Chris Doering gave Mississippi State football some love this morning...

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
Listening to the ESPNU Radio this morning, broadcasting from SEC Media Days Chris Doering called the Bulldogs his surprise team. He expects them to jump up like Ole Miss did last year. He also brought up Leach's 3rd years at Tech and Wazzu.

Also, Roman Harper said he thought the SEC wasn't done with expansion this year. Peter Burns pressed him on it and Harper sounded like a kid who didn't do his homework saying it just FEELS LIKE it will happen. Burns pointed out that the ACC is locked in for the foreseeable future, and they moved on to speculate about PAC12 schools moving to the SEC (Ore, Wash, ASU, AZ). I get the feeling that some media types keep talking about expansion just to have something to talk about. They have no sources...it's just pure speculation. Thoughts?

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
I only care about winning games against the teams on the schedule. I'd be tickled pink to watch the Dawgs win 10 games. I'll be damn happy with 8 or 9 next year.

Don't care about expansion, conference alignment, etc. We're still in the SEC. Just win more games than you lose.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I get the feeling that some all media types keep talking about expansion just to have something to talk about. They have no sources...it's just pure speculation. Thoughts?
One minor correction.

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
I get the feeling that some media types keep talking about expansion just to have something to talk about. They have no sources...it's just pure speculation. Thoughts?

Sun, July 17, 2022
Mississippi State AD John Cohen: Conference realignment not over 'by any stretch of the imagination

“You look at the level of competition within the framework of our league, we believe it's unmatched around the country,” Cohen said. “Obviously, Texas and Oklahoma enhance our league. But do I think (conference realignment) is over? No, I don't think it's over by any stretch of the imagination.”

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
It's over when the people that control the purse strings say its over. And yes I expect a big season this year. If not now, when ? Obviously I am use to being disappointed.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
If there any team out there that will bring a good price tag with ESPN I am pretty sure the SEC will go after them.

ArcherSPS

Aug 22, 2012
His third year at Wazzu he went 3-9 let’s hope we don’t get that Leach.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login