Bumphis

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I still don't get the infatuation with Bumphis as a coach. He's coached at 5 schools in the last 6 years, 2 of those seasons as a grad assistant. He spent 17 months spread between 3 NFL practice teams in the offseasons and less than a year w/ Edmonton. What qualifies him to be an SEC coach in a pass heavy offense?
Sometimes you just need a dawg

CoachT1991

Jan 3, 2020
How would you evaluate our current WR room, coaching, etc.? I don’t see how Bumphis will have a negative impact on anything we have currently. We haven’t had a WR drafted in decades, and it’s 100% a fact that hurts our WR recruiting.

I don’t think anyone in their right mind is expecting Bumphis to completely transform WR’s at MSU, but let’s not act like our current situation is something to be proud of.
And unlike our current WR’s coaches, Bumphis has a former WR playing in the NFL

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008
Legit rumors being floated around that we won’t be calling him Chad Bumphis anymore, but Coach Bumphis. Now, if we can get a Coach Chaney as well…
You could sell me on Bumphis, but Chaney, come on now.

He’s never coached at the D-1 level. The only reason our fans bring up his name is because he played at State. We can get a lot better than Chaney. You don’t target a guy who has only been an analyst.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
You could sell me on Bumphis, but Chaney, come on now.

He’s never coached at the D-1 level. The only reason our fans bring up his name is because he played at State. We can get a lot better than Chaney. You don’t target a guy who has only been an analyst.
Winning football is all about recruiting, and he can do it at a high level.

Sep 15, 2009
So if we hired Utah’s WR coach tomorrow you would be concerned? Let’s assume he’s completely unaffiliated with MSU

This just seems like an unusual hill to die on. It’s like you don’t approve hiring an up-and
-coming WR coach who has power 5 coaching experience at a successful program simply because he played at MSU.
All this is pointless because we are hiring him. Be announced after bowl game. Maybe he'll do good

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login