Buy/Sell: The idea of having to compete in the SEC was a big factor for Lincoln

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
leaving to go to USC. I'm buying. No way he wanted to try to get a natty going through the SEC. Much more likely to get to the playoffs via USC and maybe catch lightning in a bottle and win it.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Buying and overpaying.

I've been trying to tell my Sooner wife that the days of OU steamrolling their competition are about to come to an end. They'll be plenty good and will have winning seasons and may catch fire at the same time Bama, Georgia, LSU, Florida, and Auburn don't one or two years out of 10, but the days of them just showing up, putting in their 12 weeks and then getting into the playoff are done once they come over to this side of the fence.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Duh. But even further, it's just easier at USC than most places. And the PAC-12 will remain viable for the foreseeable future, regardless of the hot takes.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Selling. He’s familiar with recruiting California. Now he can still do that and be local.

Aug 22, 2012
Easy buy.

Oklahoma & Texas are Auburn level programs. They have the potential to be great but it's not close to an every year deal. It's going to be a tough pill to swallow when their fans realize this. As a reminder, we are 5-5 against Auburn in our last 10 (same with A&M) and I'm sure OU is thinking they'll be beating MSU all the time. To that I say, "17 around and find out."

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
If the playoffs are expanded to 12 teams, it seems like both schools will have plenty of opportunities regardless of their paths.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I think most of us would be super interested in a job with an easier pathway to success that paid a lot more in what most would consider a much better location.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
Once Oklahoma is in the SEC they will not have plenty of opportunities to make the playoffs even in a 12 team set up. They will lose 3 or 4 games every year with an SEC schedule.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
leaving to go to USC. I'm buying. No way he wanted to try to get a natty going through the SEC. Much more likely to get to the playoffs via USC and maybe catch lightning in a bottle and win it.

Buy that competing in the SEC would be a 17n grind and he wanted no part of it.

However, his chances at winning the natty at LSU would have been much greater than that at USC, they've won it with Les and O for God's sake.

He may make the playoffs there, but USC would have to get really lucky to win it all in the current format.

Once they go to a 8 or 12 team playoff, how does USC get to the championship game, much less hoist the trophy?

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Buy. Oklahoma was about to become Florida of the past 5 years (9-10 win program)

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Yep.

As Trojan alumni, it’s a good hire on the surface but I’m wondering if Lincoln can rebuild a program. Stoops had that thing well greased before he left and turned it over. Helton maintained but was just mediocre.

As far as ou and the sec. My father in law is a big sooner fan. And I’ve told him that it’s not gonna be a cake walk. He always brings up and brags about them beating bama in the sugar bowl and Florida last year in the bowl game. Never mind half Florida’s players sat out and they got skull drug by lsu in the playoff. They will be good but I think they be a lot like tamu and auburn in the conference. They might finish high in the conference but they might only make the championship game once every 10-15 years especially with lsu bringing in Kelly.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login