Big Soccer Game this evening at Georgia

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
5-0 in SEC play.

remaining opponents

A&M has three wins. Ole miss, Missouri and Kentucky have a combined two wins and are at the bottom of the league.

the three teams in front of us in the rankings all play each other. We could be No. 1 headed into the NcAA.
That game will be Ole Miss’s season. Little sister gonna little sister**

patdog

May 28, 2007
That game will be Ole Miss’s season. Little sister gonna little sister**
It won’t matter. They used to be a good program. But we’ve dominated that series the last 4 years. And after their coach went to Oklahoma, they’ve been awful. Our left back is from an Ole Miss family & started 3 years there before she saw the light & transferred.

Reactions: Dawgg

patdog

May 28, 2007
5-0 in SEC play.

remaining opponents

A&M has three wins. Ole miss, Missouri and Kentucky have a combined two wins and are at the bottom of the league.

the three teams in front of us in the rankings all play each other. We could be No. 1 headed into the NcAA.
Still got a tough makeup match at South Carolina if it gets made up. But should get 9 points from MO, MS & KY and at least a point at A&M & host all 4 NCAA tournament rounds before the Final Four. But there’s several really strong ACC teams out there we will struggle against.

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
Still got a tough makeup match at South Carolina if it gets made up. But should get 9 points from MO, MS & KY and at least a point at A&M & host all 4 NCAA tournament rounds before the Final Four. But there’s several really strong ACC teams out there we will struggle against.

We should have tied Wake. One of their goals was a fluke in a 2-1 loss.

UNC and Duke are both very good and Florida State is the defending champion. I caught Virginia Tech coming back from 2-0 down against them. We are much better than VT.

Stanford is a lot like us. They could definitely win the ACC but they could finish fifth. As of right now, I think we are the 3 national seed behind UNC and Wake and ahead of Duke.

Reactions: Maroon Pug

patdog

May 28, 2007

UNC and Duke are both very good and Florida State is the defending champion. I caught Virginia Tech coming back from 2-0 down against them. We are much better than VT.

Stanford is a lot like us. They could definitely win the ACC but they could finish fifth. As of right now, I think we are the 3 national seed behind UNC and Wake and ahead of Duke.
We were outplayed in that game. Wake had 18 shots (10 on goal) to our 8 (4 on goal). ACC is a much tougher league than the SEC is. We will struggle against any of the top ACC teams. But we should be a top 8 seed, and possibly a top 4 seed.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I want y’all to know that I took one for the team tonight. I have watched almost every minute this team has played all season, but after the first half, I knew I needed to stop watching, so despite, again, watching almost this entire season, I turned off the TV, made a defeatist post, and took my kids to the local pumpkin patch. 45 minutes later, we have the lead and subsequently a win.

So while, yes, there were some absolutely stunning individual performances from Main, Johnson, and Izquierdo, as well as a couple of killer saves by Anderson, we all know that I deserve all the credit for creating the karmic balance needed to turn this game around.

Am I a hero? Well, I think we live in an age where that word is used a little too loosely, but yes, yes, I am a hero.

Last edited:

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
I want y’all to know that I took one for the team tonight. I have watched almost every minute this team has played all season, but after the first half, I knew I needed to stop watching, so despite, again, watching almost this entire season, I turned off the TV, made a defeatist post, and took my kids to the local pumpkin patch. 45 minutes later, we have the lead and subsequently a win.

So while, yes, there were some absolutely stunning individual performances from Main, Johnson, and Izquierdo, as well as a couple of killer saves by Anderson, we all know that I deserve all the credit for creating the karmic balance needed to turn this game around.

Am I a hero? Well, I think we live in an age where that word is used a little to loosely, but yes, yes, I am a hero.
Respeck.

Reactions: Dawgg

patdog

May 28, 2007

Am I a hero? Well, I think we live in an age where that word is used a little to loosely, but yes, yes, I am a hero.
We appreciate your sacrifice. Now stay away the rest of the season.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012

History will be the judge of that. Was it a fluke or will you ever be known as the fan who gave his all by not watching? Only time will tell…

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012

First committee reveal is Thursday (Oct 17) at 6 central on ESPNU. We’ll know a lot more about where we stand then. We just can’t get caught slipping against Mizzou.

Duke beat Stanford and UNC beat Cal tonight. WF doesn’t play again until Oct 19. Ohio State and Iowa both lost and Michigan State tied… again (their 5th). So add that to our #3 RPI rank and, to me, we should be clearly in the top 4. Hopefully, the committee agrees.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login