Change is coming.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Seems like they are forcing you to contribute more than pledge in order to receive points. If I am reading correctly.

Reactions: EarlDawg

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Seems like they are forcing you to contribute more than pledge in order to receive points. If I am reading correctly.

Bugs Bunny knows The Only Color That Matters is…

Bugs Bunny Money GIF by Looney Tunes

…Green

patdog

May 28, 2007
The way I read it is you get 2 points per $100 you pay towards your required seat donations, and 4 points per $100 for additional unrestricted donations beyond your ticket commitment. So required donations only get half as many points. What's missing is points for NIL contributions, which is backwards thinking. And don't say, but NCAA won't allow that. Cause they damn sure can't stop it.

MStateDawg

Aug 3, 2021
No, you still get the same number of points for required donations (2 points per $100). You'll get double the points for additional /unrequired donations (4 points per $100).

2024-06-26_10-17-35.PNG

MStateDawg

Aug 3, 2021
What's missing is points for NIL contributions, which is backwards thinking. And don't say, but NCAA won't allow that. Cause they damn sure can't stop it.

I think there is coming regulation changes which will allow universities to be directly involved with NIL and thus they're likely making these priority point changes in preparation for that. Basically, they're really going to incentivize people to donate to NIL because these changes would award you 4 priority points for every $100 of NIL donated which is double the number of points as a required donation earns you.

Reactions: kired and patdog

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
No, you still get the same number of points for required donations (2 points per $100). You'll get double the points for additional /unrequired donations (4 points per $100).

View attachment 598807
I could be entirely wrong about this, but I interpreted the definition of restricted differently. My initial guess was that earmarking a donation for something specific like baseball, for example, would be considered restricted. Likewise, giving money for MSU to do what they want would be unrestricted

Again, I could be entirely wrong though

patdog

May 28, 2007
I could be entirely wrong about this, but I interpreted the definition of restricted differently. My initial guess was that earmarking a donation for something specific like baseball, for example, would be considered restricted. Likewise, giving money for MSU to do what they want would be unrestricted

Again, I could be entirely wrong though
This image from the BC website makes it clear required seat donations are considered restricted.
1719417224818.png

Reactions: MStateDawg

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I think there is coming regulation changes which will allow universities to be directly involved with NIL and thus they're likely making these priority point changes in preparation for that. Basically, they're really going to incentivize people to donate to NIL because these changes would award you 4 priority points for every $100 of NIL donated which is double the number of points as a required donation earns you.
It is really just incentivizing people to contribute to the general fund so that the University has levity on how the money is spent. I don't know of any non-profits that don't prefer general fund giving over directed giving.

patdog

May 28, 2007
The change is effective Aug. 1. But this is still ONLY Bulldog Club. NIL donations won't qualify for seat requirements or priority points under this change. And they need to if our administration is serious about competing in the new world of college sports.

00Dawg

Nov 10, 2009
Are they also saying that going forward, every season ticket purchased will be a permanent point?

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
Could care less. I'm on the verge of retiring from MSU sports and it won't effect me. Maybe 1-2 years left in my MSU sports support career. Getting too old and too many health issues.....guess that time comes for everyone at some point.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
Could care less. I'm on the verge of retiring from MSU sports and it won't effect me. Maybe 1-2 years left in my MSU sports support career. Getting too old and too many health issues.....guess that time comes for everyone at some point.
I'm very close myself. I did the 1 time BDC points transfer to my son several years ago the year after he graduated. I used to attend every home football game, a few basketball games and several baseball weekend series, but it is just harder to do both physically and financially. I retired in 2018 and went to work the next week part time. Been part timing and drawing SS ever since.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
I live out of state so season tickets don’t make sense for me any more. I just give to the BI and buy secondary market when I can make it to a game.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Are they also saying that going forward, every season ticket purchased will be a permanent point?
Every season ticket package the way I interpreted it.

You buy 1 ticket, you get one point. You buy 10 tickets - you still get only 1 point. But the points don’t expire like the old ones. Previously you got a point for each ticket but I think it expired after that year.

So where I’ve always bought 4 tickets, I sort of had a rolling 4 points on my account that just renewed every year. But under new rules I’d have 15 points by now (been buying football tickets for 15 years)

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Any of you that do now or have worked in sales knows how this goes. As the salesman (Bulldog fan) you will just get the commission pay structure figured out and then they will change the pay plan again. I swear when I was on the road sellling every time our 8 salesmen would figure out our sweet spot in our pay plans (i.e. the point in the month where it didn't make much sense for us to sell any more because you made less percentage (on a declining sales plan) than if you turned the sale in next month or something like that) they would change the whole damn pay plan again and it would take awhile to figure it all out again. I left them the month after the owner sat in on a sales meeting and said "no salesman is worth more than $45,000 per year no matter how much they sell" That was over 20 years ago but that made no sense whatsoever then or now