Butch Thompson our next coach

StateJCP

Jul 7, 2021
If and when Lemonis fails at MSU look for Butch Thompson to come back and take over. I would be 100% behind that hire. Look at what he’s doing at Auburn. Why would he not want to come back to God’s Country!

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
No matter what happens with Lemonis from this point, his tenure definitely won’t be seen as a failure.

MarkDallas

Aug 27, 2014
If and when Lemonis fails at MSU look for Butch Thompson to come back and take over. I would be 100% behind that hire. Look at what he’s doing at Auburn. Why would he not want to come back to God’s Country!

What is wrong with you people?

StateJCP

Jul 7, 2021
What is wrong with you people?

You people??? Yes we won the Natty but if Lem has a season next year like he did this year then he is toast and we are looking for a new coach. Why not Butch? He had Auburn in CWS in 19 and 22 and has turned their program around. Just thinking ahead.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
JCP why are you rooting against Lemonis?

If Butch comes and has 2 bad seasons, are you gonna want to fire him?

You of all people should have more patience than this.

Were you ready to fire Jackie in the mid 90s during his bad seasons? What about in 2001, 2002, 2003?

engie

May 29, 2011
Pining for the guy on pace to match the Omaha win totals of your current guy’s first two seasons in about 70 years…

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
You people??? Yes we won the Natty but if Lem has a season next year like he did this year then he is toast and we are looking for a new coach. Why not Butch? He had Auburn in CWS in 19 and 22 and has turned their program around. Just thinking ahead.

He's not getting fired next year. They'd make staff changes before he's fired. Have some damn common sense and stop with the BS.

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
That 11-1 loss to Arkansas was so exciting. Just an excellent coaching job.*** if needed.

I'll never understand why our fans want to get rid of a coach as soon as they have their first bad season.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Had OSU just walked Sonny D, the barn would not have made the CWS this year. They won that game on 3 hits.

StateJCP

Jul 7, 2021
First off I’m all in on Lemonis. Go back and read my post I never once said I wasn’t for him. I simply said “IF” and “WHEN” it got to the point we needed a new baseball coach why not look at hiring Butch Thompson. Hopefully Lemonis gets it turned around next season and I am confident that he will. It’s just a hypothetical question I was asking. Calm down people! Lol

60sdog

Oct 9, 2010
No. Butch is a real nice guy, but he has shown that he can’t quite get over the hump and win one. He is good enough to get us to a certain point, but not all the way.

Maroonbulldog

Mar 3, 2008
Butch had done an absolutely amazing job rebuilding that Auburn program.

In a situation like the one he inherited- it’s not about history- but rather what he has built and is building. He started with a solid foundation and is building it right.

If he had gotten the Auburn job just a LITTLE earlier- Rowdy would probably have been there vs here- but State had already sold him and wrapped up his recruiting. (Butch and his connections was a big reason he came here).

Would Butch be a good choice in the future? Absolutely. But we currently have the coach who brought us our first Natty. And Lemonis isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
Lemonis deserves two years to turn it around. If he can't I'll be surprised. Not sure if we can out-pay auburn although Butch is a good coach would be a good hire.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login