Brandon Miller getting looped into the murder in Tuscaloosa

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I was bringing this point up to a friend yesterday as I was texting a response back to him on the story. I raised the point that I bet the firearm wasn’t even registered and I was going to say to him in the text response, it’s illegal to have an unregistered firearm but before I sent the response I took that part out because upon a lil’ deeper reflection, I didn’t think it was illegal to own an unregistered firearm.

I mean, I went to a gun show in Corinth, MS Sunday after worship and there were plenty of guns bought and sold right there between individuals apart from the show that didn’t get registered. I witnessed one transaction out in the parking lot walking in as a gentleman got out of his vehicle with 2 firearms, an individual walked by asked what he had, liked the one rifle & bought it right there at the dudes vehicle before he even entered the crossroads arena.

So I was wondering yesterday, as I’m sure it may be a law in some states, but is it a law and a felony to own an unregistered firearm in AL?
Yeah, I stand corrected. I don’t know if I was getting this confused with the intentional removal of serial numbers or what, but it appears that owning an unregistered weapon is kosher in Alabama

MSUDAWGFAN

Apr 17, 2014
I don't know anything about Alabama basketball, other than they're supposedly a #1 seed and they bounce back and forth between 1 and 2 in the polls.

I assume Miller is one of their top players? If that's the case, of course he's not in trouble.

If I remember correctly there was an incident in Louisiana involving a football player and Saban "somehow" managed to get him out of trouble.

This was about Cam Robinson. Cam had illegal gun possession of what would have been a felony. the DA is Louisiana didn't prosecute because" I'm not going to ruin some young man's future who spent his childhood outside, when others spent theirs indoors in air conditioning."

It doesn't matter that you can say that about almost any gang banger or drug dealer out there. Cam Robinson spent his childhood outside and that's why he got off. Football skills had absolutely nothing to do with it.********

Reactions: patdog

L4MANDW

Feb 21, 2018
Yeah, I stand corrected. I don’t know if I was getting this confused with the intentional removal of serial numbers or what, but it appears that owning an unregistered weapon is kosher in Alabama
I had the same thought when I was texting my friend but after thinking about it, that’s what I thought so I removed that portion of the response.

Most definitely tho, I do believe having in your possession a firearm w/a serial number missing, there’s gonna be a law most likely in every state against that.

Wasn’t trying to correct you, I just didn’t think there was a law against individuals owning or possessing unregistered firearms.

So much to this story tho, no one has said was the firearm used in the shooting registered to him or not.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Was the gun Miller brought to the crime scene registered? Was he allowed to have it on his possession and / or in his car? If the gun's not legal, that's a clear cut weapon violation. Some jobs you can get canned for just saying stupid schit on line. Professional Athletes get kicked out and / or suspended for domestic violence sometimes. Way too early for Bamer coaches to say "no big deal". "Wrong Place / Wrong Time doens't cut it either because actually he WAS at the right place and made a CHOICE to be there and supply the gun.
As far as the 'Sip, there is no such thing as a registered or unregistered firearm. Private ownership is legal for anyone age 18 and up, but you can't buy a handgun from a licensed firearm dealer until at 21 (18 for long rifles and shotguns). I'd bet it's similar in Bama. In MS, there is no background check or paperwork need for private firearm sales.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
How many more times will Nate Oats be surprised by “new facts” that come to light, until he asks his own players what in the hell is going on?

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login