Brown and Wesley dismissed

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
more proof that MSU's players are no better or worse acting than our neighboring schools.

i really wish they would have recognized what a sweet deal they had sitting in front of them. playing in the best conference around, free education...

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
at Left Tackle since he was eligible and is outstanding. He may have been our best NFL prospect this year.

Wesley played a lot at D-line as a RS freshman.

bigkdawg

Feb 23, 2008
I think that Sherrod moves over to LT and maybe Freeman can come in a can compete for the RT job. I'm not all that impressed with Melichar.</p>

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
I personally feel like his joining the playing roster was a big reason we got a lot more competitive the 2nd half of the 2006 season.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Brown "HAD" a future on Sundays. Wesley would've been a key piece to the d-line next season.

GOPdog

Jun 24, 2007
Losing Brown hurts alot. He was an anchor on the line at LT. Hope we have someone who steps up...

Wesley hurts depth issues, but nothing serious.

DaRealistDawg

Mar 3, 2008
He had NFl talent, maybe not as a tackle, but at least a guard. God they are 17in stupid! Just for curiousity, I wonder if they were arguing with each other or had an incident with another person/group. MSU has to be the highest ranked university in terms of all 3 sports attrition, dismissal, or whatever the hell you want to call it.</p>

AzzurriDawg4

Nov 11, 2007
That is the nuts and bolts of it. Wesley - could have made an impact this year.

Brown - seriously imacts this team. This is a huge, huge loss. Outside of Anthony Johnson, who is already injured, probably the single most devastating loss we could have experienced from a player standpoint. Our other standout players are all at least backed up by some proven, battle-tested backups.

Pegues - you got Z.Smith, etc.
Cheney - J. Hughes
Carroll - Riddell
Dixon - Ducre/Elliot

Thanks.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
Brown was a crucial part of this OL. You have to wonder about this group after losing both Brown and Blackledge.

olemissbydamn

May 24, 2006
Based on the little bit of time I spent around them, both of them appeared to be very good young men. We do not know the details. Were they fired on first? Were they set up? Did someone attack a teammate and they came to rescue? All we know is they are out of school and off the team. They are being attacked and going to be attacked even further now. They do not need the MSU fanbase to pile on.</p>

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
Were they set up? It's a Rebel conspiracy, I can see it all now. Bob set this whole thing up. I didn't realize how powerful he really was. He got Foglesong hired as our President, and then later on he got him fired. He got the NCAA to set up shot in Vegas and hammer away at Jackie. Now he has cost us our best lineman and a solid DL. Bob = pupper master.

Being serious for a moment, if a teammate was under attack and they came to rescue I'm sure they wouldn't have been immediately kicked out of school and off the team. I don't know the facts here, but this appears to be a case where Wesley and Brown were doing all the shooting.

JohnDawg

Sep 1, 2006
screw those stupid *** thugs. I really hope Croom never opens his mouth about character ever again.</p>

futaba.79

Jun 4, 2007
Wesley took a shot in the direction of the Budweiser car. Brown had a pistol. This happened on campus.

Bud car may have fired first, which is what I've heard. Won't matter though.

edited to add: on campus

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
Question: Why do you need a gun if you live in Starkville? I understand needing a shotgun if you like to hunt, but it's not exactly like Starkville is comparable to Compton. I can't see a situation where I would feel like I needed to carry a gun for protection, especially on campus.

Edited to add: mrob's comment is high quality. It's almost as good as Backer's comment about the spiked punch bowl.

awalkerdog

Feb 18, 2007
I saw it driving around at every football game this year. It stands out like a sore thumb. Gold rims, gold Budwieser down the side of the car, and of coarse gold teeth.

OMlawdog

Feb 27, 2008
If not better, just didn't get the pub.

Im not sure on Wesley, but I thought he played a lot on the D-line.

Losing Brown could really hurt MSU, I thought Sherrod would slide over to that spot, but I forgot that Hamilton graduated.

That is 3 starters off the O-line now gone, though I don't think you lose much with Sherrod for Hamilton, you do lose a lot going from Brown to Melichair.

Brown just cost himself about 3 million dollars.

gtowndawg

Jan 23, 2007
to someone at work. I carry a gun, but I live in freakin Memphis. Why or earth do you have a handgun in Starkville, MS while in college? Rifle and shotguns are one thing....

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
I can understand wanting and needing to carry a gun in certain parts of Memphis, or anywhere that's a bad part of town, but Starkville? I don't think there is a whole lot of violent crime in Starkville.

Eureka Dog

Feb 25, 2008
And I won't be surprised to see Brown in the NFL in the next couple of years.

Can he immediately play D1AA, or does he have to sit out a year ?

Since he's dismissed from the university, would he be considered a transfer if he enrolled at another D1 school ?

I figure he'll go play D2 FB this fall and declare for the draft next spring.

patdog

May 28, 2007
RebelBruiser said:
I don't think there is a whole lot of violent crime in Starkville.

I'm sure you meant to add, "other than the football team." I guess just beating people up wasn't enough, so now they've decided to start shooting at them.</p>

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
I believe they've been expelled by the school. I don't think he has an option in whether to keep them on the team or not.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login