College football NC goes to . . .

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
The highest bidder! I'm sure when college sports were first instituted this was the long term plan.

Reactions: onewoof

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Nah. Money gets you in the game, but the game still has to be won on the field. That's kinda why most people watch it. It's not like we haven't known forever who the blue bloods are. Look at LSU baseball, best team money can buy, but can they actually win it? I know most of us will be rooting against them. Maybe we need the evil corporate team once in a while.

NIL hasn't changed things very much, in that regard. But combined with the portal, it has. But the portal has also been a net positive for MSU.

That's why the playoff expansion was so necessary. Gives people the illusion of hope.

I suggest just accepting it for what it is. That said, my journey is all this, is.....I now want to see if MSU can pull off a miracle football season and/or a real basketball program that can make another run. I'll always love MSU baseball, but after 2021, I'm kinda over it. I saw it once, the culmination, I'm happy with it.

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
Gonna have to respectfully disagree. NIL has COMPLETELY changed how things are done. It’s made cheating legal now… and we are so far behind the richer schools is scary. Cohen 17’d us again…

Attachments

• IMG_2207.jpeg
    IMG_2207.jpeg
    696.8 KB · Views: 12

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
My only disappointment in expanding the playoffs to 12 teams is that some of the games will be played in the higher seed's campus stadium. I would like to use the current bowl system to handle all playoff games which would give the teams a somewhat neutral site. Example....If we happened to match up vs BAMA, for instance, I would rather play them in Atlanta, Nashville, Memphis, New Orleans, or some other current bowl city vs playing them in Tuscaloser. Just not fair to have to go to Bryant Denny and let that venue intimidate the refs.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
My only disappointment in expanding the playoffs to 12 teams is that some of the games will be played in the higher seed's campus stadium. I would like to use the current bowl system to handle all playoff games which would give the teams a somewhat neutral site. Example....If we happened to match up vs BAMA, for instance, I would rather play them in Atlanta, Nashville, Memphis, New Orleans, or some other current bowl city vs playing them in Tuscaloser. Just not fair to have to go to Bryant Denny and let that venue intimidate the refs.
It would still be like a home game for Bummer. They travel well. We do not.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Nah. Money gets you in the game, but the game still has to be won on the field. That's kinda why most people watch it. It's not like we haven't known forever who the blue bloods are. Look at LSU baseball, best team money can buy, but can they actually win it? I know most of us will be rooting against them. Maybe we need the evil corporate team once in a while.

NIL hasn't changed things very much, in that regard. But combined with the portal, it has. But the portal has also been a net positive for MSU.

That's why the playoff expansion was so necessary. Gives people the illusion of hope.

I suggest just accepting it for what it is. That said, my journey is all this, is.....I now want to see if MSU can pull off a miracle football season and/or a real basketball program that can make another run. I'll always love MSU baseball, but after 2021, I'm kinda over it. I saw it once, the culmination, I'm happy with it.
OM is winning the portal game. They are recruiting at a high level as well with NIL money.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Stack the deck with better starters and backups, pay them the most, win and be a hero. That's the legacy of the Bear.

The idea of "coaching them up" is for the losers

Reactions: Ranchdawg

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
What I don't get is why you need a coach who did well under the pre-NIL system of paying the players or why you would consider paying a coach more when you could send that money to get better players.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Lemonis had a much better record when he made less money

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
Need to have refs from a conference not connected to either team in all playoff games. If Bama gets to use the SEC refs in a playoff game it’s a waste of time. Outcome is already decided before the game even starts.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021

Money won them a WBB NC

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Gonna have to respectfully disagree. NIL has COMPLETELY changed how things are done. It’s made cheating legal now… and we are so far behind the richer schools is scary. Cohen 17’d us again…

Love On3’s new “Reply with Quote” feature

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login