Can we all agree a 4-1 ‘September’

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
looks more likely than it did a week ago?South Carolina’s OL really struggled against UNC. This 3-3-5 can be very hella tricky for OL play. I bet that spread will be suspiciously tight.

And the Jayden Daniels from tonight at 11am in Starkville doesn’t blow you away. Maybe he can make enough plays with his legs - maybe he cannot.

If there was a 5% chance of a 4-1 start last week - its 15% today, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

skydawg1

Jul 31, 2007
looks more likely than it did a week ago. South Carolina’s OL really struggled against UNC. This 3-3-5 can be very hella tricky for an OL.

And that Jayden Daniels at 11am on the road doesn’t blow you away.

If there was a 5% chance of a 4-1 start last week - its 15% today, right?
We commin'.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
We commin'.

• Haha
Reactions: Dawgg and skydawg1

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
No. We need September to become cohesive. We may have a group of Veterans at the center of the team, but they need more experience with the NEW offense. We still have to develop the cohesiveness on the offensive line. They have their hands full in the upcoming games. We also need to see who can play DB and Safety. We were not very good at deep coverage or helping in run support.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
OL has to get much better as does the secondary.
IF that happens, 5-0 is very doable.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I really hope they don't need to get "much" better, because that doesn't really happen in a matter of weeks during the season.
The biggest improvement usually happens between week 1 and 2 for football teams. Our OL looked bad in the first half Saturday but they did improve some in the 2nd half. I expected us to dominate the LOS but SELA had a good game plan. They were putting 8 in the box and daring us to run the ball. As with most games when you have better talent they wore down in the second half.
I'm sure there will be a lot of film review and adjustments by the OL of the first half. AFA the secondary is concerned they were untested in the game so I have no idea how they will play against AZ. They did deflect a pass that kept SELA's drive alive. SELA had the two best QBs in their conference so I'm assuming we had their WRs covered and our DL played well enough to rush their QBs reads.

Reactions: She Mate Me

patdog

May 28, 2007
Are you freaking kidding me? Don't be fooled by LSU last night. They're going to win 9 or 10 games this year and are a top 10 team. 3-2 is our ceiling for September.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
No. We need September to become cohesive. We may have a group of Veterans at the center of the team, but they need more experience with the NEW offense. We still have to develop the cohesiveness on the offensive line. They have their hands full in the upcoming games. We also need to see who can play DB and Safety. We were not very good at deep coverage or helping in run support.
Coach Prime built a team over the summer that is cohesive, at least on offense. But he has a lot better QB than MSU does.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I don’t love how we match up with LSU but it’s a winnable game at home. We will be underdogs but it’s not totally out of the question.

SC on the road is a true 50/50 toss up.

I’ll be thrilled if we somehow won both of those games, and perfectly fine with a split.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I think our defense is better than NC defense. They had 9 Sacks. SC O-Line is not very good. If our offense can handle the crowd noise State should win. 3-1 is very doable. 4-0 is not out of question. I want to win this Saturday. I hope State don't screw around with them like they did agains SLU. I am hoping that was first game jitters.

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
I said it during the game thread and I'll repeat it here. I LOVED Arnett's message going into halftime: "We better get things fixed or we're about to get embarrassed."

The team came out and played MUCH more physically in the 2nd half. I'm sure there will be similar "attitude adjustments" throughout the week and we'll see a much sharper performance against Arizona in all aspects. Not sure that translates to a win against LSU but SCAR is definitely winnable. Don't get me started on Bama...

3-2 start is most likely scenario; 4-1 is a stretch...

Reactions: hdogg and patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login