Bruce Feldman says changes are coming

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Germany Football GIF by Manne Nilsson

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
Let’s see, we beat a aTm team in total disarray, we beat an Arkansas team without their hoss of a QB, we barely beat the worst Auburn team I have ever seen with an interim coach in way over his head, and we needed last second defensive heroics to beat an overrated Ole Miss team we should have beaten by 3 scores due to the way that Defense played the whole game.

9 wins is great but let’s not pretend the Miss State version of the air raid has been anywhere near the world beater some of y’all are portraying it to be.

Chucksizzle

Dec 17, 2022
Let’s see, we beat a aTm team in total disarray, we beat an Arkansas team without their hoss of a QB, we barely beat the worst Auburn team I have ever seen with an interim coach in way over his head, and we needed last second defensive heroics to beat an overrated Ole Miss team we should have beaten by 3 scores due to the way that Defense played the whole game.

9 wins is great but let’s not pretend the Miss State version of the air raid has been anywhere near the world beater some of y’all are portraying it to be.
Oh come on. We win nine this year and 10+ next year with this program and Leach. Don’t try to rewrite history or change reality.

the point is we have success so why go in a different direction when all the pieces are in place ?

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Yep don't love the idea of a first time head coach at any level overhauling the entire offense after we just won 9 games for the 9th time in 128 seasons.
Well the guy that orchestrated, called, and knew the offense better than anyone else on this earth is no longer with us. What would be your solution keep everyone, and tell an incoming offensive coordinator, here are your people you have to keep them.

1msucub

Oct 3, 2004

Maybe so…but I’ve watched 40+ seasons of State football where just as many teams were down or missing players or on probation or hit with the flu or had a million other reasons that we should’ve beaten them and didn’t.

9 wins is 9 freakin wins. I don’t give a crap HOW we got them.

Aug 22, 2012
Well the guy that orchestrated, called, and knew the offense better than anyone else on this earth is no longer with us. What would be your solution keep everyone, and tell an incoming offensive coordinator, here are your people you have to keep them.
I would liked to have retained most if we could. Instead we have a first time head coach with zero ties to the school doing a complete revamp of an offense that our current players were recruited for. But as some others have said, if this doesn't work out Arnett will be out, and we will be in a world of hurt in 3 years.

Aug 22, 2012

We couldn't seem to hit that 9 win mark in 1998 with the KANG and losses to a 3 win LSU team and a 5-6 Oklahoma State team.

Chucksizzle

Dec 17, 2022
I would liked to have retained most if we could. Instead we have a first time head coach with zero ties to the school doing a complete revamp of an offense that our current players were recruited for. But as some others have said, if this doesn't work out Arnett will be out, and we will be in a world of hurt in 3 years.
Yes, continuity in this situation is the most logical thing to do. I don’t see the Reasoning here.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
High ? We won nine this year. The schedule is easier next year with a veteran team returning. Maybe you arent thinking clearly.

I did think it was easier at first, but that USC game on the road is no longer looking like anything close to a sure thing, and we burn 2 home games against Bama / LSU who we are a combined 3-27 against over the past 15 years. I feel pretty good about the 4 nonconference games, UK, and A&M. Bama / LSU are likely L’s, the other 4 are toss ups.

If we’re setting the line at 9.5 regular season wins, mark me down for the under.

Chucksizzle

Dec 17, 2022
We have 8 home games, with the old staff and system I’d have bet on ten+ counting the bowl game.

but my predictions were based on this team, this program we saw this year. If it’s a total rebuild and an entirely new coaching staff I’ll, take the under.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Oh come on. We win nine this year and 10+ next year with this program and Leach. Don’t try to rewrite history or change reality.

the point is we have success so why go in a different direction when all the pieces are in place ?
All the pieces aren't in place though. Arnett and spurrier aren't leach.
Some of y'all are acting like he is still here but he's not.
Expecting same results would be unfair to Arnett.
If you make spurrier permanent OC.
What is is garuntee that things would stay the same level of building because leach isn't here doing things like he would have. Expecting things to just stay exactly the same is naive and emotional.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

How exactly does the guy who has been our DC for the past 3 years have “zero ties to the school”?

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
High ? We won nine this year. The schedule is easier next year with a veteran team returning. Maybe you arent thinking clearly.
Yes, and unexpected, bad things never happen to State. Three months ago a lot of people weren't sure we could win 6 games this year. We played some decent games and got some good breaks, and all of a sudden we're poised to win 10 next year?

It could happen, but its unreasonable expectations like this that have fans dissatisfied with an 8 win season under a first year HC.

Reactions: drumrcraig

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
We have 8 home games, with the old staff and system I’d have bet on ten+ counting the bowl game.

but my predictions were based on this team, this program we saw this year. If it’s a total rebuild and an entirely new coaching staff I’ll, take the under.
Can we not consider the circumstances of the past month and expect a slight hiccup? I hope we win them all but we’ve got quite a lot to overcome in a short period of time no matter who the coaches were or whom they might eventually be.

Son_of_34

Sep 30, 2012
Can someone name something Thackery did except collect a damn paycheck? Good riddance to her and I’m glad we brought Brad back

Reactions: Old Dawg

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
We could have kept all of these guys and still had a major change because we lost Leach. He was our OC, and we were always going to have a new one, so things were going to be different regardless.

It’s Arnett’s team now. You can’t force the guy to be a carbon copy of Leach.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Can someone name something Thackery did except collect a damn paycheck? Good riddance to her and I’m glad we brought Brad back

She was Leach’s handpicked recruiting admin person who he worked with for 4 years at WSU before coming to MSU. I’d say you don’t know a damn thing about whether she was any good or not. I don’t know any specific details myself, but considering she allegedly secured a similar position at USCw, that’s a hell of a promotion which would suggest she knew at least a little bit about what she was doing. I’d also say her job title is such that there’s no reason to melt or rejoice in her leaving. Her job success largely depended on having history and a good rapport with Leach, he’s no longer with us, and now neither is she. It happens.

As luck would have it, it also appears that she never 17ed our baseball coach, so that’s a good thing as well.

Son_of_34

Sep 30, 2012
She was Leach’s handpicked recruiting admin person who he worked with for 4 years at WSU before coming to MSU. I’d say you don’t know a damn thing about whether she was any good or not. I don’t know any specific details myself, but considering she allegedly secured a similar position at USCw, that’s a hell of a promotion which would suggest she knew at least a little bit about what she was doing. I’d also say her job title is such that there’s no reason to melt or rejoice in her leaving. Her job success largely depended on having history and a good rapport with Leach, he’s no longer with us, and now neither is she. It happens.

As luck would have it, it also appears that she never 17ed our baseball coach, so that’s a good thing as well.
A lot of words just to say nothing

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Well Leach and his staff recruited fairly decent and were ranked every year about on average for where State usually falls to in the recruiting rankings so I guess she did about as good as Brad had done in the past.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I have no Ill words for her. I think she did a good job and didn't embarrass the university in anything. Seemed like a likable persons Emerick wanted her at USC. Pays to have connections. The air raid tree takes care of their own and they hire their own a lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: mo7888

Old Dawg

Jan 7, 2020
Guys calm down. I'd be willing to bet a months pay Arnett isn't checking our message boards for advice on coaching hires. If he is who everyone says he is, he'll make a well thought out hire for every position need. I'd also think he knows who his OC is going to be.
Get another cup of coffee and enjoy.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
A lot of words just to say nothing

Said a lot more than you did, my dude. Why don’t you state what your beef is with someone who was a glorified secretary / personal assistant for the head coach for recruiting? Because with all the upheaval in our program over the past month, that’s a really strange hill you’ve decided to die on.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Some of y'all have forgotten what a coaching change entails. There would have probably been some turnover even if Leach was still with us, and he had less than most head coaches did. There will ALWAYS be turnover with a new head man, even if it is a promotion from within. This is to be expected and dealt with. As you all know, I wasn't a fan of the pure air raid even with the master running it. I certainly don't want us to run it without Leach. I think yesterday's offensive output kind is backs me up on that. Football has moved on. We have to too. Also, jeez, some of y'all can't even enjoy a nine win season for 24 hours.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login