Cleveland Browns

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Are they the worst run professional team ever?

For a second, set aside the fact Watson has a lot of baggage, but is he worth that much money if he were squeaky clean?

Charlie Varney

Apr 11, 2016
The best person the Browns have had running their team is.....

Kevin Costner. Unfortunately for Brown fans, he was in a movie, not actually running the team. He would be better in the actual job running the team than any of the idiots they have had in the past 30 years running it.

Last edited:

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012

For a second, set aside the fact Watson has a lot of baggage, but is he worth that much money if he were squeaky clean?

$46 million per year isn’t too much to pay for an elite QB….IF you have other pieces in place.

I think the biggest issue in Cleveland’s case is they have a run-first coach in Stefanski who likes to pound people…and that’s what the personnel on offense is designed to do. They don’t need a gamebreaker at QB….someone like Mac Jones or Kirk Cousins or Ryan Tannehill would suit them just fine.

They needed to do better than Mayfield, but not at the cost they are paying to Watson. Just seems like an odd fit. They will get the best QB play they’ve ever had, but also will see themselves losing defensive talent. Will probably look like the AFC North version of the Texans in 2 or 3 years….bad team with a great QB.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
Watson has been an outstanding QB when he’s been healthy and active. The talent level is worthy of a big pay day, the human being probably is not.

If he can stay on the field, Watson will probably be the best QB they’ve had in decades. But that’s a big if.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012

Hilarious. Probably need to photoshop out the 2020 Browns one, though.

To me the Watson signing was the Browns collectively saying “17 it….we’ve been losing due to awful QB play for our entire existence….if we can’t start winning, lets start losing for some other reason.”

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
They been losing bc they make extremely dumb draft picks. Some of those are QBs.

Johnny Manzel and Baker should have never been picked where they were.

Late 1st round and still on the board? Ok maybe.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
When Dak was going into the draft, there were only two nightmare scenarios for me: Dallas and Cleveland.

Dallas because I live here and had been a Cowboys hater for a long long time and I knew I was going to have to make a tough decision (yes, I root for the Cowboys now).

Cleveland because their track record of taking highly coveted and highly talented quarterbacks and destroying them within 2 seasons is disturbing, unprecedented, and kind of impressive because it’s like they are actively trying to ruin quarterback careers at a record pace. However, the sad fact is that as an organization, they’re way too inept to be successful at anything (even something this bad) on purpose.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Is he elite?

Like top 8?

When healthy? Absolutely.

Mahomes
Herbert
Kyler
Watson
Dak
Lamar
Allen

That’s your Top 7 of the non-old QB’s (those deserving of a $40+ million per year long term contract) in no particular order.

Overall, you could add Rodgers, Brady, and R. Wilson to those 7 and have a pretty firm Top 10 for 2022. When talking about the next 5 years, I’d personally take Watson the player over everyone on the list but Mahomes, Herbert, Dak, Allen, and maybe Kyler. So he’d be Top 6 at worst.

Last edited:

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
They been losing bc they make extremely dumb draft picks. Some of those are QBs.

Johnny Manzel and Baker should have never been picked where they were.

Late 1st round and still on the board? Ok maybe.

They’ve been losing for a lot of reasons….mostly due to the front office. And that’s certainly one of them. Stefanski is a good coach and Watson is a great QB. Have to see if the front office can work around how badly they’ve crippled themselves with the Watson trade and contract (trade was probably worse than the money, TBH). I certainly have my doubts.

VegasDawg13

Jun 11, 2007
Cleveland because their track record of taking highly coveted and highly talented quarterbacks and destroying them within 2 seasons is disturbing, unprecedented, and kind of impressive because it’s like they are actively trying to ruin quarterback careers at a record pace. However, the sad fact is that as an organization, they’re way too inept to be successful at anything (even something this bad) on purpose.
Whenever anyone talks about inept Cleveland is as an organization, I, as a Dolphins fan, feel the need to point out that Miami's ownership/management has been every bit as bad for decades.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Are you a Cardinals fan by chance? Because one of those things is not like the others imo. I would also add Burrow.

No I’m not. But Kyler’s numbers through 3 years are undeniable…and his passing in particular has improved every year. How is he not in the conversation with the other young QB’s?

ETA: Agree on Burrow. He slipped my mind originally. All 8 of those guys are $40-$50 million per year guys going forward over the long haul, without question.

Last edited:

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Dak would have been a smart choice for Cleveland but the browns don’t make smart choices.

Dak in the 3rd or 4th round is way smarter than baker or Johnny in the first round.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020

The Dolphins have been closing in for a while now. The latest news was a new low.

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006
Don't forget about his epic road-trip to West Texas to dig up a bottle of Dom Perignon.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login