Can Football win 10+ games this year?

WrightGuy821

Mar 13, 2019
Am I the only one that sees a future of us winning 10 games this season? I may just be a homer, but Alabama and LSU are the only teams that scare me and both of those games are at home. I'm sure the media and everyone will have us at like 6-6/7-5 but I honestly think we're capable of so much more than that.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I think we should be a good team but first year head coaches and 10 win seasons aren’t things that go together very often.

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
Am I the only one that sees a future of us winning 10 games this season? I may just be a homer, but Alabama and LSU are the only teams that scare me and both of those games are at home. I'm sure the media and everyone will have us at like 6-6/7-5 but I honestly think we're capable of so much more than that.
Nope. I'm usually pretty wooly but I know next to nothing about our offense, other than it looked like a clusterfuck during the Spring game.

Reactions: Joe Schmedlap

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Can they? Yes.

Will they?

Season 3 Episode 23 GIF by The Simpsons

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I'm thinking 8 wins and then 2 or 3 lean years. We should have enough experienced quality players to get 8, maybe 9 but after that I expect our talent level to fall off for a couple three years

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
This is the easiest schedule we've had recently, our hardest west opponents are at home and our extra east team is South Carolina. 8-4 should be the floor not the ceiling
I'm not wooly yet, I'm thinking 6-6 or 7-5. We play South Carolina there, they were 8-5 last yr w/ final 2 wins of the season against top 10 TN and Clemson. Lost by a TD to Notre Dame in bowl.

Reactions: patdog

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
I think we're going to like how CZA has our team ready to play on Saturday's - not just the defense. Energy and effort is going to get a big step up. The offense will make us groan at times, but we are going to get 9 wins.

Can we get 10? - Hell, yes!

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
This is the easiest schedule we've had recently, our hardest west opponents are at home and our extra east team is South Carolina. 8-4 should be the floor not the ceiling
I actually think it’s better when we play Bama and lsu on the road. I’d much rather have those winnable toss up games at home… like auburn, Arkansas, South Carolina and A&M. Unlikely we win all 4 of those games on the road.

Reactions: WrightGuy821

WrightGuy821

Mar 13, 2019
I actually think it’s better when we play Bama and lsu on the road. I’d much rather have those winnable toss up games at home… like auburn, Arkansas, South Carolina and A&M. Unlikely we win all 4 of those games on the road.
I think LSU and Kentucky will be better than all 4 of the teams we face on the road, and we get to play them at home which make them more winnable imo. Auburn, Arkansas and A&M shouldn't be too hard to get on the road, SC is the toughest road game

patdog

May 28, 2007
Any schedule with Vanderbilt on it is the easiest we've had recently. With both LSU and Alabama ranked in the top 10 preseason and both at home, this is a VERY difficult schedule, because you're pretty much guaranteed to lose half your SEC home games before you even start. Really only way it could be more difficult would be if you swapped at USC for GA and home and moved Mississippi or Kentucky to a road game.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
As much as I respect Will, I feel like this is one of those years - with the change in offense - that we'll be saying if we just had a QB with a different skillset we'd have won 2 or 3 more games. Kind of like Tyson Lee in 2009 (although Will is lightyears better than Lee)

Hope he proves me wrong.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

WrightGuy821

Mar 13, 2019
As much as I respect Will, I feel like this is one of those years - with the change in offense - that we'll be saying if we just had a QB with a different skillset we'd have won 2 or 3 more games. Kind of like Tyson Lee in 2009 (although Will is lightyears better than Lee)

Hope he proves me wrong.
The good news on that front is we have a QB with a skillset more suited to this offense imo. I think Will has a short leash and we could see Mike Wright take the field at some point

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
We are a 7-8 (regular season) win team.

The schedule is misleading because we get two games that are near automatic losses at home. I'd much rather have Ark/T5&7/USCe or the Barn at home and play LSU/Bama at their place.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
First time head coach. New offensive staff. New philosophy that is nothing like the old one. Forcing square peg offensive players in round hole. 10 wins you ask?

Crazy Eyes Meme GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: #ShowOff and patdog

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022
Any schedule with Vanderbilt on it is the easiest we've had recently. With both LSU and Alabama ranked in the top 10 preseason and both at home, this is a VERY difficult schedule, because you're pretty much guaranteed to lose half your SEC home games before you even start. Really only way it could be more difficult would be if you swapped at USC for GA and home and moved Mississippi or Kentucky to a road game.
Every schedule we have is a very difficult schedule, yet we have won 9 games 4 times in the last decade. This is one of the most favorable schedules we have had since expansion. LSU won the west and lost 4 games last year, including a game at the end of the year against A&M. They are not an auto loss. We have 8 home games. Calling this schedule brutal in comparison to our normal SEC West standard of brutal is just not accurate.

Reactions: WrightGuy821

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Every schedule we have is a very difficult schedule, yet we have won 9 games 4 times in the last decade. This is one of the most favorable schedules we have had since expansion. LSU won the west and lost 4 games last year, including a game at the end of the year against A&M. They are not an auto loss. We have 8 home games. Calling this schedule brutal in comparison to our normal SEC West standard of brutal is just not accurate.
Since 2000 we've won 3 games vs LSU (two of them in BR). That's pretty much an automatic loss, they seem to have our number. I'd rather lose that game in BR (and Bama in Ttown) and play the Barn or Ark at home.

Our year will be made or broke on UK, USCe, OM, TAMU, Ark and the Barn, I'd rather play as many of those at home. We need to win 3 of those to get to 7 wins and 4 to get to 8 wins.

Every ten years or so, we'll slip up and beat LSU and/or Bama, but we have to look at that as Lagniappe, we need to focus on our 6 winnable conf games.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
I heard from my cousin's brother's fat girlfriend that It doesn't matter because the NCAA will invoke the death penalty in all sports for the minor basketball infractions. No bowl for the next couple of years. So we will probably go 11-1 (refs will make sure we don't beat Bama)

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
With the schedule and this season being Leach’s third full year (the 2020 COVID year should not count for many reasons), yes I could see 10 wins. Unfortunately, December 11th, 2022 happened and we have a new staff. Anyway, no I do not see 10 wins this season no matter how hard I squint.

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
I heard from my cousin's brother's fat girlfriend that It doesn't matter because the NCAA will invoke the death penalty in all sports for the minor basketball infractions. No bowl for the next couple of years. So we will probably go 11-1 (refs will make sure we don't beat Bama)
Thank you, Simone.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Since 2000 we've won 3 games vs LSU (two of them in BR). That's pretty much an automatic loss, they seem to have our number. I'd rather lose that game in BR (and Bama in Ttown) and play the Barn or Ark at home.

Our year will be made or broke on UK, USCe, OM, TAMU, Ark and the Barn, I'd rather play as many of those at home. We need to win 3 of those to get to 7 wins and 4 to get to 8 wins.

Every ten years or so, we'll slip up and beat LSU and/or Bama, but we have to look at that as Lagniappe, we need to focus on our 6 winnable conf games.
Agreed. I think the we are looking at 7 wins. 4 non conference, ole miss and Kentucky (because they are home) and one of Arkansas (most likely this one), auburn, A&M and South Carolina. Maybe you win 2 of those games and get to 8 wins.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
How may wins?, I doubt 10. We should have a sound D. With maybe a learning curve on Offense., Not sure the Oline is ready for what is coming.
But, we could be better than expected.

dawgoneyall

Nov 11, 2007
6-6 at best

• Sad
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022

Not sure why the year 2000 is relevant, but we have won 3 times against them since 2014 and twice in the past 6 years. All of our games lately have been very competitive. It’s not an auto loss. They will be favored but we can win.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
10 Wins you say? Nope, nowhere on the horizon for this team and new staff

i see you what GIF by Lidl Voyages

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Not sure why the year 2000 is relevant, but we have won 3 times against them since 2014 and twice in the past 6 years. All of our games lately have been very competitive. It’s not an auto loss. They will be favored but we can win.
Just pointing out how bad we are against them over the long term. I believe they have a much better coach now than our last two victories agains them.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login