Bruce Pearl for 6th man of the year game thread

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Well, it came down to a few possessions underneath that they would not call a foul on Auburn, which they were calling earlier, and just hanging all over Hubbard and getting away with that, too. They won the game by being able to blanket us. I'm really proud of the effort the boys put out, though.

Reactions: jlove20

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
They shut down Hubbard for most of the game, we missed FT's but had the right game plan to win.

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
Auburn will win this tournament and I can hardly wait to see Cohen join him with the confetti pouring down.***

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Auburn is good. They are one of the few teams that can win it all. They beat South Carolina (projected 5-seed) by 31 on the same floor yesterday.

17-point win vs. projected 2-seed
7-point loss vs. projected 4-seed (one possession game with 2:30 left)

We showed we can play with anybody. Looking forward to stress-free Selection Sunday.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
7 minutes to the next game, scarce fans in the stands. Yes, they clear the arena, but the dudes sitting in there now got that "I ain't gotta move".

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Auburn is good. They are one of the few teams that can win it all. They beat South Carolina (projected 5-seed) by 31 on the same floor yesterday.

17-point win vs. projected 2-seed
7-point loss vs. projected 4-seed (one possession game with 2:30 left)

We showed we can play with anybody. Looking forward to stress-free Selection Sunday.
I don’t think so, not a great outside shooting team and they like to scrum if falling behind won’t work outside the sec. they also aren’t great on the boards. They are a good team but I don’t see them getting past sweet 16

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
Couldn’t watch cause I’m driving down 75, but listening to the broadcast, when we put Cam back in and they immediately called a charge on him going to the basket, while the announcers commented that “usually that’s a foul” I kinda knew the fix was in. Don’t remember hearing another foul called on their bigs in the second half. And this “let them play” is code for hack away at Tolu - we live in the paint, that crap does us no favors. And I hate auburn and their ******* coach more than Kentucky

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Couldn’t watch cause I’m driving down 75, but listening to the broadcast, when we put Cam back in and they immediately called a charge on him going to the basket, while the announcers commented that “usually that’s a foul” I kinda knew the fix was in. Don’t remember hearing another foul called on their bigs in the second half. And this “let them play” is code for hack away at Tolu - we live in the paint, that crap does us no favors. And I hate auburn and their ******* coach more than Kentucky
Yep that was not a charge, especially with the new rules

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
I don’t think so, not a great outside shooting team and they like to scrum if falling behind won’t work outside the sec. they also aren’t great on the boards. They are a good team but I don’t see them getting past sweet 16
“we can play with anybody” isn’t a prediction of how far we will go. I also think with our flaws we can lose to a lot of teams.

But if you look at our record, we did in fact play with everyone on our schedule. And the SEC is the second best league behind the Big XII. I don’t think our guys are intimidated by anybody.

Reactions: Seinfeld

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
“we can play with anybody” isn’t a prediction of how far we will go. I also think with our flaws we can lose to a lot of teams.

But if you look at our record, we did in fact play with everyone on our schedule. And the SEC is the second best league behind the Big XII. I don’t think our guys are intimidated by anybody.
My biggest concern with this team isn’t going to get fixed, and that’s FTs. You’re just not going to beat many tournament teams shooting 60% from the line

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020

Matchups are really important. I think teams in the tourney with really strong guard play/3 guard offense that can shoot the three will be trouble. Teams should zone us and pack the middle.

We matched up pretty well with Auburn. With a good draw this team can win some games in the tourney. I wouldn’t want to draw State in an opening round game 10/7.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
They may not get past the sweet 16, but your analysis of basketball continues to be less than impressive.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Just know that Auburn had to resort to faking fouls to beat us. If you've played the game before, you know what that means.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
My biggest concern with this team isn’t going to get fixed, and that’s FTs. You’re just not going to beat many tournament teams shooting 60% from the line
It’s hard to predict a deep run from a team that doesn’t shoot free throws well.

Example: Our 1996 Final Four team was perfect from the line in our loss to Syracuse. I don’t remember D Wilson EVER missing a free throw late in a game when it mattered.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
I’d hate to know how many 2 point baskets right at the rim that we’ve missed this year and especially today.
I’d be safe saying at least 3-4 per game.
That was just one reason we lost today.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
It’s hard to predict a deep run from a team that doesn’t shoot free throws well.

Example: Our 1996 Final Four team was perfect from the line in our loss to Syracuse. I don’t remember D Wilson EVER missing a free throw late in a game when it mattered.
Right, and don't get me wrong. There are a lot of teams out there that don't shoot great from the stripe, but most of those find a way to dig deep late when they matter the most. We seem to get even worse when the game is on the line more times than not

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login