Can you now foul someone by blocking them out with your backside?

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Meant to bring this up earlier.

Twice in the Mizzou game State was called with fouling a Mizzou player by blocking him out. I think once on Tolu for a ball entry pass and once by Molinar on a rebound at the free throw line.

Is that the rule now?

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Meant to bring this up earlier.

Twice in the Mizzou game State was called with fouling a Mizzou player by blocking him out. I think once on Tolu for a ball entry pass and once by Molinar on a rebound at the free throw line.

Is that the rule now?

It's a foul if you get super aggressive, like Drebin boxing out other diners trying to get to the macaroni & beef station at the Ryan's buffet.*

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Yeah a foul on boxing out has always been possible. If you move into someone else's space and that makes them move, you committed a foul. <---very basic way of looking at it.
It often isnt called unless it is egregious/obvious/gives an advantage.

If you are squared up behind a player and he launches his butt at you, there is a decent chance you are gonna hit the ground in pain.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Drebin is a man of class, taste, and distinction. The only buffets he eats at are China Star and The Silver Star when they give him a free one.

HotMop

May 8, 2006
Drebin is a man of class, taste, and distinction. The only buffets he eats at are China Star and The Silver Star when they give him a free one.

I believe he is also a friend of the Golden Corral.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login