Buy/Sell. Women's BB will outdraw the men at Hump the rest of season....

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
I think this is a buy. Things are just getting worse for Ben Howland as he is getting shown up by a 1st year interim converted men's coach who is about to make the NCAAT with an undermanned women's squad being held together with spit and bailing twine and is recapturing the fanbase in the process. Meanwhile in year 7 Ben's men are repeating their annual stretch fade with a preseason can't-miss tournament team. Not good for CBH.

wrapit

Nov 30, 2008
It all depends on their respective play - wins / losses ... but

I expect the women to win that contest.

I think this is a buy. Things are just getting worse for Ben Howland as he is getting shown up by a 1st year interim converted men's coach who is about to make the NCAAT with an undermanned women's squad being held together with spit and bailing twine and is recapturing the fanbase in the process. Meanwhile in year 7 Ben's men are repeating their annual stretch fade with a preseason can't-miss tournament team. Not good for CBH.

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014

This sums it up.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Just looking at the remaining home schedule...

The women have 2 more: LSU(12) this Thursday and Arkansas to end the season on Sunday 2/27.

The men have 3 more: Mizzou this Friday night, Vandy next Saturday, and Auburn (2) on Wednesday 3/2.

If the women take care of business against Kentucky tonight, then they should have a good crowd against Mulkey on Thursday night and if they can split Tennessee/Mizzou and the Arkansas game has tournament implications, then I fully expect that to be a raucous crowd to end the season.

The men... oof... well the good news is that between now and Auburn, they have teams they've either beaten or could beat. So at Alabama tomorrow night, then back to back against Mizzou home & away. That home game is going to be a minimal crowd, but if the men screw around and beat Alabama tomorrow and then sweep Mizzou, then they're at South Carolina, who they've already beaten. Win that game and I don't think you necessarily get the crowd back by the Vandy game, but if they take care of business against Vandy, they have an opportunity to go into the Auburn game on a five game win streak. Suddenly, that's an intriguing 8 pm matchup against the number 2 team in the country. If that can't draw a crowd, we might as well just cancel the season and start the Hump renovations early.

I'd say as things stand it's a buy, but if the men do something crazy and win the next 5, then that Auburn crowd could tip the scales in their balance. They just have to win 5 in a row, which is a crazy idea, right?... right?

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login