Coaching search discussions will commence tomorrow

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008
I think its premature and I really dont want to think too hard about it as everything is still way too fresh but I want to say the unsaid.

I would love to have Zach Arnett as HC to test it but that isnt going to happen. We have built a roster for the air raid and we need an OC that is going to come in and be able to do something similar with our roster and keep our commits. And the truth is, those caliber guys dont come here as OC's. They all are either currently a HC or planning to be a HC at their next move. That means we will have to hire the offensive mind as the HC or we are screwed.

And I hate that for Arnett because, if we had a more typical roster, he would have a higher % chance. But i dont see Arnett being the HC and being able to bring in that guy as an OC

Now, I hope that means that whoever is hired can keep Arnett because I dont want to lose him at all. But that may be a difficult proposition too. I would hope that whoever becomes the HC can see that value and does like what Arnett has and will let him roll.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Until then, please refrain from starting new threads about it. Coach Leach deserves at least 24 hours.

ETA: Dawgstudent approved this message.
Thanks for this. Some of these jerks would be trying to set their mom up with the most eligible bachelor in town at their dads funeral!

Reactions: DerHntr

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
I think its premature and I really dont want to think too hard about it as everything is still way too fresh but I want to say the unsaid.

I would love to have Zach Arnett as HC to test it but that isnt going to happen. We have built a roster for the air raid and we need an OC that is going to come in and be able to do something similar with our roster and keep our commits. And the truth is, those caliber guys dont come here as OC's. They all are either currently a HC or planning to be a HC at their next move. That means we will have to hire the offensive mind as the HC or we are screwed.

And I hate that for Arnett because, if we had a more typical roster, he would have a higher % chance. But i dont see Arnett being the HC and being able to bring in that guy as an OC

Now, I hope that means that whoever is hired can keep Arnett because I dont want to lose him at all. But that may be a difficult proposition too. I would hope that whoever becomes the HC can see that value and does like what Arnett has and will let him roll.
What’s wrong with Spurrier being OC? The man has learned from the best, right? I’m just thinking out loud here.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
What’s wrong with Spurrier being OC? The man has learned from the best, right? I’m just thinking out loud here.
I thought Spurrier Jr, would be a cool choice. Given how we could have had his father --- back in the day.
But apparently, from the rumor mill: Spurrier is hard to work with and needs to be kept on a leash.
Leach was able to do that.
Also heard he lacks the organization skills and football acumen of his Dad and that he's reached his ceiling as a position coach.
But who the hell really knows?

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
The real need is protecting players and recruits. Would like to know that we've got something effective in place at the moment - whether we go out and find a new coach, hire from within or just name an interim.
It's not the most wonderful time of the football year to lose a coach this way.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

This was a lot of typing to be so wrong a few hours later.

I'm mesmerized by how much overthinking happens here.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
Coaching search discussions terminate today as well. Unless we are going to discuss OCs for a while.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
Coaching search discussions terminate today as well. Unless we are going to discuss OCs for a while.
I’m glad we waited until today and I’m very glad the administration had enough sense to make the deal with Arnett immediately.

Reactions: RocketDawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login