Cause of death for Grant Wahl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacknut

Sep 29, 2022
I had my initial shot and booster pretty early. Knowing what I know now, I would not have taken the shots. The shot doesn't prevent transmission. The shot doesn't prevent contracting COVID. The shot is not a vaccine in the traditional sense - the CDC can change the definition all they want, lol. I guess it's supposed to lessen the symptoms like the flu shot. Older people and folks with underlying comorbidities should certainly look into it, but normal healthy babies, teens and adults don't need it.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Slight difference between shots that have been around for decades and actually stop the spread versus new ones that don't. If the vaccine actually stopped the spread of covid, there would have been an argument to force people to take it. Still would have been touchy because of the potential for unknown side effects, but a reasonable discussion to be had. But it's nowhere near reasonable as is. There's a better argument for mandating the flu shot annually.
reasonable and I'll not comment past this because I'm sure someone will devolve it to unreasonable. However, when people dig just a little to see if maybe they are being sold something politicized, they will at least see that mRNA vaccine research is decades old and this was the first opportunity to make good use of what had been learned over those decades. Still "new" vaccine method, in that it had not been used at scale, but far from being something that had not been tested for a long time. It may still prove to have some unknown long term side effects, who knows. If it does, I suppose I will deal with that.

For example, I recently declined a specific kind of antibiotic because it causes some serious tendon issues in a non-trivial number of cases and there are others that do not. I lobbied for, and got one that did not. Turns out because my doctor is older, he still saw this anti-biotic as a great drug, but a younger doctor was much less likely to prescribe it. Let the new antibiotic run for a while and we might find that it has some side effects that were not uncovered during the testing. That's just the way medicine works in real life.

Regardless, politicizing medicine rather than taking the best advice from the best medical people available is not the way. It is also very interesting that a preacher of the Bible would not advocate that sacrifice for others as an honorable thing.

Last edited:

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
reasonable and I'll not comment past this because I'm sure someone will devolve it to unreasonable. However, when people dig just a little to see if maybe they are being sold something politicized, they will at least see that mRNA vaccine research is decades old and this was the first opportunity to make good use of what had been learned over those decades. Still "new" vaccine method, in that it had not been used at scale, but far from being something that had not been tested for a long time. It may still prove to have some unknown long term side effects, who knows. If it does, I suppose I will deal with that.

For example, I recently declined a specific kind of antibiotic because it causes some serious tendon issues in a non-trivial number of cases and there are others that do not. I lobbied for, and got one that did not. Turns out because my doctor is older, he still saw this anti-biotic as a great drug, but a younger doctor was much less likely to prescribe it. Let the new antibiotic run for a while and we might find that it has some side effects that were not uncovered during the testing. That's just the way medicine works in real life.

Regardless, politicizing medicine rather than taking the best advice from the best medical people available is not the way. It is also very interesting that a preacher of the Bible would advocate sacrifice for others as an honorable thing.
Politicizing medicine has been awful and people at the CDC should be beaten and dragged through the street. We need a credible and trustworthy institution to fill the role of the CDC and not only are they not credible or trustworthy, they aren't even competent. Their monkey pox response is just astounding as that was essentially the easiest possible test case to handle. But they somehow learned nothing from the aids epidemic and spent more time worrying about whether it would be politically harmful to acknowledge that it was mainly spreading through the gay community than to just worry about the science and medicine.

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
FACT:

Everyone that has taken the COVID vaccine will die.

Of course everyone that didn't take the vaccine will die too.

Just depends on when...

• Haha
Reactions: horshack.sixpack

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
when I was watching people die left and right from covid I was up on the mountaintop begging for people to get vaccinated. Now the majority of people are either vaccinated and/or have been exposed. I still recommend my older patients and those with underlying comorbidities get vaccinated as covid can still kill you much the way the flu can, but I am no longer on a mission to get the world vaccinated. Things have changed. For the most part pretty much every medical doctor I know feels the same way. I don’t know anyone that’s trying to force the vaccine down peoples throats at this time.
I had my initial shot and booster pretty early. Knowing what I know now, I would not have taken the shots. The shot doesn't prevent transmission. The shot doesn't prevent contracting COVID. The shot is not a vaccine in the traditional sense - the CDC can change the definition all they want, lol. I guess it's supposed to lessen the symptoms like the flu shot. Older people and folks with underlying comorbidities should certainly look into it, but normal healthy babies, teens and adults don't need it.
91 of the 94 people I watched die during the delta strain were unvaccinated. A decent number of those were younger with no medical issues. I stated above that I no longer am pushing my young and relatively healthy patients to get the vaccine, but let’s not act like the world we live in today is the same as it was over the past few years.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
And I’m getting out of this thread. It’s making my PTSD kick in.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
91 of the 94 people I watched die during the delta strain were unvaccinated. A decent number of those were younger with no medical issues. I stated above that I no longer am pushing my young and relatively healthy patients to get the vaccine, but let’s not act like the world we live in today is the same as it was over the past few years.
Yeah, but you are a medical professional, so we discount your advice over what some Russian BOT created Facebook antivax site says.

Reactions: FQDawg and patdog

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
My body is a Gift From God and NOT a Ward of The State. I and I Alone Decide what goes in it. Big Pharma and Their Big Bucks influenced all this BS demanding people choose between their JABS or The JAB. See Fauxi's email to a close friend telling her not to worry about wearing a mask on flights because they are ineffective. You've all been duped. Our economy was booming and The Statists found a way to derail it in order to create more dependence on government, more inflation causing spending and more power to the State instead of The People.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Sure, it's possible that they could develop a vaccine that kills people or has other significant negative effects. But there's zero evidence that's the case here.
There is some evidence linking it to myocarditis. The rate of vaccine caused myocarditis is MUCH lower than the rate of COVID caused myocarditis. Myocarditis that is vaccine caused is almost always mild and treatable with over the counter medication. That is not the case with COVID caused.

Reactions: patdog

Jacknut

Sep 29, 2022
I wasn't replying to you just making a statement.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Slight difference between shots that have been around for decades and actually stop the spread versus new ones that don't. If the vaccine actually stopped the spread of covid, there would have been an argument to force people to take it. Still would have been touchy because of the potential for unknown side effects, but a reasonable discussion to be had. But it's nowhere near reasonable as is. There's a better argument for mandating the flu shot annually.
No there isn't. Flu is not nearly as deadly as COVID. It's not even close.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
My body is a Gift From God and NOT a Ward of The State. I and I Alone Decide what goes in it. Big Pharma and Their Big Bucks influenced all this BS demanding people choose between their JABS or The JAB. See Fauxi's email to a close friend telling her not to worry about wearing a mask on flights because they are ineffective. You've all been duped. Our economy was booming and The Statists found a way to derail it in order to create more dependence on government, more inflation causing spending and more power to the State instead of The People.
1671128741784.png

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
It was said tongue in cheek. Covid vaccines were brought up. Tell me the last time a thread went well after that was done?

There's no need to lock a thread simply because someone has brought up the covid vaccine.

Instead, let the discussion occur, so long as everyone is civil.

Just my opinion.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
1671133637157.png

dog12

Sep 15, 2016

Okay.

I don't know about all that, but you make one point that I fully agree with: concerning a vaccine, each individual makes the choice for himself/herself, rather than the government forcing everyone to take the vaccine.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
No there isn't. Flu is not nearly as deadly as COVID. It's not even close.
I don't know that I've ever met anybody so dim that is so sure of themselves. See if you can figure out by yourself why my claim does not depend on the flu being as deadly as COVID. I'd be interested to see if you just typed without thinking or if you really aren't capable of figuring it out.

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I don't know that I've ever met anybody so dim that is so sure of themselves. See if you can figure out by yourself why my claim does not depend on the flu being as deadly as COVID. I'd be interested to see if you just typed without thinking or if you really aren't capable of figuring it out.
LOL, try reading yourself. The reason that there is a better argument for mandating a COVID vax than a flu vax is that the flu isn't NEARLY as deadly. The flu shot does not stop the spread of the flu either. It's very similar in results to the COVID vax. They are both WELL worth staying current with.

BrunswickDawg

Aug 22, 2012
My relatively healthy late 40's *** that spent a week in a COVID ward on O2 and came far closer to death than I wanted to says:

Picture 1 of 1

Reactions: HailStout

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
I'm wondering who's gonna be more pissed in five years:

Anti-vaxxers when all the people who have gotten the vax haven't dropped dead and/or become completely infertile.

Or the lockdown and vaccinate crowd when everyone who didn't get the vaccine hasn't died from covid.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I'm wondering who's gonna be more pissed in five years:

Anti-vaxxers when all the people who have gotten the vax haven't dropped dead and/or become completely infertile.

Or the lockdown and vaccinate crowd when everyone who didn't get the vaccine hasn't died from covid.
The vaccine crowd never expected that as a result. Now the antivaxxers, I knew one that swore everyone that took it would die. That person died of COVID during the omicron wave last January. That person was someone quite dear to me. I tried. That's why I have had no patience or understanding of anti vaxx bs since then.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016

We still have a lot of *** holes out there that are extremely bothered by people not doing what they are told. It's ludicrous to require staff that don't see patients and aren't in patient areas to get vaccinated while letting unvaccinated enter CMS facilities at will and the only reason they are doing it is because they are annoyed people didn't bend the knee to begin with.
You do know what the person you are arguing with there does? He knows more than you and me put together on this subject.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
LOL, try reading yourself. The reason that there is a better argument for mandating a COVID vax than a flu vax is that the flu isn't NEARLY as deadly. The flu shot does not stop the spread of the flu either. It's very similar in results to the COVID vax. They are both WELL worth staying current with.
You are incredible. You can’t think of one more piece of information that might be relevant? Even when I gave you a hint? i guess the plus side is there’s no harm in you spouting off without thinking since you thinking would help you.

Reactions: mo7888

Fang1

Oct 1, 2022
If you don’t mind me asking, did you have and early intervention protocol?

Reactions: mo7888

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Just for the record, I've had both initial shots, and three boosters. I also have had a mild case of COVID. I got my first two shots and the first two boosters as soon as I was eligible. As I am in a health care field I was eligible very early. I was also careful about masking. My case of COVID came about in these circumstances: I was six months out from my last booster, and eligible for another. I was waiting on the arrival of the current bivalent vaxx to get it again. I had a family trip involving airplanes, trains, and buses that occurred exactly one week before the bivalent came out. I along with all three of my family with me on that trip arrived back with COVID. We had all dropped our guard on masking to a large degree. We all were current at the time with the vax. We all have some of the concurrent conditions you don't want to get COVID with, including two in their 80s and one of those was being treated for cancer. We all survived. One was hospitalized, one had a tough at home case. The other two had pretty mild cases. I had the mildest. I'm fully convinced at least one of the party would have died without the vax, it could have easily been three, or even four. I was the least likely of the bunch. I got my bivalent exactly three months after I got over COVID. For the record, I'm going about my life as normal now. We have even reverted to almost normal at my healthcare related practice. As I see it now after two years of vaccines and nearly everyone having it at least once, your risk is your choice. Getting the current vax is still absolutely your best way to reduce your risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login