Charles Cross - CBS sports Mock Draft

Aug 22, 2012
It would be awesome to have a bulldog go #1 but honestly if you think Cross is better than Neal (who knows, he may indeed be) you still need to trade down because you can still get Cross and let someone overpay to pick 1st. There’s no bargain at #1. You take the consensus best player or you make someone else pay you for the privilege and take who you want later.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
It might just be me but I get the feeling that Edwards expects the Jags to do an oddball selection based purely on their reputation and finding someone with prospect and position rankings that could work there.

[h=6]Projected Team[/h] Jacksonville [h=6]PROSPECT RNK[/h] 13th
[h=6]POSITION RNK[/h] 4th

<tbody>
</tbody>

Evan Neal is not the unanimous top offensive tackle, so why is it out of the realm of possibility that Jacksonville might take Cross? He is just a sophomore but has produced some of the best moments of any lineman this season. If he can find that production consistently, there is a good chance that he walks away as the best tackle to come from this class.

<tbody>
</tbody>

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Exactly. If the Jags want Cross or Neal and they don't mind which one, they trade down for more picks.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Hate to be Debbie Downer but this really does scare me thinking about what our OL will be next year without Cross. If he's the #1 overall pick then it's obvious he covered up more things than we think. That's the downside of the Air Raid.....while it seems great once it's going, and the QBs and WRs can seemingly be plug and play...........you have to have those pass-blocking OL. That's what makes it go.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
But no offensive lineman will want to play for Leach because all they do is pass block and they won’t get drafted!!!***

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
I'm curious as to what you think he was covering up? He's a first round pick.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I'm curious as to what you think he was covering up? He's a first round pick.
The quarterback?

What I'm saying is as bad as our OL played at times last year, with a 1st round pick, what's it going to be next season without him?

Last edited:

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
GM's beware. Cross skipped the Liberty Bowl!!11!!

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Cross is 90-1 to go #1 on Bovada right now. That's crazy value for a play.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login