Buy or Sell - A new coach is announced by Saturday after Thanksgiving **

Captain Ron

Aug 22, 2012
With where the enthusiasm level is, I don’t see how they could keep him without winning 2 of the next 3. I would give some sort of a scenario where he stays by just beating OM, but that would mean he also lost to Mississippi Southern.

If coach A was a proven program builder and maybe this was a rebuilding year, I would be cutting him and the staff some slack, but I’ll go ahead use the phrase… it is a Hot Mess and still looks like we are regressing.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I am actually going to buy. I am hoping this is Selmon’s coming out party. If he cans Arnett after this weekend I will buy in bulk.

ETA: The lack of denial from Stoops camp remains encouraging

Last edited:

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
If they have made their minds up about Arnett, we will have a new coach sooner than later if not then it will be after the Egg Bowl.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
Sell. Arnett will be let go Saturday (tweeted out by Brett McMichael), and it will be at least three or four days after that before a new coach is announced. So, less than a week after the Egg Bowl we will have a new coach.

BTW, when was Mullen announced? I would be surprised if it happens quicker than his official announcement.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Sell just because whoever our new coach is will likely be playing that Saturday. Heck they might be playing in a conference title game the next week too.

I think we announce we’re hiring Arnett on Friday or Saturday post Egg Bowl and the new hire is announced within about 10 days.

GoDawgz52

Aug 21, 2023
Sell.... in typical State fashion, they will drag their feet......or either come back and give Zac another year.
No matter what happens, its going to be a long 1-2 years in football.
Get your end of the world prep in order! ")

patdog

May 28, 2007
Sell. Arnett will be let go Saturday (tweeted out by Brett McMichael), and it will be at least three or four days after that before a new coach is announced. So, less than a week after the Egg Bowl we will have a new coach.

BTW, when was Mullen announced? I would be surprised if it happens quicker than his official announcement.
What if we win Saturday? Still fired? I'm betting whoever Brett McMichael is doesn't know much more than we do.

Mullen was announced Dec. 11, 2008.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
HARD SELL.

We will strike out 3-4 times on legit coaches and then settle on some AAC coach. Then we will try to convince ourselves this guy is the future. If we aren't willing to pay $7M/year for a coach, expect it. We simply don't have the alumni base to put their money where their mouth is.

Reactions: patdog

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
HARD SELL.

We will strike out 3-4 times on legit coaches and then settle on some AAC coach. Then we will try to convince ourselves this guy is the future. If we aren't willing to pay $7M/year for a coach, expect it. We simply don't have the alumni base to put their money where their mouth is.
I honestly think we are going to step up to the plate and pay someone. Obviously years of being a state fan has not taught me anything

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Prepare for the wettest of farts.
I know. I’m the battered wife who keeps saying that he didn’t mean it and things are going to be different now.

what if we got nuts and did offer someone like stoops ridiculous money? Like Saban level? This is all fantasy I know. I’m just curious what the fan base response would be if we did something insane like that.

Reactions: aTotal360

StumpNewGround

Dec 9, 2022
I know. I’m the battered wife who keeps saying that he didn’t mean it and things are going to be different now.

what if we got nuts and did offer someone like stoops ridiculous money? Like Saban level? This is all fantasy I know. I’m just curious what the fan base response would be if we did something insane like that.
They would come out of the woodwork to buy tickets and donate money.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login