Buy / Sell: Leach should have let Robertson play more in the 2nd half

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Isn't time to start letting the future get some PT when we have games in hand?

bddawg

Feb 21, 2018
Isn't time to start letting the future get some PT when we have games in hand?

Barring an injury he's never going to be the starting qb here. 23,24 is Rogers. Sawyer isn't going to sit here to play his sr year. And for that matter, who knows if he's better than Locke or parsons by then.

RiceDawg

Aug 13, 2017
Sell, saw him too indecisive when he was in. When will we listen to the people that actually watch practice and admit he’s not ready

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Barring an injury he's never going to be the starting qb here. 23,24 is Rogers. Sawyer isn't going to sit here to play his sr year. And for that matter, who knows if he's better than Locke or parsons by then.

Rogers has already said he's only back one more year max.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013

Rogers will be a 5 year starter. He will finish as the NCAA’ s all time passing leader in all the major categories, while still only finishing with an overall .500 record. Not to mention he’s already 0-2 vs Ole Miss.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Good lord, can we let this die? What other coach in the country worries about reps for the backup QB unless the starter sucks? Why should we be any different?

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
What I saw was not that impressive. One could argue he needs more reps but let him get more during practice.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Sell. Sawyer will not start for two more years if ever. I don’t care if he plays a single snap the rest of the year. A handful of garbage possessions have no bearing on preparation for SEC road games in the future.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Come on man. Don’t you know that if we’d got him a half against Bowling Green, he’d be ready to beat Georgia?

Dawgzilla

Mar 3, 2008
I'm a little surprised he didn't play the entire second half. I still believe there is a lot to gain just from taking live snaps in front of a crowd and on TV. Just get some of the little things figured out before he is really needed.

That said, I'm pretty sure Leach knows what he's doing. I'm not one of those "trust the coaches" kind of guys, but in this case Leach knows his QBs way better than any of us. He has never been shy about switching QBs, so zi kinda believes he has a reason for leaving Rogers in. Wish I knew what it was.

patdog

May 28, 2007
From what I saw, a full half of Robertson would have been ugly. And likely would have hurt his confidence & development more than helped it. I question Leach all the time. But he’s handling this right.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I'm a little surprised he didn't play the entire second half. I still believe there is a lot to gain just from taking live snaps in front of a crowd and on TV. Just get some of the little things figured out before he is really needed.

That said, I'm pretty sure Leach knows what he's doing. I'm not one of those "trust the coaches" kind of guys, but in this case Leach knows his QBs way better than any of us. He has never been shy about switching QBs, so zi kinda believes he has a reason for leaving Rogers in. Wish I knew what it was.

Honest. I thought he was coming in after the first score of the second half. The fact he didn't leads me to believe he is not ready or else I think he would have played if for no other reason than to just give a future opponents something else to think about. It's no skin off my nose but I don't think it is nefarious on Leech's part, more likely the kid needs some more preparation before he is ready to be the guy stepping into that spot to run CML's offense. I sort of doubt it's as easy as you might think.

bruiser.sixpack

Aug 13, 2009
I feel confident when Leach told sideline reporter after game that if the 2nd group doesn’t play any better than that we need to find a new 2nd group, he wasn’t JUST talking about defense. That sounds to me like he is concerned about both sides of the ball which might also include the 2nd group QB. You have to know Leach didn’t like what he saw when Sawyer was in.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
He should have started. All he does is throw 30 yard touchdown passes. Oh....and rip off 20 yard scrambles. Best QB in the league. If Leach knew half as much about football as SPS posters we would be undefeated

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
My question about our QB backups is this. If they are that bad then why the hell are we risking Rogers getting hurt in a blow out game ?

Last edited:

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
I'm laughing at how divisive y'all sound about whether your backup should get some PT😀 it's like a red v blue post.

Look, #1 when the game is out of hand you get your QB1 out for multiple reasons that you all know. #2 the best ability is availability and Will has been great at that but we play in the SEC. It might be nice to have a backup with experience that can play especially after those Bama and Georgia games.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
Did you see him play? Big time sell…. This is a perfect example of the coaches that see them everyday in practice know a hell of of lot more than random message board posters that think they know football…

Last edited:

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
I'm laughing at how divisive y'all sound about whether your backup should get some PT it's like a red v blue post.

Look, #1 when the game is out of hand you get your QB1 out for multiple reasons that you all know. #2 the best ability is availability and Will has been great at that but we play in the SEC. It might be nice to have a backup with experience that can play especially after those Bama and Georgia games.

This group wears a belt and suspenders at the same time. 'Nuff said

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
This is a perfect example of random message board posters who think they know more about football than other random message board posters

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I don’t get it either, so I’ve tapped out. I don’t see how how a suggestion that we just might want to occasionally get a QB other than Rogers some in game reps equates to people wanting Rogers benched, illusions of Robertson leading us to victory over Bama, etc. But whatever… it’s not on the top ten list of our most pressing matters.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login