Celebrating our 40th Wedding Anniversary today - and ....

retsio

Oct 13, 2021
hope you will not mind a simple comment - Where did the Time go ??

Through all of the happiness and truly sad events, the births and deaths of family members most recent and long forgotten, the ups and downs of questions and sometime arguments, those proud moments of satisfaction of achievements, the smile that greets you everyday and the inner strength of just knowing you are needed to complete a Wonderful Life Together -- you and of course .... we are older in physical age (and the body will not adjust to what we did years ago), but still young in spirit and hoping to hangin' in as best we can and contribute.

I have questioned myself about times experienced before our wedding ceremony - but that day and the many years since have proven to be the best decision and precious memory that I could have. The thought that a special person is always beside you and hoping for the best - is amazing and hard to replace. I would be remiss if I did not admit that changes in people and personalities do change our lives. But looking back, the feeling we still have..........

May I thoughtfully and respectfully suggest and comment (to any younger ones) - respect and honor each day, live and love that 'one' as best you can. 40 Years goes by fast !

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
My wife, and all she brought to the table, her family in particular, made all the difference for me. You’d never meet a happier, more content man than me. I’ve lived a charmed life, amazingly so.

Damn, almost forgot, congratulations. And thank you for bringing this up.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021

Through all of the happiness and truly sad events, the births and deaths of family members most recent and long forgotten, the ups and downs of questions and sometime arguments, those proud moments of satisfaction of achievements, the smile that greets you everyday and the inner strength of just knowing you are needed to complete a Wonderful Life Together -- you and of course .... we are older in physical age (and the body will not adjust to what we did years ago), but still young in spirit and hoping to hangin' in as best we can and contribute.

I have questioned myself about times experienced before our wedding ceremony - but that day and the many years since have proven to be the best decision and precious memory that I could have. The thought that a special person is always beside you and hoping for the best - is amazing and hard to replace. I would be remiss if I did not admit that changes in people and personalities do change our lives. But looking back, the feeling we still have..........

May I thoughtfully and respectfully suggest and comment (to any younger ones) - respect and honor each day, live and love that 'one' as best you can. 40 Years goes by fast !

Just celebrated 15 - it’s like they say; the days are long but the years are short. Congrats and thanks for posting!

Reactions: Fac

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021

Congratulations and may you have many more happy years together.

Reactions: Psu00 and LionJim

SleepyLion

Sep 1, 2022

Congratulations!

Latest posts