Cohen not allowing Diamond Girls back on the field?

Beretta.sixpack

Oct 29, 2009
Read where UM, Southern Miss, Delta St and everyone else in state allowing their Diamond girls back on the field, but we are not? Is this on Cohen?

What am i missing here? I also saw a petition online to have them back that has over 3K people already signed on for them to come back...

if this is Cohen's work, man o man....

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020
Those poor players will have to pick up their own bats? Such a shame.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
This is causing a bigger **** storm than you think. There's a petition started on it. Combine this with the Easter ********, and there are some pissed off folks. Cohen is just oblivious to way too many things.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
This is causing a bigger **** storm than you think. There's a petition started on it. Combine this with the Easter ********, and there are some pissed off folks. Cohen is just oblivious to way too many things.

Does oblivious indicate incompetence?

DAWG61

Feb 26, 2008
Ah man the cancel culture has something new to complain about. Shocker.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021

Really? Disappointing if it is. Worry about something more important

Aug 21, 2015

Oh no, a petition? How will MSU baseball ever recover from that?***

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Maybe I miss understood, but didn’t Steve say this wasn’t true on an episode of the Boneyard recently?

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Well the year we didn’t have Diamond Girls on the field, we won the Natty. Maybe they’ve been bad luck all these years.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Oh no, a petition? How will MSU baseball ever recover from that?***

Considering it was started by a former player and a couple of our announcers, yeah. I'm just telling you, this isn't going over well. Few thousand have signed it and donated money toward the cause. Number of former players too.

Last edited:

hydrodawg

Jun 6, 2013
Considering it was started by a former player and a couple of our announcers, yeah. I'm just telling you, this isn't going over well. Few thousand have signed it and donated money toward the cause. Number of former players too.

Thousands, huh. Like that caravan of Guatemalan that keep marching past my house here in America's heartland. Where will we ever put them all?

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
Maybe lemonis doesn’t want them. They have been a distraction in the past.

We won a national championship without them last year. If Lemonis believes they are a distraction, I wouldn’t have an issue with getting rid of them completely.

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
So if this is true, wtf not?
I don’t see a reason for this to be the case unless the DDG have said they don’t want to be on the field or C Lemonis has said he doesn’t or a majority of current players have said they don’t want the Diamond Girls being on the field.
This is stupid if it’s just a ***** move by Nellie.

Aug 21, 2015

Donated money? For what?

I regret clicking on this ridiculous thread.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Donated money? For what?

I regret clicking on this ridiculous thread.

Hell if I know. But people are donating. I'm just passing along the news. I never thought Cohen would screw up with baseball stuff, but he's damn sure trying.

tired

Sep 16, 2013
Back when I played, I preferred no bat girls. It was kind of a distraction, but I was a very mental player. Not a big deal to me. I can tell you though, this is not a one man's decision, ie, Cohen. This come from the head man. Lemonis is firmly in charge of that sport. I guess the cool thing is to blame Cohen though.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Back when I played, I preferred no bat girls. It was kind of a distraction, but I was a very mental player. Not a big deal to me. I can tell you though, this is not a one man's decision, ie, Cohen. This come from the head man. Lemonis is firmly in charge of that sport. I guess the cool thing is to blame Cohen though.

They're saying it's due to Covid now (after lots of flip flopping). So maybe it's been hashed out. But this excuse is trash considering other schools are using diamond girls

Last edited:

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Hell if I know. But people are donating. I'm just passing along the news. I never thought Cohen would screw up with baseball stuff, but he's damn sure trying.

So we are actually turning a profit out of threatening to get rid of the Diamond Girls? If true (which, make no mistake, it isn’t), we should do that every year.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
So it's ok for football cheerleaders, band, flags, twirlers, etc with Covid going on but not Diamond Girls? Lame excuse if so

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Umm, that's not going to the school.

Good gosh….how deep are you going to dig this hole for yourself? The school has exclusive control over the entire existence of the Diamond Girls. They are the only ones making the call. You’re saying people are donating to somebody else to try and bring them back? Did you even attempt to apply any critical thinking before spewing this keyboard diarrhea?

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
This whole thing sounds like “fake news” to me. Donations going to nowhere? A mystery petition that nobody else has ever seen? Hmmmm.

Bulldogg31

Dec 9, 2013
I know that I have an opinion on this because it’s 1:00 AM and I’ve been out drinking Tito’s, but I probably need to see pics to know if I’m for this or against it.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
The diamond girls aren’t gonna be on the field as of now.

A petition was started to get them back on the field. That petition also has an associated fund raiser. Don’t know why but it’s there.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
This is your friendly reminder that you aren't obligated to have an opinion about every single thing that happens in the world, even if it's Mississippi State related.

Beretta.sixpack

Oct 29, 2009
Hate to break this to you but....

Not only fake news, but fake news about something that nobody gives a 17 about.

this is very real.....and apparently, a lot of folks in the baseball world give a 17 about it.....I could care less one way or the other, but to be honest, it is a bad look.....and with everyone else going forward with it, we will be the butt end of a joke regarding this....watch and see....

BulldogBillyCrash

Oct 31, 2019
this is very real.....and apparently, a lot of folks in the baseball world give a 17 about it.....I could care less one way or the other, but to be honest, it is a bad look.....and with everyone else going forward with it, we will be the butt end of a joke regarding this....watch and see....

We are the current a national champions in baseball…Delta State, Southern Miss, Northern Miss does not so yes they can laugh all they want with their diamond girls while we laugh with our CWS trophy

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login