Caught Slash at The Orion in Huntsville last night.

L4MANDW

Feb 21, 2018
Great venue, first time there. Ain’t got your ankles covered bring some Repel fer ‘em bammer skeeters tho!

Slash every bit looks and plays the part, great guitarist! His S.E.R.P.E.N.T. blues show was grand!

Larkin Poe bad-bad blues girls right there, great show!

ZZ Ward gave burth 6 months ago and mother to two but looked great & rocked the the Orion with, “Ride, Ride, Ride”!

Definitely catch another show there again if able. Sturgill Simpson/Johnny Blues Skies in October should be excellent.

Attachments

• IMG_9721.jpeg
    IMG_9721.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9639.jpeg
    IMG_9639.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9604.jpeg
    IMG_9604.jpeg
    408.2 KB · Views: 10

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
Great venue, first time there. Ain’t got your ankles covered bring some Repel fer ‘em bammer skeeters tho!

Slash every bit looks and plays the part, great guitarist! His S.E.R.P.E.N.T. blues show was grand!

Larkin Poe bad-bad blues girls right there, great show!

ZZ Ward gave burth 6 months ago and mother to two but looked great & rocked the the Orion with, “Ride, Ride, Ride”!

Definitely catch another show there again if able. Sturgill Simpson/Johnny Blues Skies in October should be excellent.
Saw Larkin Poe last year at Cathead Jam. They're really good live.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Orion usually puts up artist at Jefferson downtown.

Panic’s after parties are usually from like 12 - 2am upstairs.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
It’s an amphitheater. I’ve been there. Your view is a little extreme.

Um. He didn’t post the photos.

@L4MANDW did. Looks like he had some really nice seats (first row?) or a good spot on the rail if that was a GA pit section.

That venue is on my list to go see a show sometime.

Reactions: L4MANDW

L4MANDW

Feb 21, 2018
Um. He didn’t post the photos.

@L4MANDW did. Looks like he had some really nice seats (first row?) or a good spot on the rail if that was a GA pit section.

That venue is on my list to go see a show sometime.
3rd row, left stage fir $15 to see slash! :) I’ll make that 3 hr drive to Huntsville errytime for that show! :)

• Love
Reactions: Maroon Eagle

L4MANDW

Feb 21, 2018
Above is Goats review. Below is what people in the music business think of it. You be the judge......

View attachment 627541
It’s a unique venue, no doubt, food trucks outside, great concessions inside, easy access parking w/parking covered in your ticket purchase price. Who could ask for more?!. Only complaint was only 1 merch table and poor single dude running it was getting hammered. Tipped him on both my purchases, he was tremendously appreciative. Need a few more merch tables and some willing workers but good help hard to find these days….

Attachments

• IMG_9594.jpeg
    IMG_9594.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9595.jpeg
    IMG_9595.jpeg
    724.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9596.jpeg
    IMG_9596.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
You’ve been there? That’s awesome

Give me some amphitheaters in the south you would consider better options
Dude there's one right there in Starkville, right in front of the E house.**

I kid, but I did see Panic there back in about '92. One of the guitarists bummed a cigarette from my date then sat on and broke my cooler. Before anyone asks, I don't know if it was Mikey or Jimmy.

BrunswickDawg

Aug 22, 2012

I kid, but I did see Panic there back in about '92. One of the guitarists bummed a cigarette from my date then sat on and broke my cooler. Before anyone asks, I don't know if it was Mikey or Jimmy.
Well, it wouldn't have been Jimmy - he was in ARU in '92. So either JB or Mikey.
I was at that show. Good times.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
3rd row, left stage fir $15 to see slash! :) I’ll make that 3 hr drive to Huntsville errytime for that show! :)
$15?!?

Awesome!

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008

Saw them at the amphitheater in April 99. Wild *** crowd that night

Reactions: Darryl Steight
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login