Cohen Vs. Schaefer

FormerBully

Sep 2, 2022
What is the story between Cohen and Schaefer? I have always heard Cohen was the reason he left, but I never heard the details.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
the innuendo is that either father or daughter had a _____ relationship with one of the players or someone else closely associated with the team.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
lesbian GIF

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Not that there's anything wrong with that. Well, except for the assistant coach and player part of it.

Yeah, that was always the hot rumor, but there’s no way that would ever be on Cohen’s hands for “running him off” even if it were true. Would have been no different than the Petrino or Cannizarro situations.

Reactions: patdog

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
A certain young blonde staffer who was close to the head coach was intimately involved with a certain crocodile wrestler on the team. Cohen told Vic to have them knock it off and Vic packed his bags and went to Texas. At least that’s the story.

Reactions: D4L

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
the innuendo is that either father or daughter had a _____ relationship with one of the players or someone else closely associated with the team.
The rumor I heard was that a child of a former high ranking athletic department employee was very friendly with a player and Vic was accused of limiting that person’s playing time because of her sexual preference. That was the straw that broke the camel’s back. He was tired of the bs and rolled out to greener pastures. Allegedly

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
The rumor I heard was that a child of a former high ranking athletic department employee was very friendly with a player and Vic was accused of limiting that person’s playing time because of her sexual preference. That was the straw that broke the camel’s back. He was tired of the bs and rolled out to greener pastures. Allegedly
There's no way a women's basketball coach can limit playing time because of a player's sexual preference. Schaefer wouldn't have a team if that was the case.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Which, if said events happened, would have been the 100% correct (and only) move for Cohen to make.
It’s also the kind of things departments (athletic or not) sweep under the rug on the reg. Same with Cannizzaro and his affair.

I don’t disagree with either firings on their merits. But, for a dude whose family lives more of a rainbow lifestyle, Cohen always seemed to rule in black and white. Not consistent.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
There's no way a women's basketball coach can limit playing time because of a player's sexual preference. Schaefer wouldn't have a team if that was the case.
Didn’t say he did. The girl not getting playing time and her friend and friends family made that claim. Allegedly.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
It’s also the kind of things departments (athletic or not) sweep under the rug on the reg. Same with Cannizzaro and his affair.

I don’t disagree with either firings on their merits. But, for a dude whose family lives more of a rainbow lifestyle, Cohen always seemed to rule in black and white. Not consistent.

Uh, no. Its not something that can ever be legally swept under the rug when an assistant coach is literally 17ing one of her own players. Cohen has a legal obligation to report / correct it to keep himself clean if he was informed of what was going on. Huge sexual harrassment liability for the university. Again, same as Petrino and Cannizarro who were both terminated. Way worse, actually…..IF it happened.

Last edited:

ronpolk

May 6, 2009

Wouldn’t the fact that he handled both situations the same way be consistent? Maybe I’m missing something that has happened in cohen’s personal Life… did his wife have an affair with someone?

RopeDawg

Feb 24, 2023
Maybe the off the court stuff did happen but let’s just be real…it’s Texas. 99.999% of coaches make that move.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login