Can’t hide from this one, Dems….

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Can we not label a whole chunk of America as insane because of one nut job?
It’s not that they are insane. It’s that there are always crazy people and people on the left constantly claiming that he’s just an orange version of Hitler made it inevitable that eventually a crazy person was going to try to kill him. Same with James Hodgkins.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
There's media for everyone, sure, but you can't sit there and tell me the political left doesn't have a strangle hold on the overwhelming majority of it, especially social media.
There have been multiple studies that showed how right leaning 'news' sites were pushed on Facebook at exponentially higher rates in 2015 and later. It was part of Facebook news in 2019.

When Facebook deemphasized pushing political news, Breitbart activity plummeted.

That kinda sorta doesn't support your claim.
And that doesn't even get into the reality of news posted on X.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Point of order: we don't know a damn thing about the shooter yet. Most of you aren't old enough to remember the Reagan shooting. That nut was trying to impress Jodi Foster. There is no telling why he did it. He may very well be a left wing fanatic. But he may not be.
I often wondered what Hinkley thought when she finally came out a lesbian. That had to mess with his mind big time.

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
There have been multiple studies that showed how right leaning 'news' sites were pushed on Facebook at exponentially higher rates in 2015 and later. It was part of Facebook news in 2019.

When Facebook deemphasized pushing political news, Breitbart activity plummeted.

Multiple studies 🤣

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015

You have to be in bona fide denial to NOT see the favoritism to the left on the majority of social media and mainstream media. I'm sure there was no bias in those "studies" either.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
It’s not that they are insane. It’s that there are always crazy people and people on the left constantly claiming that he’s just an orange version of Hitler made it inevitable that eventually a crazy person was going to try to kill him. Same with James Hodgkins.
Biden is called the literal Devil. He is called a pedo. He is called awful things and is accused of awful things.

The extreme ends of the political spectrum are potentially dangerous. That doesn't mean everyone who has some similar political views as the extremist is bad or to blame.
I don't view all Republicans as responsible for j6 and don't view all Republicans as insane.
Similarly, I don't view all Democrats as responsible for today's awful event and I don't view all Democrats as insane.

I mean seriously- do you read the insane, unhinged, and wild claims posted on here in many political threads? Just because some SPS posters are Conservative, think Biden is the literal devil, and are crazy doesn't mean all Republicans are crazy. It's just that some extremists post here.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Listening to some of you guys whine is like being in the same room as these guys.

BTW, how about them dawgs (makes it sports related).

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Everybody really needs to take a chill pill on their amped up rhetoric. Biden, Trump everyone. Biden with the bullseye comment the other day. Trump with amplifying the hogtied biden picture back in March. Honestly surprised it's taken this long for the first real attempt on either of their lives.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Everybody really needs to take a chill pill on their amped up rhetoric. Biden, Trump everyone. Biden with the bullseye comment the other day. Trump with amplifying the hogtied biden picture back in March. Honestly surprised it's taken this long for the first real attempt on either of their lives.
Yes.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
You have to be in bona fide denial to NOT see the favoritism to the left on the majority of social media and mainstream media. I'm sure there was no bias in those "studies" either.
What social media has this favoritism?

- X is run by Musk and for 2 years now he has basically preached a position of any speech is accepted.
- Facebook helped get Trump elected thru its algorithm.
- Facebook helped push Conservative outrage agendas for years.
- TikTok has endless content from the right that is easily and constantly viewed.
- YouTube shorts has endless content from the right thst is easily and constantly viewed. Heck, it's pushed to me a ton- people showing a video where some college lib is owned by a conservative at a discussion or at a table on campus, or some lib testifying in front of congress that is owned by a legislator, etc etc.

What social media are we actually talking about?
I don't know how to measure if a platform is favoring one side or another. I simply referenced a reality that I learned about as a result of Facebook deplatforming political news.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Maybe now they will take the fact seriously that our threat level is at an all-time high.

I don't think they said Democrats or Republicans were at risk, but Americans were at risk.

Never mind, go back to your arguments.

Reactions: L4Dawg

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
What social media has this favoritism?

- X is run by Musk and for 2 years now he has basically preached a position of any speech is accepted.
- Facebook helped get Trump elected thru its algorithm.
- Facebook helped push Conservative outrage agendas for years.
- TikTok has endless content from the right that is easily and constantly viewed.
- YouTube shorts has endless content from the right thst is easily and constantly viewed. Heck, it's pushed to me a ton- people showing a video where some college lib is owned by a conservative at a discussion or at a table on campus, or some lib testifying in front of congress that is owned by a legislator, etc etc.

What social media are we actually talking about?
I don't know how to measure if a platform is favoring one side or another. I simply referenced a reality that I learned about as a result of Facebook deplatforming political news.
Thank God X is now owned by Musk. Before it was a cesspool for liberal trash. Facebook hasn't helped Trump with anything. I'm not sure what you're smoking. Zuckerberg is one of the biggest liberals on the planet. Youtube continuously bans conservative posters and deletes videos that are considered "conservative propaganda."

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
One thing for sure, everyone needs to cool the jets. This crap has become WAY over the top.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
How am I overreacting?
You are doing the exact same thing your opponents are. As I said above, you don't even realize how offensive and provocative some of your comments in this thread have been.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
You are doing the exact same thing your opponents are. As I said above, you don't even realize how offensive and provocative some of your comments in this thread have been.
Ok, an example?

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Read your posts in this thread, and read them from an opposing viewpoint. Some of your opponents have been just as bad. Why don't we wait and see who the guy was before we all start jumping to baseless conclusions.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Thank God X is now owned by Musk. Before it was a cesspool for liberal trash. Facebook hasn't helped Trump with anything. I'm not sure what you're smoking. Zuckerberg is one of the biggest liberals on the planet. Youtube continuously bans conservative posters and deletes videos that are considered "conservative propaganda."
Google what I claimed- Facebook's algorithm pushed conservative news and media for years and helped Trump get elected and stay popular while president. It helped push his reelection campaign too.
And when Facebook deemphasized political news in its algorithm, Breitbart traffic plummeted.

Don't believe it, that's something you are free to do, but actual numbers that back this up exist...due to studies.

As for YouTube, again- videos where libs are owned are all over the site and are pushed so that even I get a bunch of em each time I look thru shorts. There is no shortage of readily available conservative commentary on YouTube.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Whatever your position on the political spectrum, you should look at this as an extremely sad day. This isn't America. The rhetoric that has already started around it isn't America. We HAVE to stop defining people by the extremists. We can NOT let them continue to define the debate on both/all sides. ENOUGH ALREADY.

Reactions: ckDOG and patdog

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
Google what I claimed- Facebook's algorithm pushed conservative news and media for years and helped Trump get elected and stay popular while president. It helped push his reelection campaign too.
And when Facebook deemphasized political news in its algorithm, Breitbart traffic plummeted.

Don't believe it, that's something you are free to do, but actual numbers that back this up exist...due to studies.

As for YouTube, again- videos where libs are owned are all over the site and are pushed so that even I get a bunch of em each time I look thru shorts. There is no shortage of readily available conservative commentary on YouTube.
Google. Sure. As if it's not incredibly biased. Even its new AI algorithm is as anti-American and pro-progressive agenda as it gets. Again, you are simply in denial if you can't see the incredible bias in social media and mainstream media.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Google. Sure. As if it's not incredibly biased. Even its new AI algorithm is as anti-American and pro-progressive agenda as it gets. Again, you are simply in denial if you can't see the incredible bias in social media and mainstream media.
You could always quit crying and use the ol' noggin to filter out everyone's first amendment biased ********. It's not that hard.

Reactions: Lucifer Morningstar

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Google. Sure. As if it's not incredibly biased. Even its new AI algorithm is as anti-American and pro-progressive agenda as it gets. Again, you are simply in denial if you can't see the incredible bias in social media and mainstream media. That or you're incredibly biased yourself and don't WANT to see it.
All media is biased in some way. Some one way, some another. Make it a point to listen to media you DON'T agree with regularly. If all you are interested is an echo chamber then you are part of the problem.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
OK, Bing it. Or duckduckgo it.
F17S- use the search engine you want - they will all come up with the same info.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
You do realize such rhetoric from the right has been a thing and a controversy plenty of times before, right?
Sarah Palin’s map got Gabbi Gifford shot. Or at least that’s what we were told. Turns out the shooter wasn’t right wing. He was just nuts. But we saw that map non-stop. Something tells me we won’t be hearing national media mentioning all the incendiary comments from people like Pelosi, “Trump can not be president, he must be stopped,” or Biden, “it’s time to put Trump in the bullseye.”
Biden is called the literal Devil. He is called a pedo. He is called awful things and is accused of awful things.

The extreme ends of the political spectrum are potentially dangerous. That doesn't mean everyone who has some similar political views as the extremist is bad or to blame.
I don't view all Republicans as responsible for j6 and don't view all Republicans as insane.
Similarly, I don't view all Democrats as responsible for today's awful event and I don't view all Democrats as insane.

I mean seriously- do you read the insane, unhinged, and wild claims posted on here in many political threads? Just because some SPS posters are Conservative, think Biden is the literal devil, and are crazy doesn't mean all Republicans are crazy. It's just that some extremists post here

You’re so stupid it’s almost admirable. Yes people say terrible things about leftist. The difference is they aren’t on air talent for national networks. All those people only ever spew their bile in one direction.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Read your posts in this thread, and read them from an opposing viewpoint. Some of your opponents have been just as bad. Why don't we wait and see who the guy was before we all start jumping to baseless conclusions.
So no example then. I'm just at fault for having an ideology you reject. I should just shut up and only let people who agree with you speak.

You never change.

• Haha

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Whatever your position on the political spectrum, you should look at this as an extremely sad day. This isn't America. The rhetoric that has already started around it isn't America. We HAVE to stop defining people by the extremists. We can NOT let them continue to define the debate on both/all sides. ENOUGH ALREADY.
No one on this board has ever done that more than YOU. But of course, you mean for other people to change. Not you. Never you.

But as always, prove me wrong Liver. Say something nice about me and my policy preferences.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login