Climate Folks Beware

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodknight

Jan 27, 2011
Major volcanic eruption in Tonga reported to disrupt global weather for the next few years. What are we going to do now because that eruption surely wasn’t caused by humans?

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
The massive polarity shift that is taking place now is more scary than anything else.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
All it would take is 2 major volcanic eruptions simultaneously to put us in a nuclear winter. We control nothing. Two Krakatoas and we are in trouble

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
Is that why this summer has been hotter than balls? Honest question.

For Houston, May was the 2nd hottest May ever, June and July were the hottest ever…. On pace for the hottest summer ever, however the next 10 days in August look to see some relief and not get but to 95 at the highest.

The number of dry 100F highs has been insane this year.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
The massive polarity shift that is taking place now is more scary than anything else.

The Earth is 4.3 Billion years old. Polarity shifts are a natural occurrence over those 4.3 Billion years, and are a huge reason for changing climate and weather patterns over the history of the Earth. Human existence is a gnat's fart, in relation to the overall climate patterns of the Earth. Polarity shifts are not a favorite topic of the left. It isn't conducive to extracting tax dollars out of the masses for "climate change".

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
^^This.
If temps start noticeably dropping watch the climate terrorists decide to levy a “sunlight usage tax” on all the new solar panel users.

patdog

May 28, 2007
This is good news for global weather. Will put a brake on the warming for a couple of years.

And for those who mentioned a polarity shift, that's not too big a deal. They've been happening every 200,000-300,000 years forever, with no real impact. And even if we're in one now (we're probably not), they take 2,000-7,000 years so I wouldn't worry about it anyway.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
The Earth is 4.3 Billion years old. Polarity shifts are a natural occurrence over those 4.3 Billion years, and are a huge reason for changing climate and weather patterns over the history of the Earth. Human existence is a gnat's fart, in relation to the overall climate patterns of the Earth. Polarity shifts are not a favorite topic of the left. It isn't conducive to extracting tax dollars out of the masses for "climate change".

The north pole is on the move. This has disrupted the magna flow under the earth causing a weakening of the of the magnetic shield protecting the earth from the sun. Less cloud cover over the poles causing ice melt.

https://www.ozy.com/around-the-world/why-the-north-pole-is-moving-faster-than-ever/256395/

https://www.businessinsider.com/earth-north-south-poles-flip-magnetic-field-2018-4

Last edited:

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
Yeah it’s not going to be too bad in Memphis either over the next week and a half. Hell hopefully summer peaked early this year though I know that is just wishful thinking

Dawgzilla

Mar 3, 2008

NASA says polar shifts cannot possibly affect climate, and are harmless. It could confuse migratory animals who rely on magnetism for navigation. This is not my area of expertise, just providing a counterpoint.

https://climate.nasa.gov/ask-nasa-c...ic-field-arent-causing-todays-climate-change/

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Krakatoa is the ancient one, right? What was the name of the one that caused the Year without a Summer that helped lead to the writings of Victorian Horror like Frankenstein?

ETA: Found it. Mount Tambora, Indonesia, 1815

Last edited:

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Dammit. African dust, volcano eruptions, polarity shifts, etc. are all 17n up the fear narrative.

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
Major volcanic eruption in Tonga reported to disrupt global weather for the next few years. What are we going to do now because that eruption surely wasn’t caused by humans?

I think the obvious answer is that the US Congress needs to join the rest of the world in outlawing volcanos. Once legislation is passed that prevents the use of these "assault" volcanos we won't have to ever worry about them erupting again!

Dawgzilla

Mar 3, 2008
So, only the North Pole is on the move? Seems like a polarity shift would require the South Pole to move as well. The North Pole has been fluid for centuries, it is just moving fairly rapidly right now.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
So, only the North Pole is on the move? Seems like a polarity shift would require the South Pole to move as well. The North Pole has been fluid for centuries, it is just moving fairly rapidly right now.

I don't know but you would think it will have to move eventually. The Scientist are baffled and that's what is scary.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
^^This.
If temps start noticeably dropping watch the climate terrorists decide to levy a “sunlight usage tax” on all the new solar panel users.

I only have one problem with the climate change police. Every time we make a cut in emissions it probably goes up by two or three fold on the other side of the planet in China and India. If they want to make a real change they'll figure out a way to get all the nations in this world involved. I think green energy is a great option for the future for solar and wind but that should be the only way you can charge electric cars. It seems kind of ridiculous to tell everyone they should buy electric cars only to charge them off the same coal and natural gas grid we've had for years.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I think the obvious answer is that the US Congress needs to join the rest of the world in outlawing volcanos. Once legislation is passed that prevents the use of these "assault" volcanos we won't have to ever worry about them erupting again!

At the very least we should acknowledge that the carbon footprints that we Christo-Fascists leave behind are the direct cause of these volcanic eruptions, democrats are our only hope to solve the problem, and we should embrace $4 gas and green energy because we have only months to act to prevent the next big volcanic eruption.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
As long as we're spreading fear, the biggest worry in the next hundred years or so is a massive solar storm. Another Carrington Event today would cause massive disruptions and huge costs.

The Carrington Event: History's greatest solar storm | Space

I had been convinced that the solar storm threat was overblown and that while it would be bad, it really wouldn't disable most electronics, but seeing how fragile our supply chains are and how inept our "leadership" is, I have changed my opinion back to thinking it could be a catastrophic event. And there's not really anyway to prepare for it because all of our institutions are corrupt and inept. Not that this is directly related, but we have an organization that in theory exists to address communicable disease, and within basically a year of encouraging/condoning schools being shut down in a futile attempt to stop an airborne virus, the director can't even advise people to cut out the gay orgies for a month to stop the spread of an imminently preventable disease because she thinks it would be impolitic. And she's not really an outlier for her unseriousness. We just aren't capable of having effective government entities right now. Even our military is dominated by leadership that couldn't run a local fedex distribution center competently. Based on their plan for Afghanistan, they would send the trucks out first and then try to load them. If we tried to utilize the government to prepare for a carrington type event, it would just be money down the drain.

Last edited:

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I had been convinced that the solar storm threat was overblown and that while it would be bad, it really wouldn't disable most electronics, but seeing how fragile our supply chains are and how inept our "leadership" is, I have changed my opinion back to thinking it could be a catastrophic event. And there's not really anyway to prepare for it because all of our institutions are corrupt and inept. Not that this is directly related, but we have an organization that in theory exists to address communicable disease, and within basically a year of encouraging/condoning schools being shut down in a futile attempt to stop an airborne virus, the director can't even advise people to cut out the gay orgies for a month to stop the spread of an imminently preventable disease because she thinks it would be impolitic. And she's not really an outlier for her unseriousness. We just aren't capable of having effective government entities right now. Even our military is dominated by leadership that couldn't run a local fedex distribution center competently. Based on their plan for Afghanistan, they would send the trucks out first and then try to load them.

Sometimes Darwin has to step in and cull the herd a little bit.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
C'mon man. You're saying the quiet part out loud. We are so much greener now with all the new policies. Instead of producing our own oil in the most ecofriendly ways possible, we will ask Russia, Saudi Arabia and South America to do it with greater environmental impact. Remember kids...if it doesn't happen on US soil, it doesn't matter.

And let's keep leaning on Chinese owned battery manufactures that abuse 3rd world African countries for the cobalt and lithium. That's another humanitarian and ecological thumbs up.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Sometimes Darwin has to step in and cull the herd a little bit.

Yea, Darwin is an *** hole. Routinely killing poor people in poor countries because of stupid decisions by "elites" in rich countries.

wdawg44

Jun 4, 2014
Supposedly we were also in a mauder minimum from 1810 to 1820 with the peak in 1815. I've read we are in the same type cycle from 2020 to 2030. The peak of solar inactivity will be 2025 where there will be a solid month with little to no solar activity. So if true another decent volcano in the next couple of years could cool things off a lot.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I only have one problem with the climate change police. Every time we make a cut in emissions it probably goes up by two or three fold on the other side of the planet in China and India. If they want to make a real change they'll figure out a way to get all the nations in this world involved. I think green energy is a great option for the future for solar and wind but that should be the only way you can charge electric cars. It seems kind of ridiculous to tell everyone they should buy electric cars only to charge them off the same coal and natural gas grid we've had for years.

Well, we are rich and have a lot of emissions. Realistically, we should have to cut more than poorer countries (who probably aren't going to cut at all, but might could be convinced to slow the increase in their emissions).

My problem with the climate police are that essentially no one that claims it's a crisis is willing to cut back their lifestyle. They want poorer people than them to be even poorer while they still fly around the country and keep the exact same consumption profile. Either we're not going to convince poorer countries to slow down at all, or we're going to manage to bribe corrupt government officials to devastate their country with bad policies that will only temporarily reduce emissions (if at all) while they are recovering from the after effects of civil unrest.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Krakatoa was 1883 and cooled the planet by about a degree for a year or so. The eruption destroyed the island, but it reappeared 40 years later and is still active.

BoomBoom.sixpack

Aug 22, 2012

I am continually amazed that the people who have been consistently wrong about a warming Earth can continue to be so self confident and assholeish about it.

VegasDawg13

Jun 11, 2007
I am continually amazed that the people who have been consistently wrong about a warming Earth can continue to be so self confident and assholeish about it.
I am continually amazed by people that decided 20 years ago that global warming was a hoax who continue to think the earth isn't warming even though it objectively is

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Dammit. African dust, volcano eruptions, polarity shifts, etc. are all 17n up the fear narrative.

Its the damn dinosaurs fault. They had to have it all hot and warm so they could inhabit far northern regions and freeze. Then the mammoths came along and turned everything into a glacier. Just set the thermostat at 74 and leave it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login