doesn't prove he brought a gun, nor that he gave it to the shooter. Besides, it would just place him within range of the tower, and that covers a lot of places in that part of town. And anyway it sounds like video places his car at the scene.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Just placing him at the scene doesn't prove much. Doesn't prove he brought a gun, nor that he gave it to the shooter. Besides, it would just place him within range of the tower, and that covers a lot of places in that part of town. And anyway it sounds like video places his car at the scene.
It will all play out as usual in the coming days. Court can subpeona Apple or Google to get the exact time and location within 10 meters. Yes it happens. So A) was he there can and will be proven, B) did he supply the gun may or may not be proven, and C) did he block the street with his car is proven by video evidence.

Not looking good and I would imagine by Monday 2/27 Miller is off the team if not sooner.

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
The article states that some of the video evidence used against Miles was recorded on Miller's dash cam. It's pretty obvious he was at the scene. He brought the gun to the scene and his car was used to block the road (it actually took two bullets to the windshield). How he's not being charged as an accessory is beyond me...

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Alabama native Angela Davis bought the shotgun used to blow off the head of a judge and she's a hero to lots of lefty college professors. She's had a successful career including as a college prof and is in the National Women's Hall of Fame. Thus, there's hope for Brandon. He just needs to take up the right causes.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011

I don't know anything about Alabama basketball, other than they're supposedly a #1 seed and they bounce back and forth between 1 and 2 in the polls.

I assume Miller is one of their top players? If that's the case, of course he's not in trouble.

If I remember correctly there was an incident in Louisiana involving a football player and Saban "somehow" managed to get him out of trouble.

Reactions: onewoof

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I don't know anything about Alabama basketball, other than they're supposedly a #1 seed and they bounce back and forth between 1 and 2 in the polls.

I assume Miller is one of their top players? If that's the case, of course he's not in trouble.

If I remember correctly there was an incident in Louisiana involving a football player and Saban "somehow" managed to get him out of trouble.
just a case of dang bad luck, being in the wrong place at the wrong time dagnabbit, shucks

Reactions: Seinfeld

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
As it relates to Miller’s status with the team and school, I don’t even know if it matters if there was a murder or not. If Alabama is anything like MSU….and as a state run school it very well should be, then the mere possession of a firearm on campus is immediate expulsion. If Miller lived on campus in an athletic dorm, or even if he just traveled through campus with the weapon in tow, he’s likely done.

The other stuff certainly doesn’t sound good either, but I’ll let someone with more legal expertise opine on whether he would get an accessory or conspiracy charge. Regardless, I don’t see how he will be on the court for Bama’s next game at an absolute minimum.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
It will all play out as usual in the coming days. Court can subpeona Apple or Google to get the exact time and location within 10 meters. Yes it happens. So A) was he there can and will be proven, B) did he supply the gun may or may not be proven, and C) did he block the street with his car is proven by video evidence.

Not looking good and I would imagine by Monday 2/27 Miller is off the team if not sooner.
Agreed, except I imagine the DA wants his cooperation against the other two, and he's saying if he's charged there will be no deal. I would guess they are trying to work out some lesser charges that would allow him to stay on the team. Is deferring charges an option?

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Sorry in advance for the long post.

I’m unsure if journalists or any LEO’s were asked to keep a lid on any of this tragedy or not. But I can tell you, I’ve heard stories for over 20 years about how on-campus incidents and incidents involving athletes gets kept from the light of day in Tuscaloosa. I’ve heard from several independent and reliable sources about the structure and protection of drug and human trafficking here. The network in Oxford only wishes it could approach the efficiency levels of this machine.

A young man was hit by a train on campus a few years ago. His tox screen showed he was loaded with some nasty chemicals. His family was adamant he never did drugs and wanted a thorough investigation. I don’t know what happend to that young man. What I do know is that even if there was an investigation, it’s findings never saw public light. This is a consistent pattern for on-campus life here.

I saw the UA police interview videos of a female student who alleged she was drugged and raped a couple of years ago by a spoiled shitstain offspring of a very influential family in Tusc. I’m acquainted with the predatory tactics of this particular douche, as he and I have been in the same watering hole and I’ve seen it many times. Little alleged against him would shock me, but that is neither here nor there.

Anywho, UA police and Tuscaloosa Law enforcement, on video, talked that young lady in circles and made sure she knew right away how difficult it would be to prosecute. No rape kit was even performed. Evidence arising later did in fact reveal some strange circumstances surrounding her claims, but investigators never even attempted to look that far. That young lady dropped out of school and later commuted suicide. I have no idea what actually happened in that case, but UA authorities were very clear from the start they weren’t even going to consider pursuing an indictment. As a father of a daughter around her age, I’d dissuade any young lady I cared for going to UA or mingling in the bar scene in Tusc. If something goes wrong, and you’re a female alleging something against old money or an athlete, you won’t find many friends.

UA tentacles stretch far into the TPD and Tusc News. The only thing Oxford has remotely comparable to UA has is the slanted rag that spews it’s propaganda. Cecil Hurt was a good reporter and a decent human, but the rest of that paper is a hive mind of UA kissasses. Flock them.

FWIW, football players were warned for years about venturing across the river to unfriendly jurisdictions in Northport. Nothing on the south side of the river surprises me.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Sounds like all of this comes from Miles, his 4th version of events if I read correctly. Would be really hard to convict on just that. DA probably feels he needs sound evidence to charge, and probably wants Miller's testimony against Miles and Davis.
Was the gun Miller brought to the crime scene registered? Was he allowed to have it on his possession and / or in his car? If the gun's not legal, that's a clear cut weapon violation. Some jobs you can get canned for just saying stupid schit on line. Professional Athletes get kicked out and / or suspended for domestic violence sometimes. Way too early for Bamer coaches to say "no big deal". "Wrong Place / Wrong Time doens't cut it either because actually he WAS at the right place and made a CHOICE to be there and supply the gun.

Last edited:

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Was the gun Miller brought to the crime scene registered? Was he allowed to have it on his possession and / or in his car? If the gun's not legal, that's a clear cut weapon violation.
Yeah.....if you can prove ownership by Miller. If it's not registered, then it looks like the only evidence of that is the claim of a defendant who's changed his story 3 times already.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Just like Henry Ruggs never drove drunk until he left bama. Just like Pete Golding’s dui dropped at the 1st court appearance while they throw the book at the truly innocent. Just like Julio Jones never once bet on bama games, it was only discovered in the nfl. My, my the list goes on and on and on and on.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Just like Henry Ruggs never drove drunk until he left bama. Just like Pete Golding’s dui dropped at the 1st court appearance while they throw the book at the truly innocent. Just like Julio Jones never once bet on bama games, it was only discovered in the nfl. My, my the list goes on and on and on and on.
Bear Bryant was never charged with multiple DUI's

One of his assistants was never charged with molestation.

A NC QB was never arrested for any of his many violent bar brawls.

To keep this on topic, I'll say this again. Nate Oats is a complete narcissistic prick. If proven that he hides something illegal and immoral to protect his paycheck and the image of UA, I wouldn't be shocked. That's the world we live in, though. In fairness, Avery Johnson was one of the nicest and kindest persons you'd ever meet, but "just win baby" is all that seems to matter.

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
As a closet fan of Julio, you mean Calvin Ridley

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
As a closet fan of Julio, you mean Calvin Ridley
Yes, no need to worry. Ridley didn’t gamble on sec games. Don’t even think about. No need to investigate . Nothing to see here. They turn sour only after they leave. As a matter of fact we are on our way to make sure you don’t have #HailState written in the end zone right now.

Last edited:

L4MANDW

Feb 21, 2018
I’ll admit that I only skimmed through the article, so maybe this has already been clarified, but the only thing I can guess is that Miles only recently revealed to police where he actually got the gun. Otherwise, how in the world does the head investigator say that they had nothing to charge Miller with?

I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess that the gun Miller provided was unregistered which would already be a felony charge, but if he seriously provided the fire arm that was used to murder someone, he’s in deep, deep **** right now
I was bringing this point up to a friend yesterday as I was texting a response back to him on the story. I raised the point that I bet the firearm wasn’t even registered and I was going to say to him in the text response, it’s illegal to have an unregistered firearm but before I sent the response I took that part out because upon a lil’ deeper reflection, I didn’t think it was illegal to own an unregistered firearm.

I mean, I went to a gun show in Corinth, MS Sunday after worship and there were plenty of guns bought and sold right there between individuals apart from the show that didn’t get registered. I witnessed one transaction out in the parking lot walking in as a gentleman got out of his vehicle with 2 firearms, an individual walked by asked what he had, liked the one rifle & bought it right there at the dudes vehicle before he even entered the crossroads arena.

So I was wondering yesterday, as I’m sure it may be a law in some states, but is it a law and a felony to own an unregistered firearm in AL?

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
just a case of dang bad luck, being in the wrong place at the wrong time dagnabbit, shucks
If I ever get caught in a compromising situation with Kate Upton or Salma Hayek by my wife, I’m gonna give this same line a whirl

• Haha
Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login