BREAKING: He’s out…..

ColoradoDawg

Sep 3, 2016
Too bad. He would of had a hell of a season at State if had stuck around 1 more year. In the end, I'd rather a coach leave a great team for the next coach then get fired because the team sucked and then have to rebuild. I think we all wonder what 2018 would have been like with Mullen, we legit had a shot at winning the West that year. He will have another job in a hurry, but I think everyone one board knew how this would end. Imagine the fit we would be having if Ole Miss was dominate and we could barely finish .500. UF fans want to be there with UGA competing for natties, not barely holding on against Samford. Having said all that, this is shaping up to be a great week for MSU football and

HAHAHAHAHA 17 you Mullen.

You had it made here and you didn't appreciate it. He left the fattie that cooked him delicious dinners every night and put up with his **** for the younger hot chick that didn't know how to cook and left him for another man and now the fattie has some one who appreciates her and she doesn't want his ungrateful *** back.

Last edited:

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Too bad. He would of had a hell of a season at State if had stuck around 1 more year. In the end, I'd rather a coach leave a great team for the next coach then get fired because the team sucked and then have to rebuild. I think we all wonder what 2019 would have been like with Mullen, we legit had a shot at winning the West that year. He will have another job in a hurry, but I think everyone one board knew how this would end. Imagine the fit we would be having if Ole Miss was dominate and we could barely finish .500. UF fans want to be there with UGA competing for natties, not barely holding on against Samford. Having said all that, this is shaping up to be a great week for MSU football and

HAHAHAHAHA 17 you Mullen.

You had it made here and you didn't appreciate it. He left the fattie that cooked him delicious dinners every night and put up with his **** for the younger hot chick that didn't know how to cook and left him for another man and now the fattie has some one who appreciates her and she doesn't want his ungrateful *** back.
We would have been awful in 2019 under Mullen. His gapped up recruiting caught up to us in 2019 and 2020 as it is, and that's with Sloppy actually trying. Mullen would not have. He would have crashed and burned and probably gotten fired because his attitude had turned to ****. Not to mention Keytaon was not a good QB.

So the question remains, would we trade what we have now for a 10-2 2018 with a crash? I wouldn't.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
This should be an interesting search list. Woodard and Stricklin both going to be paddling up Kiffin Creek.

Seems like UF will kick the tires on Dabo.

Quincy A. Wagstaff

May 28, 2020
I don’t know if Kiffin will ultimately coach at Florida, but hopefully the timing of this at least makes it a distraction for the next 5 days.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
It was less than a year ago Florida was 8-1, ranked number 6 in the country, making serious noise about being in the playoffs, and about to beat LSU to go to 9-1... Then Marco Wilson threw a shoe. Since then Florida is 5-9 and Mullen is shitcanned with his massive ego in shambles.

You hate to see it... And let's send Marco Wilson a nice gift.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Definitely. I wonder if he might be viewed as a bit of a disappointment though. Especially if you start off with names like Kiffin, Riley and Jimbo.

Mike Gundy makes sense.

Last edited:

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I think you might be right about the recruiting because it sure looked like Mullen was disengaged.

I wouldn’t want the crash though.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
If I could get one honst reply out of him my question would be....What if you had it to do all over again ?

The Usual Suspect

Sep 1, 2011
Florida recruiting rankings over last five years per an old CBS article:
2017- 10
2018- 14
2019- 9
2020- 8
2021- 13

How are they not winning?

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
He will either humble himself, learn and grow, or he will gradually disappear into obscurity. He also needs to get the wife to stop kissing all the players on the lips. That’s just plain weird.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I think you might be right about the recruiting because it sure looked like Mullen was disengaged.

I wouldn’t want the crash though.
There's no question to anyone who follows recruiting (I do). He checked out after 2015 and coasted halfway through 2016. He then went out and hired Sexton, and loaded up on JUCOs in the 2017 class. He wanted out.

There's a reason we had a bunch of freshmen starting on the DL in 2019. His OL recruiting was just as bad, half those guys never even showed up.

TheStateUofMS

Dec 26, 2009
I think Kiffin wants Miami. What a cozy job for him. Miami will recruit South Florida itself with some effort and Kiffin loves and has a home in South Florida. Kiffin will hire some decent recruiters I'm sure.

Kiffin isn't a great recruiter himself either. Florida can recruit itself top 15 maybe even top 10 with minimal effort, but to be top 5 or top 3 to be close to UGA, Florida would need to hire a coach who eats up recruiting.

I think Napier is the right fit for UF.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Danny can now focus full time on his marathon running career. I guess Gainesville grass isn't that much greener. 17 him and the cheerleader.

Quincy A. Wagstaff

May 28, 2020
I think Kiffin wants Miami. What a cozy job for him. Miami will recruit South Florida itself with some effort and Kiffin loves and has a home in South Florida. Kiffin will hire some decent recruiters I'm sure.

Kiffin isn't a great recruiter himself either. Florida can recruit itself top 15 maybe even top 10 with minimal effort, but to be top 5 or top 3 to be close to UGA, Florida would need to hire a coach who eats up recruiting.

I don’t understand why Kiffin would want Miami. If the best he can do is Miami, I would just stay in the SEC and hold out for a better job.

I don’t think geography matters much to high level coaches as far as lifestyle outside of the job. During the football season and peak recruiting season you are consumed by the job, and when you aren’t consumed by the job you can afford to live anywhere in the world. I can see where geography matters to spouses but not the coach.

STLDawg

Apr 16, 2017
Why is any else gonna come coach at State if it’s just a stepping stone to getting fired?**

oxfordrebel22

Oct 31, 2013
It would be worth it just to see all the ole miss fans pivot

I wouldn’t and won’t pivot. I love Ole Miss, and it’s way bigger than a coach. But no way in hell I’d support him. And it’s not got a thing to do with MSU. He’s a dick, and doesn’t care about anyone but himself, players included.

The good news, is we for once have an AD that I think actually has a clue and a pulse on Ole Miss, so I’m not worried about that, if Kiffin leaves. There’s not many coaches that I would completely bail on Ole Miss football over, but he’s one of them. I would imagine many of you see Freeze in a similar light.

And I don’t think it’s because of their success at a rival. I think it’s because with them being at an in-state rival we had the opportunity to see them up close, but with the clarity of someone not blinded by fandom and allegiance to a school.

oxfordrebel22

Oct 31, 2013
I don’t know if Kiffin will ultimately coach at Florida, but hopefully the timing of this at least makes it a distraction for the next 5 days.

This is a big concern for me, as well. I mean Kiffin will clearly have intrigue with that Florida opening. It would be asinine to say that he, his coaches or his players can completely block out that noise. The timing is bad for Ole Miss.

oxfordrebel22

Oct 31, 2013

Without some major renewed interest and investment I’m not sure Miami can afford Kiffin and that type of staff. Ole Miss is fixing to overextend the **** out of themselves to ensure money isn’t why he leaves. There’s a big difference between a salary of $7M and $4M. And there’s a big difference in pool of salary money for assistants that’s comparable to those numbers. I’m not saying Miami CANNOT pay that. But they aren’t currently showing anything close to that.

Now Florida on the other hand…

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login