Coke Zero Sugar sucks

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Yeah, aspartame has probably been tested more than any other food product over decades, and nothing has ever been proven that it’s dangerous in reasonable amounts.
In any of these food additives, dosage is always key but these fearmongerers like to leave that out and just flat out scare people.
You take 2 Tylenol when you have a headache, not 12.

The IARC has labeled aspartame as a 2B carcinogen. Which in other word says it might cause cancer but theres not enough evidence to prove that it does.

The agent (mixture) is "possibly carcinogenic to humans". The exposure circumstance entails exposures that are possibly carcinogenic to humans. This category is used for agents, mixtures and exposure circumstances for which there is limited evidence of carcinogenicity in humans and less than sufficient evidence of carcinogenicity in experimental animals.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I used to drink diet Dr. Pepper religiously about 15-20 years ago, but I'm pretty sure the aspartame was screwing with my sleep. I stopped all diet drinks and felt fantastic and didn't experience any ballooning weight gain.

That being said, I rarely drink sodas now and when I do, I opt for niche 'real sugar' versions over high fructose corn syrup. I don't think real sugar is necessarily better for you, but I can tell a 100% difference in the way it tastes and the way I feel afterwards. On the rare occasion I drink a regular HFCS soda now, it's too thick and I feel gross after.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
It's best not to drink them, but if you are drinking one or two a day, it shouldn't be a problem. The artificial sweeteners do mess with signals to your brain that help with the whole fat burning process, but if you are a gym rat or cross fit fanatic, you will burn this stuff out of your system quickly.

I remember reading where they said it was a marketing gimmick and the ingredients were the same, but this is what came back on google (take that for what it is worth).

1706295850475.png

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I’m shocked in 2024 people still drink this poison routinely
Bored Season 3 GIF by The Office

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I use Sprite or Coke "regular" to mix lower-shelf bourbon. Otherwise, I got off the soda merry-go-round for iced tea brewed with Stevia years ago.

Reactions: dorndawg

mike tice

Sep 30, 2022
Man, I’ve been drinking zero now for over 5 years. I tried to drink a true Coke the other day and it tasted like a pack of syrup.

which is weird …I don’t drink it because of health, I actually like the taste over Coke OG.

I still slam an ice cold Mountain Dew once a week…..a DP a couple times a month.
I figured you for a DP guy.

• Haha
Reactions: Lettuce

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
you’ve changed my mind….i plan to start trusting my govt, pharmaceutical companies, and corp america to tell me what is best for my health. i see now that any chemical soup made within the last century for profit is probably good for me.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
you’ve changed my mind….i plan to start trusting my govt, pharmaceutical companies, and corp america to tell me what is best for my health. i see now that any chemical soup made within the last century for profit is probably good for me.
So you don’t drink alcohol or you’re drunk?

Oct 17, 2023
All of you drinking diet/zero sugar drinks need to google the artificial sweetener's side effect. They are VERY, VERY bad for your brain. And some of you really can't afford any lessening of your mental capability.

Reactions: PBDog

the_marshall

Jan 31, 2019
All of you drinking diet/zero sugar drinks need to google the artificial sweetener's side effect. They are VERY, VERY bad for your brain. And some of you really can't afford any lessening of your mental capability.
Thanks, but everything causes cancer, brain damage, or something else. At this point I'm gonna live my life. I could become a vegan and drink water and maybe that would be great and I'd get a couple extra years. I think I'll pass on googling everything. That's like looking up every illness on WebMD.

Oct 17, 2023
Thanks, but everything causes cancer, brain damage, or something else. At this point I'm gonna live my life. I could become a vegan and drink water and maybe that would be great and I'd get a couple extra years. I think I'll pass on googling everything. That's like looking up every illness on WebMD.

My fat *** is definitely not a health food nut or even a healthy eater at all but I draw the line a eating stuff proven to affect your brain function and memory.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
My fat *** is definitely not a health food nut or even a healthy eater at all but I draw the line a eating stuff proven to affect your brain function and memory.
again shocked that people believe a for profit chemical soup doesn’t affect our health. but that’s all part of the plan:: feed us sshit, prescribe us meds, pay our taxes, schedule our surgeries, and then die early

Reactions: Anon1697564126

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
In any of these food additives, dosage is always key but these fearmongerers like to leave that out and just flat out scare people.
You take 2 Tylenol when you have a headache, not 12.

The IARC has labeled aspartame as a 2B carcinogen. Which in other word says it might cause cancer but theres not enough evidence to prove that it does.

The agent (mixture) is "possibly carcinogenic to humans". The exposure circumstance entails exposures that are possibly carcinogenic to humans. This category is used for agents, mixtures and exposure circumstances for which there is limited evidence of carcinogenicity in humans and less than sufficient evidence of carcinogenicity in experimental animals.
I've never really looked at the research on artificial sweeteners in detail because I've never eaten or drank it if I could help it, , but when I did sort of try to look the supposed harms, it jumped out as immediately suspicious that these very different chemical structures supposedly had largely the same side effects. Certainly if they all "trick" the body into thinking something is sweet, it's not crazy that they might affect the body in similar ways that are connected to the how the body perceives sweetness (e.g., maybe they all do trigger cravings for more sweet foods/drinks), but for stuff seemingly unrelated (like headaches, cancer, inflammation, insulin resistance), my first impression was that it looked like sort of a puritan reaction to the idea that people could "cheat" their way around needing to deny themselves sweets.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
We’re talking about soft drinks, not alcohol
The difference is that the juice is worth the squeeze with alcohol.

I'll occasionally have a soft drink if I need something to help keep me awake and sometimes if I have a headache b/c it seems to help (guessing it's the caffeine but the fizz seems to help; may just be a placebo affect with the fizz). But I'll generally crash afterwards and feel like ****. I've got too many unhealthy habits that I enjoy to add to them by giving myself a sugar bomb that leaves me feeling gross and lethargic afterwards. And if you don't share my opinions on the tradeoffs that's obviously a character defect on your part.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
The difference is that the juice is worth the squeeze with alcohol.

I'll occasionally have a soft drink if I need something to help keep me awake and sometimes if I have a headache b/c it seems to help (guessing it's the caffeine but the fizz seems to help; may just be a placebo affect with the fizz). But I'll generally crash afterwards and feel like ****. I've got too many unhealthy habits that I enjoy to add to them by giving myself a sugar bomb that leaves me feeling gross and lethargic afterwards. And if you don't share my opinions on the tradeoffs that's obviously a character defect on your part.
No doubt, one of my many flaws. But I moderately binge drink alcohol as well.

AFDawg

Apr 28, 2010
...and then die early
If that's the strategy, it doesn't seem terribly effective considering that life expectancy steadily rose every year from 1950 to 2019. And after a downturn in 2020 it's rising again.

Reactions: mcdawg22

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
I feel light headed and have almost passed out when I have tried diet sodas, maybe allergic to aspartame.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
The fact Boom Boom upvoted this just made me spit out my toddy of Sparks and Yager

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
If that's the strategy, it doesn't seem terribly effective considering that life expectancy steadily rose every year from 1950 to 2019. And after a downturn in 2020 it's rising again.
mo meds mo money …..less quality of life. if they can keep you alive then medicare can keep the lights on

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login