Can someone please throw out a coaching hire rumor?

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Freeze was looking ahead to the MSU job which was why Auburn was so checked out against NMSU.

BirdPuppy

Aug 5, 2023
Rich Rod. Not advocating for or against, but he’s a legitimate candidate. Rarely is he mentioned anywhere.

ETA: just saw the FootballScoop thread

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
Reliable source says Ed Orgeron, per flight tracker private jet out of Natchitoches landed in Starkville yesterday afternoon, flew out an hour ago. My buddy had spoken to someone from the pony named Brandi Nicole, he thinks she worked there wasn't sure. According to Brandi, Ed was impressed with the facilities, he wasn't worried about the NIL numbers because there is a children's hospital in Jackson. She said his exact words were "Ya kno man we gona du sum amazin' thins har et MSU, Halstayyyyt and Geaux Dawgs!"

Last edited:

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Saban is looking for a last challenge. He was spotted in the cotton district having lunch today.

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
Not a rumor, but this search seems to be a lot more "tight lipped" than the last two open searches we had (Joe and Leach) and more similar to when we hired Dan. Not a lot of info out there.

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked
Sep 29, 2012
Bret Bielema at Illinois really feels he has unfinished business in the SEC and is reaching out to Selmon. This is a fact that is completely made up by me.

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
Sean McDermott is weary of snowy Buffalo and looking to see what he can do in College football down south.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Not a rumor, but this search seems to be a lot more "tight lipped" than the last two open searches we had (Joe and Leach) and more similar to when we hired Dan. Not a lot of info out there.
Leach was known ahead of time? I recall being surprised mostly because most of the folks were going either (hell I cannot recall the two names) rajun Cajun coach and napier

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
A name not mentioned for the MSU job, Jason Candle, the HC at Toledo. He didn't deny he is a candidate.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Vince Lombardi will be announced as the new head coach on Friday. His coffin is being exhumed at this very moment.

pmack3641

Aug 9, 2019
Have heard that Rick Ray has switched sports now an assistant OC and is looking for a HC job plus he’s Selmon’s BFF 🤫

AnchorState

Jan 21, 2020
Not a rumor, but has Todd Monken been mentioned? Would he leave the Ravens for the MSU job? (We'd probably have to wait until after the playoffs, but a small price to pay.)

He has prior experience in the state and as a HC (USM). I hadn't seen him mentioned for any jobs, but after what he did at UGA and the NFL, it seems like he'd be a great candidate.

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
Not a rumor, but has Todd Monken been mentioned? Would he leave the Ravens for the MSU job? (We'd probably have to wait until after the playoffs, but a small price to pay.)

He has prior experience in the state and as a HC (USM). I hadn't seen him mentioned for any jobs, but after what he did at UGA and the NFL, it seems like he'd be a great candidate.
Monken is a helluva coach but tired of the CFB game (recruiting, NIL) and not necessarily wanting to be a head man.

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
Leach was known ahead of time? I recall being surprised mostly because most of the folks were going either (hell I cannot recall the two names) rajun Cajun coach and napier
Leach was at least the 3rd person lined up for the job and was out of desperation...... Napier, Judge, and one other (cannot recall) were all supposedly the "man" before they werent.

Ghostman

Apr 12, 2021

He'd likely be better than anybody else listed, but I doubt he would come back to the college game (other than maybe a handful of jobs.)

Ozarkdawg

Apr 1, 2017
Heard from a good source we said screw it and decided to go the Saban route - Saban of HS football that is, pigskin champion, winningest HS coach in CA.

1. Bruce Rollinson – 310 – Mater Dei​

Fittingly, the winningest active coach in California high school football is has been putting out a national title contender for longer than anyone else. And Bruce Rollinson has done it all at one program – Mater Dei.

Not only is Rollinson the winningest active coach with two seasons' worth of breathing room, but he's done it playing the hardest schedule in the country every year without letup. And he's one of the only coaches on this list that hasn't even lost 100 games. Considering he's only lost 85, Rollinson could likely coach another decade and still be under the 100 mark. By the way, if he were to do that, he'd very likely end up the winningest coach in California history, with 90 wins needed to crack 400 and surpass De La Salle's Bob Ladoucer.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login