Coke Zero Sugar sucks

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Man, I’ve been drinking zero now for over 5 years. I tried to drink a true Coke the other day and it tasted like a pack of syrup.

which is weird …I don’t drink it because of health, I actually like the taste over Coke OG.

I still slam an ice cold Mountain Dew once a week…..a DP a couple times a month.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Why is there such thing as Coke Zero? I like the taste of Diet Coke better anyway, but is there some reason they have two no sugar alternatives to the original?

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
You and ClintoninHelen?

pig roast river GIF

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
I think coke zero and diet coke are the same formula and sweetener. I believe I read somewhere that Coke Zero was created to market easier to men who don't won't to buy a product with Diet in the name. I know in other countries Diet Coke is called something different like Coke Light.

Reactions: The Fatboy

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I think coke zero and diet coke are the same formula and sweetener. I believe I read somewhere that Coke Zero was created to market easier to men who don't won't to buy a product with Diet in the name. I know in other countries Diet Coke is called something different like Coke Light.
Coke Zero is a lot better than Diet Coke.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
Cherry Coke Zero is my personal favorite diet drink. I guess they still make it, haven't bought in a while.
My daughter drinks this. She seems to like it and yes they sell it but Kroger is a bit spotty on keeping it in stock. She also wanted the Dr Pepper Zero Strawberries and Cream. I haven't tried it and don't think I will. Sounds horrible but she likes it.

Reactions: dorndawg

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I was once mildly addicted to Mnt Dew, drank minimum of 3x 16oz a day and more on weekends. Now, if its not coffee, water, milk or beer (not in that order) I don't drink it. If I drank something carbonated and sweet I'd hurl my innards up.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
About a decade ago I was drinking at least a 6 pack of 16oz bottles of OG Coke a day. I started working out a bit more & tracking my caloric, sodium, sugar intake etc on one of those fitness things. I was flabbergasted at the amount of sugar I was consuming.

Long story short, I slowly switched over to Zero and lost 40lbs in about a year. Diet Coke tastes like ***. If I pick up a real Coke now, though, I can taste the diabeetus.

Reactions: mike tice

klong-dog

Aug 22, 2012
I think I remember hearing many years ago that 1 coke has the equivalent of 7 Krispy Kreme donuts.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I probably don't drink a case of Cokes or any soda for that matter per year, but. Coke Zero is far superior to Diet Coke and I'd honestly rather have a Zero over a full leaded Coke. But if I'm pouring a bag of peanuts in the bottle then a full fledged Coke is the only option.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Yeah it’s bad if you drink 20 gallons of Diet Coke every day for 2 years straight.
Ok so that was a bit of an exaggeration, it’s actually only 36 cans of Diet Coke per day. So a little over 3 gallons of Diet Coke per day to reach the maximum daily limit.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Ok so that was a bit of an exaggeration, it’s actually only 36 cans of Diet Coke per day. So a little over 3 gallons of Diet Coke per day to reach the maximum daily limit.
I’m pretty close. Pretty sure I’m going to have the same result as John Daly.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
I drink a lot of Coke Zero. I prefer it by miles over Diet Coke. Interestingly, from the fountain the difference is very slight to me but out of a can or bottle diet is almost undrinkable.
When they switched from Coke Zero to Coke Zero Sugar a few years back I could barely tell the difference between those as well.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I drink a lot of Coke Zero. I prefer it by miles over Diet Coke. Interestingly, from the fountain the difference is very slight to me but out of a can or bottle diet is almost undrinkable.
When they switched from Coke Zero to Coke Zero Sugar a few years back I could barely tell the difference between those as well.
And restaurants with freestyle machines need to figure out their syrup concentration better. The difference between a Sonic Coke Zero and a Freestyle CZ, is like the difference between freshly squeezed OJ and OJ from a new metal water bottle after brushing your teeth.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Odd timing on this thread. I was just telling my Coke rep this very thing this week.

Coke Zero is not very popular. Coca-Cola corporate is pushing it hard, but it's just not taking. I switched the fountain machine in the restaurant from Pepsi to Coke in early November.

The fountain has six flavors. Coke, Coke Zero, Diet Coke, Sprite, Dr Pepper, and Barq's.

Every flavor has gone through at least multiple (4 each in the case of Coke and Dr Pepper and 3 of diet Coke and Sprite) 5 gallon bibs except for the Coke Zero. I literally just changed out the first 2.5 gallon bib that was hooked up when we installed the machine in November yesterday.

To put numbers to that story, a 5 gallon bib of syrup contains about 160 pours of 24 ounces. The 2.5 gallon bib is more like 80. So we have gone through 700+ cups of Coke and Dr Pepper to only 80 of the Coke Zero.

Barq's hasn't been great either, but that's because we have a better root beer in cans (Old Faithful from Grand Teton Brewing.) We also sell half liter glass bottles of Mexican Coke to the tune of about 5 cases a month.

Across the board the Coke Zero is a flat out dog. Switching it over to lemonade next month.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Coke zero tastes ok but the cheesy 'Jen and Jim' ads we have to listen to 20 times every game make my skin crawl.

I don't drink coke products as a rule because coke is so woke.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Coke zero tastes ok but the cheesy 'Jen and Jim' ads we have to listen to 20 times every game make my skin crawl.

I don't drink coke products as a rule because coke is so woke.
I am not trying to blow this thread up, but why does everyone care so much if people or companies don’t agree politically with them? I had someone I know who wouldn’t let his sons see the avengers movies because he didn’t like Chris Evans’s political stance. Who cares?? If I like a certain brand I’m not going to stop buying it if I find out it’s Trump’s or Biden’s too. The reason I don’t drink coke is because I am old and soda is like this to me:

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login