Choose @maroonmadman's new ride *VNSFW* (edited with updated pics)

Choose @maroonmadman's new ride

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Hope you can clean out your garage so you can keep it from fading in the sun!***
LOL, was going to give him some grief on the garage as well. Otherwise, good choice, nice truck and no doubt maroon! (ish)
Fun thread with an actual start and finish, no lock required.

Reactions: maroonmadman

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
One more thing to add. Went on our first road trip in it this past weekend up to the in-laws place in Lowndes Co. Went up Hwy 25 to 82 back via Hwy 12 to Kosciusko and then Trace home. Averaged 26.5 mpg. I was pleasantly suprised. Handled well on both dry and wet roads.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Here ya go. Sorry I'm not real savy with the picture thing and posted the same pic 3 times instead of 4 different pics. Kinda wanted to wait until my step rails were installed but screw it.

Anyways, why the Frontier? Easy answer, the drive off the lot price for the Frontier was LESS than the asking price for the Toyota and the Toyota dealer did not want to come down any. Plus the Frontier is 2 years newer, had less than half the miles AND is one of the many shades of True Maroon we State fans have come to know and love over the years.
View attachment 366109View attachment 366109View attachment 366109View attachment 366109View attachment 366111
It's merlot, not maroon. And do something about that 17n garage, man.

Ddog

May 24, 2023
Here ya go. Sorry I'm not real savy with the picture thing and posted the same pic 3 times instead of 4 different pics. Kinda wanted to wait until my step rails were installed but screw it.

Anyways, why the Frontier? Easy answer, the drive off the lot price for the Frontier was LESS than the asking price for the Toyota and the Toyota dealer did not want to come down any. Plus the Frontier is 2 years newer, had less than half the miles AND is one of the many shades of True Maroon we State fans have come to know and love over the years.
View attachment 366109View attachment 366109View attachment 366109View attachment 366109View attachment 366111
What year model is this? I like the look..

Ddog

May 24, 2023
I realize most “truck people” do not consider the Ridgeline a real truck. However, I can tell you that the AWD version went up the steepest ice covered hill in our city last winter and never spun a wheel. Actually stopped and carried a few stranded folks to the top. I cannot vouch for mud…only the ice. Its towing capacity sucks. Its ride is supreme. Right now, my second choice is Tacoma although the new Frontier is a worthy consideration. No to the Colorado and Ranger…

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012

Needs one of these:

1689348430066.png

1689348451004.png

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I realize most “truck people” do not consider the Ridgeline a real truck. However, I can tell you that the AWD version went up the steepest ice covered hill in our city last winter and never spun a wheel. Actually stopped and carried a few stranded folks to the top. I cannot vouch for mud…only the ice. Its towing capacity sucks. Its ride is supreme. Right now, my second choice is Tacoma although the new Frontier is a worthy consideration. No to the Colorado and Ranger…
The ride of the Ridgeline is unmatched, for sure. The AWD is supreme. Not the sharpest looking body, but TBH the body style is very similar to the Nissan OP ended up with. Car and Driver usually lists it as #1 or #2 for mid-sized trucks. And you wouldn’t buy a mid-sized truck if you needed supreme towing capacity, so that’s a wash.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login