By jove....is that his name ?

Dec 28, 2019
Is there any chance we get Bai Jobe ? Can we make a big addition to this D ? Looks like a big fat no. Guess Lebby is just gonna have to outscore everybody.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Our defensive staff is going to have to prove they can coach. Outside of David Turner, we don't have any names that hold weight. And we don't have the NIL deals to overcome that fact. Not a single 4 star on the planet is salivating to play for Coleman Hutzler. Hell, before we hired him, I bet 99% of this board couldn't tell where he coached and he was just an hour away. Recruits are the same way.

If they overperform expectations this season (which shouldn't be that hard), I think defensive recruiting will improve. It certainly can't get worse.

For once, I'm giving our staff a "wait and see".

HotMop

May 8, 2006
Our defensive staff is going to have to prove they can coach. Outside of David Turner, we don't have any names that hold weight. And we don't have the NIL deals to overcome that fact. Not a single 4 star on the planet is salivating to play for Coleman Hutzler. Hell, before we hired him, I bet 99% of this board couldn't tell where he coached and he was just an hour away. Recruits are the same way.

If they overperform expectations this season (which shouldn't be that hard), I think defensive recruiting will improve. It certainly can't get worse.

TIL our DC is Coleman Hutzler.

Dec 28, 2019
I would think they would be looking at Cormani McClain or whoever that CU guy is. Spose to be extra talented but lazy. Maybe we can light a fire under his azz and put him in the league. I feel confident that our offense will be improved (as if anything would not be an improvement) but the D was garbage last year and I'm skeptical at best on any improvement there

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012

These kids don't care who is coaching. It is, has been and will always be about $s so your NIL comment is spot on. Arnett didn't do us any favors. Let's hope we have some redshirt diamonds in the rough.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
These kids don't care who is coaching. It is, has been and will always be about $s so your NIL comment is spot on. Arnett didn't do us any favors. Let's hope we have some redshirt diamonds in the rough.
Coaching is a factor. Depends on the kid (and uncle). If Deboar recruits as well as Saban, I'll circle back and admit I'm wrong.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Yep,, Ole Miss hired Alabama's hired DC as their DC. Meanwhile, we hired Alabama's LB coach as our DC. That's the optics of it.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Yep,, Ole Miss hired Alabama's hired DC as their DC. Meanwhile, we hired Alabama's LB coach as our DC. That's the optics of it.
Part time outside LB coach. This would have been a good special teams coordinator hire.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Wow, I didn't even realize that. Hutzler may be better than sliced bread but on paper looks like a VERY weak hire by Lebby.
It could be the genius hire of the off-season. Or the dumbest. Hoping for the best. But more than a little nervous. We just fired a staff that had all been promoted higher than they’d ever coached before. Hoping we’re not repeating our mistake.

Reactions: Howiefeltersnstch
Dec 28, 2019
Out done by those vaunted Kansas Jayhawks. Isn't that it ? Jayhawks ?? Whatever. Seems like a poor choice to me. DLU turned down in favor of Kansas. Wtf.

Dec 28, 2019
I would argue against your assertion but I can not find any facts to dispute it. I thought DT was brought in to reestablish that but so far he ain't exactly killin it

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Worst defensive recruiting and transfer portal cycle I can ever remember. Kiffin's first year at OM he had the worst defense in the SEC. I'm expecting something similar in Lebby's tenure with us. You would think we would have gotten a couple of decent defenders out of the portal just because playing time is so wide open. We BETTER have a good offense.

Reactions: patdog