Can we knock it off with the baseball attendance/atmosphere stuff?

jb1020

Jun 7, 2009
I can find our attendance numbers on twitter before I can find out what the score was. We're 17ing National Champs now, I think we need to leave the pissing match with OM and Arkansas and anyone else about how had the most people show up on a particular weekend during baseball season.

It just feels amateur'ish at this point. Maybe I'm alone here, very possible. But it looks stupid to lose 2 of 3, but still brag about having 34,000 people there.

Shouldn't the program speak for itself at this point?

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Alabama still brags about football attendance. Kentucky does the same with basketball.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Yeah, bragging to the world about how much people want to watch the boys in maroon and white play baseball never mattered to any recruit!***

OliveBranchDAWG

Aug 22, 2012
I can find our attendance numbers on twitter before I can find out what the score was. We're 17ing National Champs now, I think we need to leave the pissing match with OM and Arkansas and anyone else about how had the most people show up on a particular weekend during baseball season.

It just feels amateur'ish at this point. Maybe I'm alone here, very possible. But it looks stupid to lose 2 of 3, but still brag about having 34,000 people there.

Agreed

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
You’re right. We shouldn’t use every tool at our disposal to market the program. We should just ride that 1 championship in 130 years of playing baseball into the next 130 years. Beyond that, when we lose a series, the marketing team should NOT try to find a silver lining to the weekend. They should just tweet out the “Shame! Shame!” Gif from Game of Thrones. Cohen, hire this man! ***

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
You want people to stop talking about the one thing in college sports we're the best at?

jb1020

Jun 7, 2009
That's the thing! we're not just good at attendance anymore.

You want people to stop talking about the one thing in college sports we're the best at?

We're the champs. If we're going to beat something to death, lets make it about on field accolades at this point. It just feels like we're getting dragged into **** that really doesn't matter anymore. Feels like we're better than bragging about attendance?

patdog

May 28, 2007
So let's quit promoting something positive about our university. Makes perfect sense. **

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Our baseball program is the only thing we have where we can stand toe to toe with anyone else in the country. Hell yes we should hype it .

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
We're the champs. If we're going to beat something to death, lets make it about on field accolades at this point. It just feels like we're getting dragged into **** that really doesn't matter anymore. Feels like we're better than bragging about attendance?

Yeah, we don’t want to end up like bush-league programs like this, relegated to bragging about their light systems. Talk about your on field accomplishments, you cowards!

[tweet]1457374005971795974[/tweet]

Lowdog

Jan 1, 2019
Heck we use it as bragging point. Until somebody passes us in record crowds and season ticket sold yes we should unequivocally brag about. Also it totally gets under the skin of that other SEC school in this state.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I'm with you. Why brag about how many terrible fans are at our games?

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
**** all you negative MF'ers. This board had way too many. If some of you was offer the sweetest piece of ****** in the world and she **** gold rocks out her *** while ******* you, you would ***** and be negative that the rocks are not big enough. You are just trying to find something to be negative about being negative about this.

tatedog

Mar 28, 2015
This argument was stupid when didn't have a natty.

It's almost incomprehensible now.

jb1020

Jun 7, 2009
I'm fine with this. Just use a few words

We'd say something like, "best lights in the SEC, had these lights since 2017 before anyone else had these lights." #werunthelights

Theres ways to market without all the BS fodder that makes us look like we're still competing with OM.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
We'd say something like, "best lights in the SEC, had these lights since 2017 before anyone else had these lights." #werunthelights

Theres ways to market without all the BS fodder that makes us look like we're still competing with OM.

Why do you feel like this is 'competing with OM'?

If you think tweeting attendance numbers is in a direct comparison with Ole Miss, then I would submit to you that this comparison exists largely in your mind.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008

They lost 2 of 3 and were outscored 16 to 3 in those 2 losses. Got to have some kind of positive comeback when the trash talkers show up.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
didn't think we did that here?
Sunshine pumping on SPS is not the same as sunshine pumping on Twitter and it's definitely not the same for a person whose entire job is to sunshine pump about the university doing their job and sunshine pumping about the university. I'm still having a hard time understanding what your issue is.

Should the marketing department of an automaker stop talking about their best in class safety features of a car or truck just because that car or truck also has best in class acceleration?

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012

We can brag about all of it. Brag about defending champs, brag when we win, brag about program support but all has to be in the proper context. Choosing to brag about winning the NC last year after getting our asses handed to us 2 of 3 this weekend would be frankly embarrassing. Save that for when we win the game or the series. The program support thing was all we had to brag about this weekend.

jb1020

Jun 7, 2009
What irritates me is

All this stuff on twitter just comes across as a pissing match with OM. I feel like we're SO far above that right now. It just seems to drag on the pettiness of the rivalry. I'm all for the rivalry, but when you have a 12 inch johnson and your little brother has a 5 inch johnson you stop whipping out your johnsons every chance you get, right?

jb1020

Jun 7, 2009
Just took a causal stroll thru Bama and UGA football twitter

I just looked in the media section, but there is absolutely no "info graphs" bragging about attendance. So many play recognition, awards recognitions, stats, etc.

We have that in baseball. It should be more about the on field product at this point. There is plenty to talk about.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
If you want sunshine pumping all day, head on over to Genes Page.

Don't want sunshine pumping all day but hell just stop the hurricane. Bitching about this is totally bull ****. I always hear go to Genes Page. I never been over to that site. From what I heard about it Six Pack has become the Bizarro Genes Page. I guess they say if you want stormy clouds pumping all day go over to six pack.

Last edited:

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
They couldn't vent over a loss so they found something else to vent over.

Don't want sunshine pumping all day but hell just stop the hurricane. Bitching about this is totally bull ****. I always hear go to Genes Page. I never been over to that site. From what I heard about it Six Pack has become the Bizarro Genes Page. I guess they say if you want stormy clouds pumping all day go over to six pack.

If we keep winning they will complain that the Berms don't have back support.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020

It looks pretty stupid to try to get people not to talk about something we actually are very good at. Do you have any clue just how stupid that is?

jb1020

Jun 7, 2009
We're NATIONAL 17ing CHAMPIONS!

It looks pretty stupid to try to get people not to talk about something we actually are very good at. Do you have any clue just how stupid that is?

But we should brag about being good at going to games? Put that **** on the scoreboard. Still no one has shown me where UGA or Alabama has bragged about attendance in football.

I'm out.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I'm all for the rivalry, but when you have a 12 inch johnson and your little brother has a 5 inch johnson you stop whipping out your johnsons every chance you get, right?

To be clear, if I had a 12 inch johnson, I wouldn’t shut up about it. I would find a way to drop that factoid into every casual conversation I could, ESPECIALLY in the presence of people that I know have a johnson less than half that size. In fact, it would be my email signature and probably every 3rd tweet.

That would not take away from any other accomplishment I made. In fact, it would enhance it.

“Got a huge promotion at work! And I still have the best johnson on earth! #Footlong”

See? You can be good at multiple things at once.

But even in situations where I’m having a bad week, it would always be something to fall back on.

“Got a ticket this morning, but I’m still rocking a much bigger johnson than the cop that gave me the ticket. #Blessed”

See? I got a ticket, but I’m still incredibly confident because I have a huge 12 inch johnson.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
No...you keep hammering it until people are sick of it. Then keep hitting it. This is where MSU falls short -- resting on its laurels

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login