3000lbchicken

May 1, 2006
already moving in the right direction.

Position Title Athletics Promotions Coordinator
Number of Positions 1
Area of Specialization Promotions
Department Athletics - Promotions
Department Profile
Position Function Promote Mississippi State University Athletic events and coordinate halftime entertainment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities The following examples are intended as illustrations only of the various types of duties assigned in positions allocated to this classification. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment of the position.
1. Responsible for coordination of in-game promotions for all home athletic events.
2. Schedule and coordinate halftime entertainment, promotions for men's and women's home basketball games and responsible for entertainment for home baseball games.
3. Serve as liasion between athletics department and coordinator of spirit groups.
4. Assist in the development and execution of marketing plans for men's and women's basketball and baseball.
5. Develop and execute marketing plan for all Olympic sports.
6. Design and coordinate printing of schedule cards and schedule posters and other collateral materials for all sports.
7. Assist in the planning and coordination of Fanfare for home football games.
8. Responsible for coordinating MSU's participation in SEC Fanfare at SEC Basketball Tournament and SEC Football Championship.
9. Assist with the hiring of students which consists of two graduate assistants and up to six interns.
10. Assist in the coordination of other special events, including Bulldog Bash, Super Bulldog Weekend, pep rallies, Midnight Madness, etc.
11. Assist in the creation of special presentations to be delivered by members of Athletics Staff.
YOU MUST BE KNOWLEDGEABLE OF NCAA AND SEC RULES AND REGULATIONS. ADHERENCE TO THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS IS MANDATORY. DEPARTMENTAL STAFF FOUND IN VIOLATION OF GOVERNING RULES AND REGULATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO DISCIPLINARY OR CORRECTIVE ACTION UP TO AND INCLUDING TERMINATION OF EMPLOYMENT.
Minimum Qualifications Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Public Relations, or related field; proficiency in Photoshop, QuarkXpress and Microsoft Office Applications is required.

Three Putt

Nov 15, 2005
Post the additional job responsibilities you want to see here:

I'll start:

12. Assist in the complete removal of the ****** "MState" moniker and banner logo from all indicia of affiliation with Mississippi State University, and reinstitute the MSU Nike logo as the official logo for football.

Afro Dawg

Jan 23, 2007
Yeah, I want the new athletic director concerned about the M-State logo. I think its the foundation of all evil in the world.

Three Putt

Nov 15, 2005
a lower level marketing and PR hire. I didn't realize we were discussing the job description for the AD himself. My bad.

[Dismissive wave of hand].

Afro Dawg

Jan 23, 2007
Well, you're right. I scanned the original post and focused in on your post thinking it was AD.

My response was generally aimed at the general ******-like complaining about the m-state logo. It's pathetic.

And third, I have no idea what to make of the dismissive wave of your hand.

ScoobaDawg

Jun 4, 2007
Interesting.. either they are creating a second Athletics Promotions Coordinator, or the current one is being promoted/leaving (not likely).

patdog

May 28, 2007
You don't want the AD to be concerned with the logo of the organization he's running? It's only the marketing brand of the only products his company produces. I'm not saying he should spend a hundred hours on it or anything, but to not even be concerned with it?

wbc40

Feb 25, 2008
Disclaimer: If they ever put the M-State logo on the baseball hat, then the whole AD's office should be burned at the stake.

Other than that, I don't have a problem with the M-State. I think the reason we all liked the Nike MSU football helmet logo so much is because for the most part, the football teams that wore that helmet decal were tough, physical football teams under Jackie, and they won a lot of games (specifically 1998-2000).

I really think if we had worn the helmets we have now in '98 and '99, we would have the same emotional attachment. We associate the maroon Nike logo helmet to football teams that won big.

That being said, from a uniform standpoint, I think a maroon helmet looks better than a white helmet. Just making the point that as fans we all like that certain helmet because we won a division championship in it one year ('98) and won 10 games in it the next year ('99). By 2003, that helmet wasn't quite as good looking as it used to be.

Three Putt

Nov 15, 2005
I'm going to go ahead and second that motion, even if your motion is nothing more than a sarcastic dig.

The walking bully has and forever will suck donkey nads.

Three Putt

Nov 15, 2005
wave is simply a way of saying that your post is found to be unworthy of further comment. The same response that an organization's Dwight Shrute gets when he/she completely misses the point.

Carry on.

patdog

May 28, 2007
We wore the same basic football helmet since the 1970s and a lot of the teams that wore it sucked. The interlocking MSU and maroon helmet was a 30 year tradition. And yeah, that helmet looked good whether the team was 10-2 or 3-9.

That said, if we come up with a better logo, I wouldn't have a huge problem with it. Problem is, we came up with one that, on a football helmet anyway, looks ridiculous.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
and will add that the MState logo hasn't been helped by having an administration treat you like you are dumb by telling you that we need to go to a uniform logo when virtually no one in the conference does such a thing. Not to mention that the damn walking bully is still walking around somewhere.

Stansfield

Apr 3, 2007
I have never heard anyone outside of the sixpack complain about the m-state logo. It looks fine. The hatred of the m-state logo is about on the same lines as attacking doc for removing some flowers. It's a nice uniform logo, get over it. The logo does not make the players play any better or worse.

ram124

Oct 10, 2007
I like the M-State logo alright. I just wish we would get rid of the white ribbon at the bottom.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login