Brown and Wesley dismissed

MSUArrowCS

Dec 19, 2006
and we're talking felonies here. These guys have sufficiently screwed up their own lives, much less M-State football ... what a dumb series of decisions.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Croom couldn't let them back on the team if he wanted to. They're going to be in the same cell block as Dontae Walker, Pig Prather and Richard Burch. Maybe one of them can get Marcus Bullard's old cell.</p>

T

TroyMcClure

there have been at least two murders in Starkville within the past month. And one of those involved college students. It ain't Mayberry.

Big Sheep81

Feb 24, 2008
This would be a good time for Super Peaches to intervene and rescue these young men and restore them to the ranks of the righteous.......that is his specialty..........</p>

boomboommsu

Mar 14, 2008
....hopefully he just went and got his gun after everything went down, and was too stupid to put it away when the cops showed up. that would result in suspension from the university, not an expulsion. Wesley's gone though for sure.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
yes, let's just hope Brown accidentally made a move for his gat without thinking. No harm there. We just need to remind him to be sure a situation merits going to get his gun.

JohnDawg

Sep 1, 2006
Your and idiot. Even if Brown is let back into school, I'm 100% sure that Croom wouldn't let him back on the team.</p>

MSUCE99

Nov 15, 2005
Something I read today led me to believe they were suspended from school (pending the hearing, probably), but permenently off the football team. Whatever it was I read left me thinking that Croom didn't wait around for a final decision from the school.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Off the top of my head I can't think of a time a player has been suspended or kicked off the team for being arrested. I don't count Burch, Brown and Wesley because they were kicked out of school. The only one close would be Darren Williams, but he wasn't arrested (that I remember) and was supposedly going to be suspended, but quit instead.</p>

studentdawg87

Feb 24, 2008
haven't seen that one but there are several cars like the budweiser car around town and most of them have websites on the side......there is always ads in the reflector offering pay to drive a car like this

boomboommsu

Mar 14, 2008
Look, I'm not holding my breath on that happening. Just hoping. the initial charge on Brown, assuming media reports are true, is encouraging. IMO, if he'd ever even pulled out the gun during whatever happened, he'd have been charged with more than just possession. just hoping he was a late-comer to whatever happened, and like i said was too stupid to not know better than to put his gun away when the po-po showed.</p>

Also thinking that Croom kicked them off, but it's not necessarily permanent. </p>

but agree that it's more likely that Croom knows something we don't, and Brown's done.</p>

rugbdawg

Oct 10, 2006
can pull some strings. Other schools allow their players to play when they have raped a girl on campus. Hopefully, someone can get them back on the team. Also, I think many are underestimating Wesley's loss. He wasn't dominant but he certainly didn't suck. He provided good depth. Considering how much our defense has to play, he could be the difference in a late game, short yardage situation.

imminteract007

Mar 3, 2008
patdog said:
Off the top of my head I can't think of a time a player has been suspended or kicked off the team for being arrested. I don't count Burch, Brown and Wesley because they were kicked out of school. The only one close would be Darren Williams, but he wasn't arrested (that I remember) and was supposedly going to be suspended, but quit instead.</p>

Josh Riddell was suspended from the team for a DUI arrest in August 2007.</p>

TurfDog82

Mar 3, 2008
"Junior Michael Brown and sophomore Quinton Wesley have been tentatively dismissed from the university and permanently from the MSU football squad. A campus judicial hearing will be held at a later time."
<a href="http://media.www.reflector-online.com/media/storage/paper938/news/2008/03/28/News/Breaking.2.Arrested.In.Thursday.Night.Ruby.Hall.Incident-3289535.shtml">

http://media.www.reflector-online.com/media/storage/paper938/news/2008/03/28/News/Breaking.2.Arrested.In.Thursday.Night.Ruby.Hall.Incident-3289535.shtml</a>

TurfDog82

Mar 3, 2008
Anything I can do to help. Seems that there wan argument with-in the thread I was reading to whether or not they were off the team. Just clearing it up for anyone with any doubt you asshat.

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
rugbdawg said:
can pull some strings. Other schools allow their players to play when they have raped a girl on campus. Hopefully, someone can get them back on the team.
Also, I think many are underestimating Wesley's loss. He wasn't dominant but he certainly didn't suck. He provided good depth. Considering how
much our defense has to play, he could be the difference in a late game, short yardage situation.

</p>

That's the type of honesty I like. The only reason opposing fans care when your players get arrested is because they want you to have to lose players, making it easier to beat you. And the only reason you care about your own players getting arrested is because you're concerned about them helping your team win. I'm the same way. I posted my theory on Nafoom, but essentially I think as a coach you have to determine when a player's off the field issues begin to negatively effect the team more than his abilities help the team. Once that happens, kick him off the team. If the player being on the team still gives you a better chance of winning, you keep him if possible. The original discussion on Nafoom was about Perilloux, and I don't blame Miles at all for keeping him. He realizes he doesn't have a QB that can get him wins except for Perilloux, so he has to do everything he can to keep him on the team.

Make him run sprints if necessary, but keep him on the team, because your job is to win, not to turn boys into men like many on Gene's Page think.

SwampDawg

Feb 24, 2008
to protect themselves from other people like themselves <slight sarcasm here.> But seriously folks, anybody that thinks they are safe because the live in a certain place or not in a certain place is fooling themselves.

patdog

May 28, 2007
He fired a gun at an occupied car. He's in some seriously deep ****. He'll do time. Brown will probably skate since all he's charged with is possession of a weapon. But I doubt he can get back in school at MSU. He'll finish his college football career at a I-AA school.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login