Buy Sell The SEC should start the tourney on Wednesday and not Thursday.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
That way if there is an issue like this they have the opportunity to skip a day if they need to.

Woof Man Jack

Apr 20, 2006
CBS wants a Sunday championship game. Unless start on Wed and skip Saturday..it wouldn't work.

edited to add: Plus, this type of scenario rarely happens.

VegasDawg13

Jun 11, 2007
It would hurt crowds too much for the first three rounds. And this is such a rare circumstance, I don't think they should adjust anything for it.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
always finishes like 5 minutes before the selection show starts. They need to move theirs back or to Saturday and I think it should be a rule that no one plays on Sunday.

Indndawg

Nov 16, 2005
I dub thee MSU SECT winners and have 5 seed. Now go back to MSU and practice FT and Reb's and get ready for the tourney

NutherT

Oct 14, 2007
Would it not make more sense for the ncaa to just be more flexible with their selection time? I mean ****. The tv revenue cbs/ncaa could generate while speculating on bubbles and seeds for a few extra hours would be ridiculous. I guess it's really all the coots demanding that 60 minutes start at bedtime that are holding it up.

Optimus Prime 4

May 1, 2006
before the big 12 game was over. Gary Parrish says they get the bracket an hour before the selection show, so Kansas was a number one whether they had won or lost. He also said two years ago they got a bracket with one team in twice, had to tell the committee to add someone.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
Sell- with a disclaimer.

I think that all the Championship games should be played on a Sat. That way the committee will have time to do their grand selection show special all day Sunday.

But I'm not naive enough to think that they don't pretty much have their brackets set by Sat. They're just waiting on potential upsets to happen and adjust accordingly.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login