Can anyone make sense of Jerry Jones latest shenanigans?

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Trading a 4th round pick for Trey Lance. Its like he can’t help himself.

Returning from major injury, 3rd year NFL QB who has thrown less than 500 competitive passes since high school, and who the 49ers apparently thought they missed so badly on that they took whatever they could get after less than a full healthy season of seeing him….even after throwing away 3 first round picks for him. Just wow.

And the worst part….in a best case scenario for Dallas, he sits on the bench all season, and the Cowboys still have to decide next spring based on absolutely nothing if he is worth his 5th year option. If they pick it up, he’s due over $20 million in 2025, fully guaranteed. If they don’t pick it up, they still have to pay a 2nd or 3rd string QB $6 million in 2024, and watch him probably walk in free agency. I just don’t get it.

Reactions: Lettuce

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
He’s better than any 4th round qb in the draft this year and next year….I’m not sure I agree but Jerry is hungry….and Lance wasn’t necessarily in a system that required him to maximize his potential as a mover and a shaker. We will see what happens but I don’t exactly hate it…..and I don’t hate your opinion either

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
He’s better than any 4th round qb in the draft this year and next year….I’m not sure I agree but Jerry is hungry….and Lance wasn’t necessarily in a system that required him to maximize his potential as a mover and a shaker. We will see what happens but I don’t exactly hate it…..and I don’t hate your opinion either

Its not as bad as the Elliott contract / Cooper trade fiasco, or as bad as slow playing Dak’s extension, but its still pretty bad.

Cooper Rush isn’t chopped liver, so its not like they really even needed a back up. I also think he was a far better fit in Shanahan’s system….where he’d use his legs way more than McCarthey ever would in his antiquated West Coast offense. But ultimately they lose the pick and take a way bigger cap hit for a 3rd stringer in 2024 than they need to. I just don’t see how Lance will ever get the reps he needs to become what folks thought he could be. He’s in no man’s land with his development and his contract. A lot of that isn’t his fault, of course, but that doesn’t change anything.

Reactions: Lettuce

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Hard to argue
But out of all of those qbs, I’d say he will be able to take away a lot more from being under Dak. Also, Mc and Jerry both have noted how quick Daks been getting rid of the ball this year…and it will be mandatory.

SF has elite playmakers and they just need a distributor of the football…ie: Garopish.

I still think Dak can use his legs as a positive…and if you lose him, Lance gives you about the same base skill set…plus, he’s still young young.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Trading a 4th round pick for Trey Lance. Its like he can’t help himself.

Returning from major injury, 3rd year NFL QB who has thrown less than 500 competitive passes since high school, and who the 49ers apparently thought they missed so badly on that they took whatever they could get after less than a full healthy season of seeing him….even after throwing away 3 first round picks for him. Just wow.

And the worst part….in a best case scenario for Dallas, he sits on the bench all season, and the Cowboys still have to decide next spring based on absolutely nothing if he is worth his 5th year option. If they pick it up, he’s due over $20 million in 2025, fully guaranteed. If they don’t pick it up, they still have to pay a 2nd or 3rd string QB $6 million in 2024, and watch him probably walk in free agency. I just don’t get it.

Hopefully, this means that Dak gets to move to a good team, away from Jerry'a ********. And then, in turn, giving Stephen 17ing "**** Stirring Hack" A. a new whipping boy for his daily dribble.

I am sick of him being in Dallas and their psychotic fans.

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

StumpNewGround

Dec 9, 2022
I’ve been a cowboy fan my whole life. Going back to Staubach and Dorsett. ETA: DD Lewis of course. The whole reason why I became a cowboy fan

You’ll save yourself a lot of head scratching moments if you just don’t pay attention and wait until the sob dies.

ETA 2.0. A picture of Dak and DD together would be worth some money according to me. I’d like to have one.

Last edited:
Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login