Cantore is in Clearwater Beach

LittleBigDog

Aug 25, 2012
As of this morning, it appears the tracking models have changed a bit...and steering more towards St. George Island

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Clearwater is around the area that the Euro wants to track Ian. The GFS is more west into the panhandle and the Canadian is in the middle of the two.

Theres still a ton of uncertainty about the track.

SGIDawg

Jan 6, 2022
If the island is still here, I’ll meet you at Paddy’s and buy you a beer.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Clearwater is around the area that the Euro wants to track Ian. The GFS is more west into the panhandle and the Canadian is in the middle of the two.

Theres still a ton of uncertainty about the track.

That should be resolved in the next 24 hours. Models have been having issues with a couple of upper air items over Canada. How far they dig south and their locations will determine how soon and how hard Ian turns north. Once those come into focus then Ian's track will solidify.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I’m currently in Panama Cty but supposed to spend the rest of the week through Thursday in Port StJoe. Place won’t refund, fully paid in advance, unless an evacuation is declared. Debating on whether to bail out now and head west or go on to Port St Joe until Tuesday and bail at that point. Don’t want to be in peoples way but don’t want to lose four nights money either.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I’m currently in Panama Cty but supposed to spend the rest of the week through Thursday in Port StJoe. Place won’t refund, fully paid in advance, unless an evacuation is declared. Debating on whether to bail out now and head west or go on to Port St Joe until Tuesday and bail at that point. Don’t want to be in peoples way but don’t want to lose four nights money either.
Go ahead and go. If people evacuate they will do it Wednesday.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Getting too expensive and established to be right in the path. Life insurance is higher the older you get.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
If I was Cantore, I would keep my location to myself. They are threatening to shoot him if he comes back to Louisiana.

litlhitch

Feb 14, 2022
I hear ya man I’m in same boat, have a rental in Port St Joe from Tuesday-Saturday that they won’t refund unless an evacuation is ordered. I’m thinking we may end up taking my truck instead of the car so that we can take generator, gas cans and food. Only reason I agreed to go to beach was for seafood…doesn’t look like that will happen. One way or the other, we gonna make a memory on our anniversary trip.

What are odds they issue a mandatory evacuation? How bad does it have to be for such to be issued?

Beretta.sixpack

Oct 29, 2009
we have condo rented starting Sunday in Rosemary.....

I havent been following the hurricane much and my wife just told me that she tried to get trip insurance today and they told her No....

without looking at weather, Sunday thru Friday next week at Rosemary a NO go? someone fill me in...

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
I havent been following the hurricane much and my wife just told me that she tried to get trip insurance today and they told her No....

without looking at weather, Sunday thru Friday next week at Rosemary a NO go? someone fill me in...

Ian's impacts should be confined to Thursday and Friday of this week. By impacts I mean wind, rain, etc. only. If it comes in as a 4 and levels everything then obviously those types of impacts wouldn't be gone by Friday night. It still hasn't started its rapid intensification (RI) process. Still a lot of uncertainties on how this all plays out. Best case scenario is it encounters some heavy southwesterly sheer and dramatically weakens Ian down to a 1 before landfall. Starting tomorrow I'll probably start an official Ian thread since we now have multiple threads open and the first one has gotten lengthy.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I hear ya man I’m in same boat, have a rental in Port St Joe from Tuesday-Saturday that they won’t refund unless an evacuation is ordered. I’m thinking we may end up taking my truck instead of the car so that we can take generator, gas cans and food. Only reason I agreed to go to beach was for seafood…doesn’t look like that will happen. One way or the other, we gonna make a memory on our anniversary trip.

What are odds they issue a mandatory evacuation? How bad does it have to be for such to be issued?
Does it have to be mandatory or voluntary? I’d say it’s pretty certain there would be a voluntary one unless it turns hard right and hits Tampa or south. If it doesn’t I would think Mandatory evacuations would be right at Gulf County with Bay and West being voluntary. When Michael hit we had voluntary all the way to Pensacola.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
And buy gas for the generator,

In North Central Ms?

Nope. We should feel no effects at all from Ian based on current forecasts. If anything, the northern winds on the backside of the circulation will help funnel cooler air into the region although we may be too far away for that.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
We left PCB and headed back to Orange Beach. Finally got the place to keep the money but let us reschedule in the next year. Win, win in my book. Word of advice, we drove back along 98 by the beach. What gas stations that weren't four deep were out of gas. People are justifiably panic buying. Luckily I needed diesel so it was available. People are taking this more serious than usual. Took a couple of hours to actually talk to anyone because everyone was at home boarding up. This thing keeps shifting west. I'd be concerned anywhere from Destin to Tampa after Wednesday morning.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
We left PCB and headed back to Orange Beach. Finally got the place to keep the money but let us reschedule in the next year. Win, win in my book. Word of advice, we drove back along 98 by the beach. What gas stations that weren't four deep were out of gas. People are justifiably panic buying. Luckily I needed diesel so it was available. People are taking this more serious than usual. Took a couple of hours to actually talk to anyone because everyone was at home boarding up. This thing keeps shifting west. I'd be concerned anywhere from Destin to Tampa after Wednesday morning.
Yeah we are out of gas here in Gulf Breeze. People are panic buying and others who actually need gas for their daily commute can’t get any. No water at Walmart or Publix either.

willi13

Sep 24, 2003
We are prepared here. Gas was available today and there is water on the shelves. Beer…not so much.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login