Brian Hadad - former poster on SixPackSpeak basically confirms it…

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I blame Keenum. He took way too long to loo k for a new AD and got caught with our pants down. If you were going to hire an Assistant AD from another school, why wait so long?

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Nobody cares who Mississippi State Hires beyond State fans. We’re just seen as cannon fodder for the rest of the SEC. There will be one or two sentences in any article about the hire that refer to his time at Baylor. Nobody cares if he wins and that will have absolutely nothing to do with his eventual firing.

Reactions: maroonmadman

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
I blame Keenum. He took way too long to loo k for a new AD and got caught with our pants down. If you were going to hire an Assistant AD from another school, why wait so long?
Why take 2 years to clean up an obvious attendance detriment in the junction?

Planning, decisiveness, and promptness don’t seem to be attributes of our administration.

Why hire Cohen to begin with? We are the school of first chances.

ETA: I’ve been pretty negative lately, but it’s warranted in my mind. I hope this hire is a home run.

Reactions: patdog

Fang1

Oct 1, 2022
Before The Pirate passed, weren’t we worried about Arnett getting a HC offer somewhere?? pay him to keep him, can’t let somebody steal him …..….IF he doesn’t completely nuke everything AR and utilizes the skill he has vs square peg/round hole……

Lebby’s Burner

Nov 13, 2023
The worst part about a potential Lebby hire to me is that we had almost zero options for a replacement in mid-December 2022 after Leach’s tragic death. But, he was someone we could have gotten….even way back then under those trying circumstances.

If we’d hire him now, what the hell even was the point of the past 12 months of the Arnett experiment? Lebby was far more qualified than Arnett, we could already be a year in by now.

I guess maybe that’s water under the bridge now, but I don’t see how all the big boosters and Keenum suddenly are OK with this level of risk now when they weren’t just a year ago. And make no mistake, its all of their final decision on this, not Selmon’s.
I think this decision disproves your point because officials outside of Selmon wouldn’t make this hire.😂 He’s in full control and is raising his own stakes.

60sdog

Oct 9, 2010
Agree. I don't see what all the poo pooing is about? We hired a coordinator from an iconic school with good offenses similar to what we did with Mullen when he was at FL. Wasn't he the most successful coach we ever had? Yeah Moorhead was a dud so they all don't work out but neither does hiring a mediocre sitting HC which is all we would have been able to get. I wanted Chadwell and the Kansas HC's too but they didn't want us.
No, Mullen was nowhere near the most successful coach we have ever had. Check out Allyn McKeen.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I think this decision disproves your point because officials outside of Selmon wouldn’t make this hire.😂 He’s in full control and is raising his own stakes.
So, Keenum, Selmon’s boss, doesn’t have to approve of the hire? The guys paying Arnett’s buyout don’t have to approve the hire? The guys paying the new coach’s salary (and eventual buyout if it doesn’t work out) don’t have to mostly approve of the hire?

Ridiculous. No single individual operates with full autonomy in a big time college football coaching search…..anywhere….ever.

Lebby’s Burner

Nov 13, 2023
So, Keenum, Selmon’s boss, doesn’t have to approve of the hire? The guys paying Arnett’s buyout don’t have to approve the hire? The guys paying the new coach’s salary (and eventual buyout if it doesn’t work out) don’t have to mostly approve of the hire?

Ridiculous. No single individual operates with full autonomy in a big time college football coaching search…..anywhere….ever.
Well obviously that’s the case, but my point was the hiring process, not the overall role of the president himself.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Yep. Be ready for the national condemnation for hiring him, despite the hypocrisy. Only a fool wouldn't see it coming. And we deserve it. Not a thing we can say to OM or anyone anymore, it turns out we are no better.
Good. The holier than thou **** is so embarrassing

BreckyBratt

Nov 5, 2022
Agree. I don't see what all the poo pooing is about? We hired a coordinator from an iconic school with good offenses similar to what we did with Mullen when he was at FL. Wasn't he the most successful coach we ever had? Yeah Moorhead was a dud so they all don't work out but neither does hiring a mediocre sitting HC which is all we would have been able to get. I wanted Chadwell and the Kansas HC's too but they didn't want us.
Like above, OHIO state hired a coordinator for their head coach, Oklahoma hired a coordinator for their head coach. I believe Lebby was headed for a HC job sooner than later. If it works out half as good as the other two were in a better spot than we began this year. If we missed on an actual head coach like Chadwell or similar it sucks but Lebby could be the next truly successful HC at State.

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
When you aim this low, it is.

If the late Lewis Grizzard lived longer, I bet he could’ve written “Mississippi State are the Shetland Ponies of the SEC.” **

Bully ain’t riding the Bonemobile next year. It’ll be the MSU version of the Sooner Schooner… **

Edit to add a Contrarian Thought: Mike Leach’s last assistant coaching position was Oklahoma OC…

Last edited:
Reactions: GomJabbar

BulldawgFan

Oct 7, 2013
Yep. Be ready for the national condemnation for hiring him, despite the hypocrisy. Only a fool wouldn't see it coming. And we deserve it. Not a thing we can say to OM or anyone anymore, it turns out we are no better.
He coached at ole miss dubmass.

Will Rogers.sixpack

Sep 25, 2022
Are you kidding? You think we did a legitimate nationwide search & the best candidate just happened to be a career assistant with no head coaching experience who just happens to coach at the school our do nothing AD came from? Hell of a coincidence.
But he’s in an elite fancy club that got him a billboard in Vegas with his picture on it. I’ve always asked what he has actually done to earn all these accolades? He reminds me of Obama’s resume when he first ran for president. I’m honestly asking anyone if they can tell me what is all the hype about on selmon up to this point? With that said, on paper this seems like the easiest way out and laziest hire ever for him. Nothing special or anything here, and with all his hype brought to the actual table, when the rubber meets the road this is what we get? Someone fill me in please.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2011
Tell me what sitting P5 coach who is worth a damn would be convinced to jump ship and come to Starkville right now…
You haven’t gotten any replies because they can’t. Everyone wants this magical candidate that doesn’t exist. They will throw out names like Liepold, Chadwell, and Lashlee but not understand that they are in a better position by staying put and waiting for a destination job to come calling. We are not a destination job and we will have to take a chance on someone, especially with the collapse and rebuild we now have. The same people probably couldn’t understand why Napier turned us down to stay at Louisiana Lafayette.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Are you kidding? You think we did a legitimate nationwide search & the best candidate just happened to be a career assistant with no head coaching experience who just happens to coach at the school our do nothing AD came from? Hell of a coincidence.
Pat dog sometimes you are an idiot.

he’s 39 years old. Career assistant?

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Who said it was easy?

1) Our coach died.
2) We hired a coordinator to take over, largely because we had zero chance at any sitting HC, because the carousel had already stopped. I get this.
3) There were other, different coordinators with more experience and qualifications that we could have hired. Lebby would have been one of them. But the implication was that we didn’t want a coordinator at all, but had no choice….so we just rolled the dice on Arnett because of keeping some continuity on defense.

Do you really think we couldn’t have hired him last year? You think Bracky / Keenum couldn’t have reached out to him (and maybe a handful of other guys with similar credentials). His resume isn’t really any different now than it was then.

Again, I’m not saying its a bad hire. It just heightens the frustration from last December if we’re just content getting a coordinator even now. In no way is any of that Lebby’s fault.
We didn’t have an AD dumb dumb.

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
Who said it was easy?

1) Our coach died.
2) We hired a coordinator to take over, largely because we had zero chance at any sitting HC, because the carousel had already stopped. I get this.
3) There were other, different coordinators with more experience and qualifications that we could have hired. Lebby would have been one of them. But the implication was that we didn’t want a coordinator at all, but had no choice….so we just rolled the dice on Arnett because of keeping some continuity on defense.

Do you really think we couldn’t have hired him last year? You think Bracky / Keenum couldn’t have reached out to him (and maybe a handful of other guys with similar credentials). His resume isn’t really any different now than it was then.

Again, I’m not saying its a bad hire. It just heightens the frustration from last December if we’re just content getting a coordinator even now. In no way is any of that Lebby’s fault.
Last year Oklahoma was 6-7. Their staff was on the hot seat. If we'd have hired Lebby last year, we'd be freaking out more than we are today.

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
Why isn't Hadad a poster anymore?
Sources say there was a huge Thanksgiving day family brawl at the Hadad/Agostinelli diner after Stephen ate all the sweet potato casserole AND pecan pie😳. Chris got pissed and started throwing green bean bundles at everyone and said I’m going back home and eating boudin and gumbo. Brian was picking up the bacon that fell on the off the green bean bundles Chris threw and mama Agostinelli told him to stop and starting hitting him with an XL wide spatula. After Brian ate the last piece he told his crew let’s roll out of the Burg and go back home “We eating at Restaurant Tyler tonight”. Then he told Stephen from this day forward I’m not giving you any of my bulldog inside scoop for your message board. So fellows what this means the start of the downfall of sixpack speak began with good old southern pecan pie.

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
This is 100% true the athletic department is not a friendly place right now and that is from staff there. He also doesn't get how to connect with people and how important it is. I've experienced this first hand.
Maybe we have a bunch of folks in the AD that have been getting paid well to not do **** for too long. Maybe an outsider came in and is cleaning up some waste. I can see that causing some discomfort for some folks.

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
So is the fan base who wants the big name coaches ready to commit to NIL? Most of what I be done seen in the last year is people saying they don't care to pay extra on top of what game day costs. If we're going to be the program we want to be we have to change with the times.

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
Ummm #2 & #3 we aren't being a sitting head coach or someone with head coaching experience? Also there were other coordinators and names mentioned who had more experience or even head coaching experience? Thank you for reinforcement of my points that he made the lazy hire and just did what he wanted.
You're assuming we didn't interview some sitting HC's and they either passed or Selmon didn't like what was said. Nothing wrong with hiring a coordinator as I assume most HCs didn't pop out of the womb into a HC position. Most schools have recruiting coordinators and guaranteed coordinators have been on the recruiting trail. NIL is somewhat new still so can't use that against hiring a coordinator. I would guess a coordinator is in contact with a HC on a pretty regular basis and has a pretty good idea as to what goes on with being a HC.

I've never seen such a miserable group of "FANS" as what we have at State.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Last year Oklahoma was 6-7. Their staff was on the hot seat. If we'd have hired Lebby last year, we'd be freaking out more than we are today.
They weren’t 6-7 because of the offense…..it was because their D was terrible. 11th in YPG and 27th in yards per play in 2022.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
We didn’t have an AD dumb dumb.
And yet….we still made a coordinator hire. How’d we do that? The process wouldn’t have been any different for hiring another coordinator. Make the call, do the interview, and offer them the job, or not.

Reactions: 85Bears

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Well the only thing this post is missing is some idiot saying " tell me you don't know anything about hiring coaches without telling me you don't know anything about hiring coaches" and a reference to Occams Razor and pearl clutching. So one of you guys step up. Yes we should have hired an offensive minded coach last year obviously. Who cares if the athletic department isn't fun. It's a 17n job. Get behind this guy and let's win some 17n games 63 to 56 ffs

Reactions: paindonthurt
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login