State Theater for sale

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Sorry if I missed a thread on this, but I just saw that the State Theater is for sale. I always thought this was a cool space with potential.
  • First floor features 9014 +/- SF with large dance floor/bar, full kitchen/dining area.
  • Second floor features 5594 +/- SF, commercial bar area, second floor open air patio overlooking Main Street. Additional second floor features include large open ballroom that features bar area that could be used for private parties, rehearsals, etc. Possible bonus features could be rear elevated deck.
  • The third floor is 434+/-SF that includes bar area overlooking dance floor & bar area, and private office.
How would you utilize this space?

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Sorry if I missed a thread on this, but I just saw that the State Theater is for sale. I always thought this was a cool space with potential.
  • First floor features 9014 +/- SF with large dance floor/bar, full kitchen/dining area.
  • Second floor features 5594 +/- SF, commercial bar area, second floor open air patio overlooking Main Street. Additional second floor features include large open ballroom that features bar area that could be used for private parties, rehearsals, etc. Possible bonus features could be rear elevated deck.
  • The third floor is 434+/-SF that includes bar area overlooking dance floor & bar area, and private office.
How would you utilize this space?

Downtown strip club

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Seriously, we should all pool together, buy it, and start a micro distillery. We can blend our own whiskey and distill our own neutral spirits. Sell it through the state with 10% of all revenue going to NIL.

Make our real money on weekend tastings alomg with wood fired pizza. If we need extra revenue, we'll have L4 dawg come in and we'll lash him to a post and charge $20 a pop to shoot him with a paintball gun.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
Based on my professional assessment it is way over-priced. So grab about 20 of your closest friends and offer $50k each. A million would still be too much because you are going to spend $150k minimum updating it. But it could definitely be turned into a money making machine that would probably break even for a while before starting to turn a small profit.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Seriously, we should all pool together, buy it, and start a micro distillery. We can blend our own whiskey and distill our own neutral spirits. Sell it through the state with 10% of all revenue going to NIL.

Make our real money on weekend tastings alomg with wood fired pizza. If we need extra revenue, we'll have L4 dawg come in and we'll lash him to a post and charge $20 a pop to shoot him with a paintball gun.
I can make swag for the "17d up still".

99jc

Jul 31, 2008
everything is overpriced in Starkville. I had a chance to buy all the land on the East side of Stark road Between hwy 12 and 182 before it was developed for 500 k and passed it up. I am still kicking myself in the nuts. That used to be great hunting land one-time big deer.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Based on my professional assessment it is way over-priced. So grab about 20 of your closest friends and offer $50k each. A million would still be too much because you are going to spend $150k minimum updating it. But it could definitely be turned into a money making machine that would probably break even for a while before starting to turn a small profit.
And hopefully you can pull enough revenue to survive the summer months, fall and spring break, Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
everything is overpriced in Starkville. I had a chance to buy all the land on the East side of Stark road Between hwy 12 and 182 before it was developed for 500 k and passed it up. I am still kicking myself in the nuts. That used to be great hunting land one-time big deer.
You could have built a target store and kept merlinz from bailing. It's all your fault.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
You could have built a target store and kept merlinz from bailing. It's all your fault.

Target or Tagret?

mcdonalds smile GIF

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008

I’m in for $50k

• Wow
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login