BREAKING: Will Rogers to Washington

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Good luck to him. I don't see time being any where close to pennix but pennix got a lot better going there. He's going to have to improve to keep them in playoff contention next year in big 10

CEO2044

May 11, 2009
From a total MSU perspective, I hope he doesn't do much. We don't need another transfer out doing well.
Comments like these (and they are plentiful on social media) is why I scratch my head whenever fans expect the players to be loyal. Our fan base is really bad about this as a whole and it looks bad, especially to incoming recruits.

I have a hard time blaming players like Will especially that are **** on by our fans all the time.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Comments like these (and they are plentiful on social media) is why I scratch my head whenever fans expect the players to be loyal. Our fan base is really bad about this as a whole and it looks bad, especially to incoming recruits.

I have a hard time blaming players like Will especially that are **** on by our fans all the time.
Well, he left us so I don't think I owe him any loyalty. Had he stayed it would be different. My loyalty is to MSU, not to players who jump ship. We do NOT need a parade of players being successful after leaving here.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Well, he left us so I don't think I owe him any loyalty. Had he stayed it would be different. My loyalty is to MSU, not to players who jump ship. We do NOT need a parade of players being successful after leaving here.
Ra Ra says, how ya doin?

CEO2044

May 11, 2009
He may have been more loyal if people didn’t rail on him for three years. Maybe players leaving and being successful will show us to stop doing that as much as we do— doubtful, but one can hope.

This is a new age. They’re a lot more likely not to stay anymore, but we make it easy for them to make the decision. And it looks bad to recruits.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008

Who besides Will got **** on by fans?

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Who besides Will got **** on by fans?
Will took more criticism from our fans than any other player I can remember. It’s unbelievable that a player of his stature got schitt on by so many people. His national reputation is better than his reputation with State fans. It’s crazy and I don’t understand it.

olblue

Mar 11, 2018

Jrobb

May 26, 2020
But it doesn’t hurt to wish that good people do good things for themselves. I hope does well and we win 10 games without him.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Washington must like noodles.**

I wonder if they are bringing him along to their playoff games.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
ben carson t GIF

• Sad
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Will took more criticism from our fans than any other player I can remember. It’s unbelievable that a player of his stature got schitt on by so many people. His national reputation is better than his reputation with State fans. It’s crazy and I don’t understand it.
He took criticism because he really wasn’t all that great.
He was a system QB in a gimmicky offense, without a strong arm or mobility.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Because we have uneducated fans that repeat what a critical talking head said on ESPN. They love to repeat the buzz words, "dink and dunk", "system QB", "gimmick QB", etc. They think by doing so it makes them look like football gurus when in reality they are just regurgitating what they heard. Will was a great QB and took us to 3 bowl games while a Bulldog. He took what SEC defenses would give us without turning the ball over. We had the biggest come back victory in our history with him at QB. It is sad he had horrendous coaching his final year at State.

Godspeed Will Rogers, make us proud!

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Washington runs the air raid , so they are recruiting players with air raid experience. Makes sense.

Reactions: Dawg84

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I watched a lot of Washington football this year. They threw a ton of intermediate to deep passes outside the numbers. Penix has a good arm and can throw those 35-50 air yard passes on a line. He's also really mobile in the pocket and creates big passing plays with his legs.

Will unfortunately cannot do that. I'm guessing Deboer will play to Will's strengths and tweak the offense to incorporate more short to intermediate stuff that takes advantage of Will's timing, accuracy, and anticipation. If he does it successfully, it will be another needle in the eye of hiring Barbay who was supposed to mold an offense around Will and failed miserably.

ETA. Here's Penix highlights from this year... Much like when @mcdawg22 needs to carry a 230 yard water hazard in the fairway, I don't think Will has a club in his bag to make a lot of these throws and scrambles.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I watched a lot of Washington football this year. They threw a ton of intermediate to deep passes outside the numbers. Penix has a good arm and can throw those 35-50 air yard passes on a line. He's also really mobile in the pocket and creates big passing plays with his legs.

Will unfortunately cannot do that. I'm guessing Deboer will play to Will's strengths and tweak the offense to incorporate more short to intermediate stuff that takes advantage of Will's timing, accuracy, and anticipation. If he does it successfully, it will be another needle in the eye of hiring Barbay who was supposed to mold an offense around Will and failed miserably.

ETA. Here's Penix highlights from this year... Much like when @mcdawg22 needs to carry a 230 yard water hazard in the fairway, I don't think Will has a club in his bag to make a lot of these throws and scrambles.

It will be interesting to see how they adjust for Rogers. You are right....Will can't make a lot of the plays in the video.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login