Buy/Sell - Arnett took a heavier hand in the Defense

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
Buy, I’m not sure that coaching is Matt Brock’s calling.

Last edited:

coach66

Mar 5, 2009
Well our tackling was much improved and good things happen when you tackle. Pig offensive line was pretty bad.

Reactions: Dawgg

JDawg13

Dec 10, 2018
Buy. The only way Arnett survives until next year is if he stays heavily involved in the defense. Brock has proven to be Sirmon 2.0

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I’m going with a Buy. Arkansas may be the worst team in the West, but they’ve scored north of 20 on everybody this season (including LSU and Bama) until today.
I’m buying that whatever amount of “hand” Arnett had in the defense, it was the complete opposite today.

I’m not sure if that means he was hands off today but was over Brock’s shoulder before, or vice versa. But, it’s no small task what happened with our defense today, and whatever it is needs to continue. We were probably the worst unit in the entire Power 5 for the first half of the season, and yet today we pull out our best defensive effort in an SEC game since the 2013 Egg Bowl. Did exactly what we needed to do, too, with the 2-high / shell coverage most of the game to make them march down the field, and very few blitzes. We broke a lot of tendencies today.

If you could guarantee that Arnett could keep the D at / near that level over the long haul, and eliminate the horrendous in game decision making he’s had, many people would get back on board with him. The effort and discipline still seem to be there at least.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Huge gigantic buy. Without a doubt. You saw him lit up with the defense yesterday. No doubt

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login