Can someone please throw out a coaching hire rumor?

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Pete Carroll was seen working out and lifting weights at the football complex. Reportedly challenged several players to a 40 yd. sprint and he beat Rodgers and Woody Marks.

Anon1686962611

Jun 16, 2023
GIF by Barstool Sports

sbishup

Nov 20, 2007
Currently there is a top secret press conference being prerecorded in the Gulf Shores high school gym. Mark Hudspeth just took off and threw his silver Splash beanie and put on his MSU maroon is all that matters cap! The video will be played on the old Jumbotron at the egg bowl. Its a done deal!

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I don't feel like any of the guys on the hot board here or genes page will be the guy. It usually never is. Or it's someone rarely mentioned.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
A name not mentioned for the MSU job, Jason Candle, the HC at Toledo. He didn't deny he is a candidate.
I heard Bud Elliot talking about Candle in relation to the Syracuse opening. It sounds like Toledo has a lot of resources relative to the rest of the MAC and often underperforms.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
The latest rumor is that Chadwells buyout is 4 million. If State can't scrape up 4 million for a buyout we just aren't serious. This man has turned 2 programs into winners and has a 3rd team undefeated in his first season. It's obvious he can evaluate talent and actually teach his scheme to his players in the off season.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Actually the latest serious rumor is Barry Odom. He was 25-25 at Missouri but is 8-2 at UNLV. Supposedly he will bring Kendal Briles as OC. Hard to be fired up about Odom but could work if he can truly bring a good OC.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Yeah. I heard that about 3 days ago. No way he can bring Briles here. Why would Briles come here ? There was a thread about that. I can't see it happening.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
Actually the latest serious rumor is Barry Odom. He was 25-25 at Missouri but is 8-2 at UNLV. Supposedly he will bring Kendal Briles as OC. Hard to be fired up about Odom but could work if he can truly bring a good OC.
Odom with Briles would be okay. I'm just not excited about what happens after Briles leaves - and he will leave. Just think about how many defensive coordinators we went through under Mullen - having constant turnover at OC seems like a disaster waiting to happen (see Arkansas 2023, Kentucky 2022, etc. etc.). Mullen also had turnover at OC, but everyone knew he called the shots.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Not a rumor, but this search seems to be a lot more "tight lipped" than the last two open searches we had (Joe and Leach) and more similar to when we hired Dan. Not a lot of info out there.
If I remember correctly, no one had any idea it was leach until about 1 or 2 days before it became officially unofficial with reliable sources saying it was a done deal.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
If we hired Odom and I hope not why would he not bring his current OC with him ?? Why pay extra to get the guy stinking it up at TCU ??

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Leach was at least the 3rd person lined up for the job and was out of desperation...... Napier, Judge, and one other (cannot recall) were all supposedly the "man" before they werent.
Judge was real. Not sure how close the deal was but the process was cut short by the NYG offer. I don't know that Napier was real beyond just him being contacted.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login