CFP picks - Week 2

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Thread for week-to-week CFP picks.

Remember:
  • 5 conference auto-bids
  • 7 at-large bids
  • 1-4 are conference champs (first-round bye).
  • FBS independents can't be 1-4.
  • No auto-bid for remaining Pac-12 teams (can't be 1-4).
My 12:
  1. Georgia*
  2. Ohio State*
  3. Miami*
  4. Kansas*
  5. Alabama
  6. Texas
  7. Notre Dame
  8. Penn State
  9. Tennessee
  10. Mississippi
  11. Oregon
  12. Boise State*
Week 1

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I should know this by now but is the 5th auto bid the highest rank non power conference team? So, this could be either of mt west, sun belt, American? The only conferences with guaranteed auto bids are SEC, big 10, big 12 and ACC?

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
I should know this by now but is the 5th auto bid the highest rank non power conference team? So, this could be either of mt west, sun belt, American? The only conferences with guaranteed auto bids are SEC, big 10, big 12 and ACC?
There is no official distinction between the conferences. It is a straight 5-7 format. The assumption is that most years the top-4 seeds will be the four power conference champs and the 12-seed will be the highest ranked G5 champ.

However, there is nothing officially preventing the G5 champ from being a top-4 seed or even two G5 champs being included, which means it is possible for any conference champ to be left out.

Last edited:

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
There is no official distinction between the conferences. It is a straight 5-7 format. The assumption is that most years the top-4 seeds will be the four power conference champs and the 12-seed will be the highest ranked G5 champ.

However, there is nothing officially preventing the G5 champ from being a top-4 seed or even two G5 champs being included, which means it is possible for any conference champ to be left out.
Got it… thanks!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login